Thread: Uneven chest problem

Hybrid View

Uneven chest problem

As the tittle of the thread states, my chest is uneven and I need help correcting it. My left pec is larger than my right. When doing chest exersizes (normal, flat bench, incline, even dumbells) the left pec muscle always feels as if it's worked harder, and the left pec stays sore for a longer period. I know that soreness is not a measure of progress, but my left pec is larger than and is continuing to grow faster than my right pec. My benching form is correct, my back stays planted on the bench, my grip is even, and I hold the bar parallel through all reps. This is making my chest seriously asymetrical. I can see the difference when I look in the mirror, even with a shirt on. I don't want to walk around with a beast of a left pec and a flat, insignificant right pec. Could someone please help me out here.

I would say just keep liftin heavy and eating like a mofo and it should even out, post some pics.....it may not be as bad as you think
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Just keep liftin' and eating. If you're lifting with good form then the one shouldn't get even more larger than the other.

They should even out as you get bigger.

Someone asks this question almost every day. lol

Actually, it really isn't that bad. We are our own greatest critics and I just get errked when I don't feel the muscles were evenly worked. I overexaggerated when I said you can see that they're asymetrical in the mirror. I guess the fact that I can feel the difference annoys me. I'll post a pic tomorrow, it's 12:20 AM on the east coast, I need to go to sleep.
    Last edited by Whitebread; 04-20-2005 at 10:20 PM.

My first impulse was simply to search, but for some reason, my search requests returned errors or nothing at all (as in the page doesn't change, the tab just says loading for a few seconds then returns to what it said before, nothing happens). I didn't want to be redundant, but the lack or a working search forced me to.
    Last edited by Whitebread; 04-20-2005 at 10:21 PM.

No prob man.