The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuilding Year

Lookin good man nice squats, and congrats to miss short white shorts hah

The Sox are having a miracle year. I cant stand it, but congrats to your team. My only hope is to catch the Twinkies (I think we can) and win the Wild Card. That also means beating out Boston (who just swept out sorry asses). Its only mid June, we'll see how the end of August looks.
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Tuesday, June 28, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =167.5

DB Bench (70/13.5)
    This set seemed harder than previous ones. I guess I just had some balance issues and had to waste energy regaining the lost balance on a few reps. Either way, itís a half rep improvement over the last one.

DB Military (50/11)
    Ö1 rep improvement over last time

Tricep Extensions (75/13)
    Iím moving these up slowly but surely.

Bicep Curls (75/13)
    These hold even with tricep extensions for another week.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/8.5)
    For some reason, I lost a half a rep over the previous time. It may have just been fatigue.

Hammer Curls (35/14)
    These donít seem too bad, but they are really long.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some short wavy brown hair tied back and some short white shorts. She had nice proportions and decent lean body mass. She was actually doing some real exercises too.
    2. This one had some blonde hair tied back. She wore some light purple shorts. She was tall and had nice proportions.

The winner of the day will go to Miss Real Exercises. Itís nice to see someone doing stuff other than abs and the abductor machine.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. There were curls in the squat rack
    2. For some reason, country music was playing.

-------------------
    KevinStarke: Thanks
    clvmike: The media seems to already be giving the Sox the AL Central which I find funny because up until about late June they were like, "they won't keep this up". Of course I feel very good about an 11 game lead, but not saying they have the division locked up just yet. I just don't want to see the Yankees squeak in to the playoffs and then win it all. Mostly because they probably would be the favorite regardless of regular season records.
    5-9 170

July 5, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =168.5

Squats (250/6.5)
    I had 7 reps, but the last may have been slightly short of parallel, so Iíll count it as Ĺ of one.

Pull Ups (BW+5/10.5)
    Pull ups are all of a sudden progressing again after sort of stalling.

Leg Curls (105/10)
    I upped the weight on the slightly new machine.

Leg Extensions (150/12.5)
    These are always intense and I think I only did 1 set on here because I was very fatigued and felt a bit nauseous.

Row Machine (90/11)
    I guess the big question on this will be if I want really slow and smooth reps or go for more explosive pull motions and lift more weight. Iím not totally sure if either method is wrong as long as you keep your back flat. Either way, Iíll probably do the slower reps b/c the more explosive ones make some noise.

Abs (145/11)
    This new ab machine is a little different, but I think I get in good workouts off of it.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some brown hair tied back. She wore some short black shorts and was tan with nice lean body mass.
    2. This one had some light brown hair in a ponytail. She wore a camouflage shirt and wore some short gray text on the butt shorts. She had nice leanness but low lean body mass.
    3. This one had some blond hair in a ponytail. She wore some short black shorts and had nice lean body mass and leanness. She was tan and wore a spaghetti string tank top.
    4. This one had some blonde highlighted hair in a ponytail. She wore some short brown shorts and had nice lean body mass but used the abductor machine.
    5. This one had some wavy light brown hair tied back. She was short, tan and had nice lean body mass. She wore some short gray shorts and was tan.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Spaghetti string tank top. She gets a 9.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. There were curls in the squat rack.
    5-9 170

Tuesday, July 12, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =Forgot to take

DB Bench (70/14)
    This was a rather smooth set other than me wasting a bit of effort on lost balance on a few reps. I may up this to the 75s next week because Iím not so sure I like the really high reps here. 10-12 is probably a better range.

DB Military (50/11)
    I couldnít get improvement here over my last time.

Tricep Extensions (75/14)
    These seem to be going really smooth. The first 13 reps felt like nothing.

Bicep Curls (75/13.5)
    I had a bit too much momentum on the 14th rep.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/9.5)
    I made up for my lost strength of the last session by improving on the session from the time before last.

Hammer Curls (35/15)
    I would think about upping this to the 40s, but I may want to wait until 18-20 reps because that is a big jump for such low weights.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some short wavy brown hair tied back and some short blue shorts. She had nice proportions, face and decent lean body mass.
    2. This one had some dark brown straight hair in a ponytail. She had a dress code violation with some black windsuit pants. She had a very good face with decent proportions, but used the abductor machine.
    3. This one had some brown hair in a ponytail. She wore a spandex skintight tank top. She had some short navy shorts, but used the abductor machine.
    4. This one had some straight light brown hair in a ponytail. She was lean, but lacked some lean body mass. She was wearing just a sports bra, but covered up with a shirt. I was very concerned because she may need proper ventilation with how hot it gets in the gym sometimes.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Spandex Tank Top. I give her an 8.5.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. There were curls in the squat rack
    5-9 170