The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

America's Double Standard

http://www.brooklynskyline.com/news_...p?c=ne&na=1486

"Invoking the name “Martin Luther King” and screaming “Black Power!” a gang of up to 30 black teens attacked four white girls in Marine Park in what police are saying is not a bias crime."

Let me start off by saying I don't support hate crime legislation. I think its a joke. But this article does raise some intesting questions.. Like what does a black person have to do to be charged with a hate crime?

If 30 white kids had attacked 4 black kids screaming "White Power" there would be 24/7 National News coverage, marches, riots, candle lit vigils, public outcry for more "diversity training", Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton.. the whole shebang. Did anyone hear about this incident?

I walk around my college campus and I see posters for African American club, Latin American club, Asian club.. yet any semblance of white identity or pride is frowned upon and deemed racist in our society. What up with dat?

I don't consider myself a racist, but seeing people like myself being discriminated against and victimized with nothing being done about it is planting a seed. Discuss.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

america would like us to be ashamed to be white males

Confused
    I bet someone turns this thread around saying we caused this somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    I bet someone turns this thread around saying we caused this somehow.
    This was one of the letters to the editor.

When you oppress a people - when you oppress their mother, father, uncles, aunts, grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great-grandparents and you terrorize them for years upon years - you torture them and then you break every promise made - at some point in time those people will break - and the gentle, passive next door neighbor that you are accustomed to, has now become a monster - from snipers to riots to gangs - the desire for revenge often clouds true revolution - uncontrollable emotion is the bullet that dictates life or death on the former perpetrator of deplorable crimes - but now at the hand of someone who has not been trained on how the exact method to repay the multiple debts that are owed should be acted out.

I cannot say that what was done to these four girls is right - but what about our churches that were burned - what about an entire city of black innocents that were murdered, annihilated by whites (Black Wall Street) - what about black girls that were beaten and raped - even bombed - the list of atrocities that were done against peoples of African descent can go on and on - but to this day - no reparations have been paid - barely an apology spoken - so how do we exorcize the anger burning deep inside the souls of a people?

I was standing outside my workplace in downtown DC (7th & F Streets NW) - suddenly I heard a “smack” sound. I looked around and noticed a thin white man whose glasses had just been smacked off of his face by a young black man who was now laughing and running (slowly) away.

For a brief moment, I was appalled at the act performed by the young black man - but then as I called the police and began to reach out and help the white man - I realized how cold and angry this young black man must have been to have done such a deed, in broad daylight, apparently with no thought of consequences for what he did. Racism in this country continues - blacks are still at the bottom of everything - but now we have access to weapons - to drugs - and the churches and “leadership” no longer have the power over us as a people as they have in the past - we are reckless - we no longer care - we are angry - we are hurting - we are medicated and drugged up - and we don’t know how to control the anger that feeds our sleepless nights.

Sincerely,
    Kieta Thompson
    Washington, DC

Confused
    NVM
    Last edited by Munky; 04-20-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    yup.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    We should be. We're lame, can't dance, aren't funny, and bad at basketball.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Reading Sin's post of the letter to the editor only makes me believe more firmly that personal responsibilty and accountability is completely gone.

No matter what you do, it seems like it can always be blamed on someone else. Your abusive parents, your ******* neighbor, your doctor, your distant distant white relatives (whom you might not even be related to) who decided that slavery was a good idea. My distant relatives came to America in the 1920's. The other half of my family tree is Native American. I look white, and so I am thrown into the same group as "the man". It's all about transfer of blame - for lack of motivation and lack of ability to kick yourself in the ass and do the right thing.

But it's nothing new unfortunately.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    We should be. We're lame, can't dance, aren't funny, and bad at basketball.
    can't dance? ha! Vanilla Ice!

aren't funny? ha! Sam Kinison!

bad at basketball? ha! Larry Bird!

(you got me on the can't dance one, but the others are covered)
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

In addressing the letter to the editor, if you're pissed about slavery, go crap on some pre-Civil War grave. Reparations SHOULD be paid......by the slave owners to the people who were actually victims of slavery. Too bad all these people are dead. That's the way lawsuits work. In the United States, whatever happened to your great-great grandfather does not affect your own life.

Those 4 girls aren't slave owners, I'm not a slave owner, no one on these boards are slave owners, so I'm not paying out **** to someone who was never a slave. I also am not apologizing for something I never did; to someone who was never a victim of it.

As long as this woman continues to think of blacks "her people" instead of just "Americans", there will always continue to be this crap going on.

I think the whole idea is garbage and, as was pointed out earlier, a way to blame your own failures (or laziness) on someone else.

I believe most of my problems arise from Egyptians who enslaved my Jewish ancestors. Those of you Egyptians who wish to pay reparations, please contact me directly.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    And you all wonder why I'm racist.

And I'm dead serious.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Excellent post, Shooter.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78

/pwn3d

Quote Originally Posted by -sin-

If 30 white kids had attacked 4 black kids screaming "White Power" there would be 24/7 National News coverage, marches, riots, candle lit vigils, public outcry for more "diversity training", Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton.. the whole shebang.
    So true, and so aggravating. I'm sick of seeing on the news acts of hate done against whites by minorities and never hearing "Hate crime, racist!" Nobody is responsible for your actions but yourself. You wanna get out of poverty? Take a look at Colin Powell. Instead of blaming something that happened decades ago on the white man, he behaved in school, worked hard, and showed respect to elders and authority.

If I make a comment or joke about non-whites (since I'm white), I could be fired on the spot... yet I'm sure if a so called "minority" could come up to me and call me a "cracker" and it would be treated completly differently...

In the past, did some white ppl do some horrible things? yes... absolutly... and THEY are pieces of ShiAT... but there is no way someone can convince me that everytime a minority doesn't get a job it's because of the color of their skin as they try to have us believe...

But I guess the above comments make me a racist right? because it seems anytime a white person makes a comment about race they are KKK racists...

And for the record I believe that we should round up all the KKK in a meeting hall then drop the largest bomb you guys have on the thing...

This may make a few people mad... but here goes anyway...

The people that live in America today because their ancesters were sent to the U.S. as slaves should be happy. If their ancesters didn't come here theirs childrens children would now be growing up in a 3rd world nation over run with AIDS, Poverty, and general dismay.

I didn't do anything to you and yours don't expect sh!t from me.

(think about the post before you flame it)
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by _8_Ball
    And for the record I believe that we should round up all the KKK in a meeting hall then drop the largest bomb you guys have on the thing...
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Membership in a hate group doesn't necessitate violent collusion. It only necessitates hate. They are entitled to their hate so long as they don't violate rights.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Ah, the late 80's. The pinacle of white mans' achievement, obviously.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

M. Ali at his most insiteful when he said he was glad his Dad didn't miss the boat to America. He knew where black people (now) have it good (if they're willing to work for it).

Fred Astaire.

Sam Kinison
    George Carlin, David Cross, Lewis Black, etc. etc.

We're awesome.
    Last edited by galileo; 04-20-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Organichu
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Membership in a hate group doesn't necessitate violent collusion. It only necessitates hate. They are entitled to their hate so long as they don't violate rights.
    This is true, however... when was the last time you saw a KKK member who was not violent or caused violence?

Quote Originally Posted by _8_Ball
    This is true, however... when was the last time you saw a KKK member who was not violent or caused violence?

Perhaps you have and that's why you didn't know that they were in the KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Lewis Black.
    You're telling me that someone with a name like Lewis BLACK is white????????

See. We can't even have our own names. We are so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Ah, the late 80's. The pinacle of white mans' achievement, obviously.

MacGyver was the pinnacle of White Man's achievement. He was God's perfect human.