Thread: Great-great-grandmother shoots robber

Hybrid View

Great-great-grandmother shoots robber

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/artic...shoots_robber/

Best quote from her, after feeling a little guilty about the whole thing, "I'm not feeling real perky". LOL
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I bet he's pissed a old lady got the best of him. If she was interested in saving her life pulling out a gun was probably the dumbest thing she could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    If she was interested in saving her life pulling out a gun was probably the dumbest thing she could have done.
    As Charlie Murphy would say "wrong, Wrong"

How many people working at stores have been shot during a robbery? Just a little while ago a person working at a gas station was killed during a robbery. If someone pulls a gun on me, I'll pull one back. I have the element of surprise, the counter for protection, the fact that the robber is probably nervous, and the odds that I am probably (if not certian) that I am a better shot and will get a shot off first.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide
    As Charlie Murphy would say "wrong, Wrong"

How many people working at stores have been shot during a robbery? Just a little while ago a person working at a gas station was killed during a robbery. If someone pulls a gun on me, I'll pull one back. I have the element of surprise, the counter for protection, the fact that the robber is probably nervous, and the odds that I am probably (if not certian) that I am a better shot and will get a shot off first.
    It's pretty common knowledge that it's advised to store clerks NOT to pull a gun on someone robbing them, and just to give them what they want. Someone robbing a store 99 times out of 100 has no intention of killing ANYONE, but if you pull a gun on them and suprise them you're asking to get shot either because you scared them or just a reaction from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide
    How many people working at stores have been shot during a robbery?
    Lots, and most of them probably tried to be heros instead of handing over the money.
    Last edited by HahnB; 04-16-2005 at 02:09 PM.

It said she had worked 10 years as a security officer, so i'm assuming she knew what she was doing with her gun. Guy must have felt dumb as **** though

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Yes but if the first victim pulls a gun and shoots the robber the other 98 out of 100 won't get robbed by this POS. This whole "just giving the robber what they want so no one gets hurt" attitude has lead to a huge increase in the number of robberies all across the US. FU@K the bad guys! It's time for decent law abiding citizens to stand up for themselves.

Is it just me, or does 64 seem to be very, very young to be a great-great-grandmother?
    LaLa

Quote Originally Posted by gopher
    Yes but if the first victim pulls a gun and shoots the robber the other 98 out of 100 won't get robbed by this POS. This whole "just giving the robber what they want so no one gets hurt" attitude has lead to a huge increase in the number of robberies all across the US. FU@K the bad guys! It's time for decent law abiding citizens to stand up for themselves.
    That's what the cameras are there for, that's how most criminals are caught. All in all if your willing to risk your life for 200 dollars in a cash register that isn't even your money -I would re-think your options.

Trying to pull a gun on someone that already has one pointed at you isn't high up on list of smart things to do.

That's what the cameras are there for, that's how most criminals are caught. All in all if your willing to risk your life for 200 dollars in a cash register that isn't even your money -I would re-think your options.

Trying to pull a gun on someone that already has one pointed at you isn't high up on list of smart things to do.
    Are you willing to take the chance on whether they have it in them to kill YOU over 200 dollars? I know a guy who almost got shot over "having next" on a basketball court. People are frickin crazy.

It's no different to me than if someone came up to me at a gas station, pointed a gun at me, and said get in and drive. There's NO WAY I'm driving my car away with someone. The chances of not dying are MINIMAL. I'd do anything I could to get away, and let them weigh the options of shooting me in a semi-public place, than to die on a country road somewhere. I'd much rather at least have a shot at controlling my own destiny.

But I'd never try to pull a gun back on someone unless they made a huge mistake and left themselves very open (if I was calm enough to even think that well).

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Are you willing to take the chance on whether they have it in them to kill YOU over 200 dollars?
    It's no different to me than if someone came up to me at a gas station, pointed a gun at me, and said get in and drive. There's NO WAY I'm driving my car away with someone. The chances of not dying are MINIMAL. I'd do anything I could to get away, and let them weigh the options of shooting me in a semi-public place, than to die on a country road somewhere. I'd much rather at least have a shot at controlling my own destiny.

But I'd never try to pull a gun back on someone unless they made a huge mistake and left themselves very open (if I was calm enough to even think that well).
    A kidnapping is a lot different than a dairy mart robbery. Even if the person leaves themself open, you're still 10 times more likely to get shot trying to save the day rather than just giving him the money. We're not talking about a home invasion here.

A man walks into a store and points a sawed off shotgun at your face and tells you to open the register. I don't see any point in this scenario where it would be wise to pull out a .38 and try to get a shot off. All the people saying they would, I bet most of you would think different with a gun pointed at you.

A kidnapping is a lot different than a dairy mart robbery. Even if the person leaves themself open, you're still 10 times more likely to get shot trying to save the day rather than just giving him the money. We're not talking about a home invasion here.

A man walks into a store and points a sawed off shotgun at your face and tells you to open the register. I don't see any point in this scenario where it would be wise to pull out a .38 and try to get a shot off. All the people saying they would, I bet most of you would think different with a gun pointed at you.
    If it was a sawed-off shotgun, I'd just piss my pants, and cry inside.

5/3/1 Journal

I'd agree with you on principle, except that I see more stories down here about people who were blown away trying to rob the wrong gas station than gas stations who were robbed by armed robbers.

not if they all have kids at 15

If someone puts two shots into the wall, and I have a gun behind the counter, I'll smoke his a$$. If he's just pointing the thing at me, and very calm, then he can have whatever he wants. If he's pointing it at me, and very psycho, then I'll take the first chance I get to smoke his a$$. I'll not point one back--that's for sure.

5/3/1 Journal

I think you should just give the robber the money and shoot him in the back when he turns to leave. Problem solved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbarba
    I think you should just give the robber the money and shoot him in the back when he turns to leave. Problem solved!!!
    Excellent suggestion.

my grandma has carried a .357 in her purse before. lol
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Granny's unite

Woman beats off burglar with gnome

I went back into the kitchen and found a rolling pin in case he came down. I didn't want to break another gnome.

-- Jean Collop

LONDON, England (AP) -- A grandmother stopped an intruder from entering her home by lobbing a heavy garden gnome at him, police said Friday.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...tain.gnome.ap/

LONDON, England (AP) -- A grandmother stopped an intruder from entering her home by lobbing a heavy garden gnome at him, police said Friday.

HA HA!

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    We don't know the full circumstances.

It could be that the perp turned around to grab some Little Debbie cakes or something.

Who knows.

And maybe the woman wasn't concerned with saving her life, but only punishing the robber. Some people do have a great deal of pride and a good sense of justice.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    It could be that the perp turned around to grab some Little Debbie cakes or something.
    From bad nutrition to a .38 in the back.
    Those things will kill you everytime !!!
    Last edited by Genacide; 04-17-2005 at 10:08 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    i agree with letting him have the money, wait until he turns and shoot him. it was cool the granny popped the shot into the chest then she went to finish him and popped off 2 more shots as he was running, THEN she said she was worried that she killed him...HAHAH
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

The guy already came in and just popped two shots off into the wall, that in itself is not a typical robbery. I would have shot the guy too. I think if he would have come in with the gun and not acted like an *******, he may not have been shot.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

She's downright thuggin IMHO.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"