Thread: Lean or fat?

Lean or fat?

I'll keep this as short as possible:
    If someone was chubby/fat their whole life from age 1-17 (20% fat), then suddenly became physically active and trimmed down to 10% fat and kept it off for 2 years, would that person be considered lean or fat? I dont mean appearance-wise. I mean in terms of genetics.
    I ask because weight gain/weight loss rules (i.e. muscle loss/fatloss, and muscle gain/fat gain) differ for fat and thin people. Fat people put on fat faster, etc...
    So would I be fat, or lean?
    Thanks

lol.. i dont think the words lean and fat are used to describe a person in their current state geneticly. Right now you ARE lean. Geneticly you may but fat on easier, or have a slower matabilisim.. but your not branded one word regardless of change.

wicked. i'm a skinny fatass lol

What kinda question is this? End of thread.

the bodytype within never changes as far as i know

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

A person can adapt to eating more or less than they are used to. The stomach actually expands and contracts with eating habits. Once you establish different eating habits, you can increase/decrease the amount of fat you have. Just because you grew up fat doesn't mean you're destined to be fat your whole life.

Of course everyone is different so it will require more or less work from person to person, but the general idea is that your body reflects your eating habits.
    Stats
    BF: 13.2% (6-10-07 w/ calipers)

Lifts
    Bench: 300x1 (9-22-06)
    Squat: 285x4
    Deadlift: 225x10

Long-term Goals
    Weight: 180 BF: 8% Bench: 315x1

I think he's asking about the ectomorphic/mesomorphic/endomorphic classifications

And your body type generally doesn't change. I mean, I'm natrually ecto/mesomorphic, before I lifted weights I was around 160lbs at 5'10", and very lean, but right now I'm close to 220lbs and I have a decent amount of fat on me (maybe 14 or 15%), but if I don't force feed myself constantly, my weight will drop VERY quickly. So even though I don't look like it, my body still behaves ectomorphically (is that even a word, haha)

Your bodies genetic predisposition to gain muscle easily. (if you're an endomorph for example) will never change. You could be a fat or skinny endomorph, but you are still an endomorph.