The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Tattoo DIY?

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Tattoo DIY?

I just want 3 small letters on my inner-forearm. Does anyone know of a fairly safe, permanent way to accomplish this? Initials for a recently passed away loved one. I dont care if it has a "jailhouse" look, as it will be very small lettering and no one will see it but me. I currently only have one other tattoo (upper arm from 2 years ago) when I lived in PA.

The problem: I live in a pretty desert area now, the only tattoo shop within a 50 mile radius has a bad reputation. They have been closed down 3 times due to them not conforming with local and state laws in regards to keeping a clean environment. I will NOT be going there.

Any info appreciated

edit: Woops, meant to post this in General Chat. Not General Health. Can a mod kindly move it?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Plastik; 04-16-2005 at 04:20 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

As someone with MANY tattoos I can tell you the shop with the worst reputation in the world will do a better job than you doing it yourself. (Quality of ink, lenght of time it will last ,infection ect)

Just wait till the opportunity arises and then get it done. As you know from your other one it's there forever so there's really no rush.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for the feedback. I've never had lettering done. How long do you think 3 small initials would take. Regular font, nothing fancy

well my initial behind me neck that took 20 mins to do, so i would say mabe 1 hr
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

3 small letters? i would say like 20 min...I have been inked twice, one is a maple leaf took 30 min, and another is some rock work and it took like 1.5 hours...simple stuff especially letters is quick
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior
    3 small letters? i would say like 20 min...I have been inked twice, one is a maple leaf took 30 min, and another is some rock work and it took like 1.5 hours...simple stuff especially letters is quick
    really? wow, god knows why he took 20 mins just for one letter on me!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    ya that really is weird, mine had colour too, which also usually takes longer....were you using any intricate kind of font? If not then I would say he just took his sweet time

edit: btw any behind the neck tats are awesome, any pics?
    Last edited by Sidior; 04-16-2005 at 05:35 PM.

It's All About Committment KiwiBuilder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    Just a guess GF, but maybe the dude was just admiring the view....?
    =================================================
    Currently:: ~90.75 Kg and BFLing!
    Cutting Goal:: Abs!
    Ultimate Goals:: 100Kg at ~10% BF.
    The Road To Largeness
    Newest member of WBBB
    "Go ahead on with it Quadzilla..." - Cocoa.
    "I hope the course gets a few more beer cart girls. Hot ones with long legs and tans. Great, now I'm excited. My left forearm is never going to catch up now. Son of a bitch." - Tim Nissen.
    "Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer." - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
    =================================================

It all depends on the artist....different tattooists have different skills.

All the same, you really should go to a professional. Make sure that all the equipment has been through an autoclave (a high heat medical sterilizing device) and that the needles are NEW as well as autoclaved.

I know you say that "you are the only one that will see it". But you must remember that this is an indelible alteration-- you will wear it forever. You should be able to get it done for 100.00 or so at most reputable shops. Average that out over your lifetime, and you are paying less than pennies a day.

FYI, I have 5 LARGE tattoos....all of them were done professionally, and were well executed. Regardless, I am unhappy with one that I`ve now had for 10 years. I`m in the process of laser surgery to get it removed. Removal is time consuming, expensive (8 sessions at 400.00 a pop in my case) and painful. Be REALLY sure that you want this thing...

It it`s worth it to you to do it, do it right. Also, if it`s a memorial piece, don`t you think the person it`s memorializing would want their initials NOT to look like jailhouse ink??
    Women who look at men like chests and biceps. Women who touch men like asses. Start squatting.

"It`s not a grudge. I just don`t like you." - my friend Scott.

"Dude, yer beyond a tool. Yer the whole damn shed."
    -me

Stats:
    Female, 5'0, 127ish lbs (this is a damn lie...closer to 133.)
    Current Max Lifts:
    Deadlift- 245 x 1
    RDL - 185 x 5 x 5
    Squat - 155 x 3
    Bench - 105 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by neartaigh
    It all depends on the artist....different tattooists have different skills.

All the same, you really should go to a professional. Make sure that all the equipment has been through an autoclave (a high heat medical sterilizing device) and that the needles are NEW as well as autoclaved.

I know you say that "you are the only one that will see it". But you must remember that this is an indelible alteration-- you will wear it forever. You should be able to get it done for 100.00 or so at most reputable shops. Average that out over your lifetime, and you are paying less than pennies a day.

FYI, I have 5 LARGE tattoos....all of them were done professionally, and were well executed. Regardless, I am unhappy with one that I`ve now had for 10 years. I`m in the process of laser surgery to get it removed. Removal is time consuming, expensive (8 sessions at 400.00 a pop in my case) and painful. Be REALLY sure that you want this thing...

It it`s worth it to you to do it, do it right. Also, if it`s a memorial piece, don`t you think the person it`s memorializing would want their initials NOT to look like jailhouse ink??
    great post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neartaigh
    You should be able to get it done for 100.00 or so at most reputable shops. Average that out over your lifetime, and you are paying less than pennies a day.
    My only comment here, and it made me laugh, was that $100 averaged out at 2 cents per day, means you reckon ol Plastik has a life expectancy of just 13 and a half more years (give or take).

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I thought it was damn funny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    My only comment here, and it made me laugh, was that $100 averaged out at 2 cents per day, means you reckon ol Plastik has a life expectancy of just 13 and a half more years (give or take).

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I thought it was damn funny.
    I don't see what was funny at all. If you took "pennies" to mean the lowest plural form of penny (ie. 2) you're stretching that figure of speech ("pennies a day") pretty far to make a joke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    I don't see what was funny at all. If you took "pennies" to mean the lowest plural form of penny (ie. 2) you're stretching that figure of speech ("pennies a day") pretty far to make a joke.
    if it's MORE than 2 pennies a day, then Plastik's life expectancy is even shorter

but you already don't really seem to 'get it' so I guess explaining in more detail won't help

I guess I'll just have to stick with worrying about what _I_ think is funny rather than trying to keep _you_ amused.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks. I got it done last night. $25. Looks *a little* jailhouse like, but at least I got it done professionally. Doing the typical a&d ointment right now.

While were on the subject of tattoos, anyone have any idea where I can find filipino tattoo symbols? I would opt for the chinese symbols, but I am mostly filipino.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Plastik
    While were on the subject of tattoos, anyone have any idea where I can find filipino tattoo symbols? I would opt for the chinese symbols, but I am mostly filipino.
    Filipino has been the national language of the Philippines since 1957. It is based on Tagalog but also includes elements from the other languages of the Philippines, such as Bisaya, Ilongo, Cebuano and Ilokano, and from Spanish, English and Chinese. Since 1978 Filipino has been used as the language of instruction in schools and universities throughout the Philippines, though English is also widely used.

The Filipino alphabet has under gone a number of changes over the years. The last major one was in 1987, when the letters ch, ll and rr were removed. The version of the alphabet shown below is the 1987 one.
    If its Tagalog (and not truly Filipino) that your after then you can get that here: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/tagalog.htm)

Quote Originally Posted by Plastik
    thanks. I got it done last night. $25. Looks *a little* jailhouse like, but at least I got it done professionally. Doing the typical a&d ointment right now.

Thanks again

What are you searching? Take a look at Ali bata, the ancient script of the philippines... let me know if you need any more help
    High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.

search online...most places you can bring your own design in

Wannabebig Member
    i actually did, but was having trouble finding a site. Lots of links, but mostly dead end.
    I'll try again thanks