Thread: Poker

Wannabebig Member

Poker

Who here plays poker? I play some home games and online. Mostly just no limit hold em and occasionaly stud.

Edit: deleted what appears to be an ad
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 01-27-2005 at 02:32 PM.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    there was a poker post earlier this week, scroll through or run a search
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    I play online poker a bit... I find it fun for a period of time. I ussually go on a poker spree for a day or 2 and then cash out.
    w00t

Down with the Sickness
    You can play for free at www.holdempoker.com it is a nice set up and you can only refill twice for 1k. You can play hold em, HE nl, oMAHA, 7 CARD and omaha hi lo.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime99
    You can play for free at www.holdempoker.com it is a nice set up and you can only refill twice for 1k. You can play hold em, HE nl, oMAHA, 7 CARD and omaha hi lo.
    I havent checked out that site yet, I think you can play for free at most sites.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    www.ultimatebet.com <<--- the best. set up by Annie Duke and Phil Helmuth and company
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

can u play at those sites even if underage?....if not i think that is pretty b/s since i play like 5 and 10 dollar buy ins with my friends every once in a while...but hold em is a lotta fun...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum08
    can u play at those sites even if underage?....if not i think that is pretty b/s since i play like 5 and 10 dollar buy ins with my friends every once in a while...but hold em is a lotta fun...
    I believe Party Poker is based in India so the age laws dont apply, but you will need some way to transfer money into your account.

Banned
    any roulette games online? when i was on a cruise last month i turned my christmas money (300) into 1100 and my brother made about 400. imma go across the river to canada and play it soon, i got really hooked.

I love both online and live poker

Online: I play partypoker single-table NL hold'em tournaments or low-limit games (either $.5/1 or $1/2) and there are a LOT of "fish" on the tables. I finish in the money roughly 75% of the tournaments I've played in, and finish 1st in roughly 1 of 3 games in which I finish in the money. You can play more than 1 game at a time, I often play 2 - one with a low buy-in and one with a higher buy-in. The benefit of online gaming is that no one really knows who you are, there are so many tables to choose from, and you can see endless amounts of hands in one day and play tournaments in an hour.

Live: playin with friends (for me) is just for fun/competition. I think I'm one of the best poker players among my peers, I research and study poker strategy as well as taking into account pot odds, other people's play, and changing my own play by learning from mistakes.

Poker is great.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 62000
    Who here plays poker? I play some home games and online. Mostly just no limit hold em and occasionaly stud.

Edit: deleted what appears to be an ad
    Not an add paul, PartyPoker_Pro is a bonus code to get free money, you can get the money and then never play there again. Unfortunatly I dont know any other codes for any sites other than Party Poker, but if I find any I will post them. And if you want you can just start with play money, which is fun except people dont quit play the same with play money. Soul what kind of tournys do you play? Do you play the sng's? I dont much care for limit myself, I hate getting drawn out on.

I play for a living on pokerstars.com

Thought I would bump this as it may help me out if there are any other rounders on here or I could advise recreational players.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Been laid off since mid Jan. and haven't done much else except play online poker. Up about $12,000 right now. Unfortunately, as a means of making a living, the uncertainty of income makes it a little too dangerous for my taste. Going to have to start grinding it out 9 to 5 again and use poker as a nice supplemental income.

And I'm starting to get fat sitting on my arse all day.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli