The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    **** is real

shins holding me back (suggestions)...

i started running again about 2 weeks ago and although i'm not in the best shape for running, i still am in decent shape (yesterday ran 3 miles in 23min, about 7min40sec a mile) and i don't see why i am having problems with my shins now when i never had them before (like last year when i was running). after i run about a mile, the front of my shins start to kill. i looked up about shin splints and it seems like that's what it is but a lot of sites say that if you have shin splints they'll hurt even when you're not doing the physical activity, like when you're just walking normally, but mine don't hurt about 3 minutes after i stop running. it makes me so mad that the reason i can't run as much as i want is because of my shins, when i'm not even winded after the 3 miles (goal is 5 miles every other day around the first or second week of may, when my brother is off from school and starts running with me).
    so the question is, is there anything i can do to help not make my shins hurt so much other than continuing to run and waiting for it to go away? i was thinking of getting some of those cushion kinda things for my shoes to see if that helps...
    btw it's not the shoes, i bought new shoes the first day i started running
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i looked up about shin splints and it seems like that's what it is but a lot of sites say that if you have shin splints they'll hurt even when you're not doing the physical activity, like when you're just walking normally, but mine don't hurt about 3 minutes after i stop running.
    when i had shin splints, they didn't hurt when i wasn't doing any physical activity too.

you say you just started running; even though you weren't winded, i reckon you could have done too much distance for the legs. increases in mileage should never exceed more than 10% per week.

if the shoes are right for your feet and how you move, i don't think you should be needed the cushion things.

check out this site
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...-0-529,00.html

Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

go to a shoe store that specializes in running shoes. usually the salespeople there know all about what you need and they will have you test different shoes out before you buy. I had shin splints and did just what I mentioned and they were gone within the next week.