Thread: Preparing for my first contest

Preparing for my first contest

How many cardio days per week ? The contest will be held in mid October. Im 193 Lbs in a 5'7" frame with 17 % body fat. Actually im on a 5 a week 30 mins cardio. Do you think this much cardio will stop my muscle gains ?

Banned
    Damn...You gotta drop alot of BF % to compete but ur gonna be ripped as hell...I personally dont know Ive never competed but be sure you post ur results...

No as long as you eat right, i would do a bulk until july and then do a serious cut about 10 weeks before the contest. Get your maximum size and then get the lowest BF possible.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I think it would be best for someone who has actually competed to give suggestions, but until then I will give it a shot as well...I would give more than 10 weeks to cut, if you are planning to compete and coming from 17%bf....maybe bulk till 15 weeks before comp, then start to cut. Also maybe less cardio, 3 times a week and just monitor calories more closely
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by El Kelio
    How many cardio days per week ? The contest will be held in mid October. Im 193 Lbs in a 5'7" frame with 17 % body fat. Actually im on a 5 a week 30 mins cardio. Do you think this much cardio will stop my muscle gains ?
    I'm sure some of the vet competitors on the board can help you better, but here is my plan. I hope on doing a show the last week of September. I am planning on a 12 week cut before the show. I don't plan on doing too much cardio, I plan on keeping it to a minimum, but I have a very fast metabolism. I would look back at some of the journals of the competitors on the board (BCC, Homeyield, and St. Patrick have recently competed). I don't think BCC did any cardio for his 1st show, and got under 4%. Layne Norton on bodybuilding.com also has a bunch of articles on contest prep.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase