Thread: Of course. Summer = cut. Joy... Advice on specific calorie intake?

Wannabebig Member

Of course. Summer = cut. Joy... Advice on specific calorie intake?

As of now, my stats are roughly 6'1", 182 pounds, guessing 14% bf...
    WWBII... About a 7 out of ten on weekly timing consitancy, with 100% effort while im there.

Time to cut, summer is coming. Decently cut already... I have done many cuts before and have very good dicipline when it comes to cardio, which I am not doing much of as of now...

Diet: Decently clean. Average Day.
    - Oatmeal
    - Egg Whites
    - Chicken Breasts
    - Whole lot of fat free milk
    - Subway footlong on wheat, double meat turkey. Clean. No cheese/mayo, ever.
    - banana
    - Ground turkey/some pasta

Totalling Roughly 3k cals im assuming...

I would like to get down to sub 10% in 2 months... realistic time?

What would be my cutting calorie count? Ive seen calcluators, but cant find any as of now... Guessing 2300ish. This accompanied with cardio 3/4 times a week, would I be loosing to fast? Too much muscle loss? Upon the introduction of cardio AND cutting calories, Would this be catabolic? Im looking for Slow, Steady, FAT ONLY loss.

Anyone recommend diets that have worked to get that last bit of fat off while maintaining muscle? CKD, TKD, etc...

Thanks A bunch

Just track your weight and calories and activities in fitday.com. Each week adjust the cardio and calories.

Personally a keto diet worked great for me last time, I think it's time I did another one. I can't stop cheating at weekends. Doh!
    Age 29 | Height: 5'11 | Weight: 176 lbs (a while ago) | Weight: 180 lbs (2-Nov-05) | Weight: 181 lbs (8-Nov-05)

Wannabebig Member
    Right. I do use fitday, however, I do need a guideline to set for the split, p/c/f, and total calories. Keto is all about ketosis correct?

If you are looking for "Slow, Steady, FAT ONLY loss," just decrease your cals by 200 per week until you're losing no more than 2 pounds per week. Once you hit a sticking point, decrease by another 200 or add in more cardio.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

riprogrammazione
    The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald. Lot's of people have had awesome results with it.