Thread: Barfed.. again.

Barfed.. again.

I tried consuming too much food lastnight before bed.. and after munching on a piece of chicken for 15 minutes and realising that it just wasn't going to go down.. and then seeing my milk sit there that I still had to consume, I started burning up.. and decided if I got in the cold shower quick it'd help me take my mind off throwing up.. but I did. A lot too. Did I harm anything by doing this? Hurt my muscles or anything? the last time I puked was 2 months ago before this incident. Just so hard to get a bunch of food down.

Lean and Ripped
    Not sure why you would eat to the point of getting sick? If you're eating to just eat and eat then well your body will at some point tell you that you have had to much. LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU. If it is a case of getting your caloric intake. You should relook at your diet. You shouldn't need to eat to the point were your fighting your body all the time. Yes, if you keep getting sick, it will hurt you. Not just your muscle but most important the lining of your stomach and throat.
    PAINS A GOOD THING. IT LETS YOU KNOW YOU'RE STILL ALIVE.

Wannabebig Member
    you cant go from one extreme to another. Stuffing yourself wont make you pop muscles the next day. Slow and subtle is the way to build muscle. Dont try too hard.

btw: eating like that before bed does more harm than good. I would have 8oz of milk w/whey 2-3 hours before bed. Thats it, nothing else.
    Last edited by Plastik; 04-18-2005 at 07:58 PM.

Banned
    stuffing yourself like that every day cant be bad if you want to be big. however, you might want to stop before you throw up

Quote Originally Posted by Plastik
    btw: eating like that before bed does more harm than good.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastik
    btw: eating like that before bed does more harm than good.
    This is not true. Especially if you're a young guy, eating before bed is very beneficial

And I haven't heard the word "barf" in about 10 years, haha.

I have a very fast metabolism, so I can feel your pain, but if the food starts making me sick, I just throw it out. I never get to the point where I actually puke from eating, you just undid all that hard work. Learn to stop yourself, it's not the end of the world if you can't finish a piece of chicken, or if you don't want to choke down any more nasty tuna

**** is real
    i'd say just space your calories out throughout the day instead of trying to jam them all in at once which leads to you throwing up, which isn't a very good thing. i don't think you're really damaging any muscles throwing up, i mean, you burn your esophagus with stomach acid which doesn't feel too good, and you lose calories because you're throwing them up, not digesting them, but nothing big, don't worry about it. just don't stuff yourself til you throwup anymore lol
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf

as of now, barfing after drinking is the only ab excercise that i do

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump979
    Yeah i get some serious DOMS from that shizzle too!!!! LMAO
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump979

im sorry but this is sig worthy.

*sigh*

it happened again last night, but I'll promise it'll never happen again. I gobbled down 1,000 cals worth of peanut butter and milk right before I got in the shower. and I felt fine like I didn't feel sick trying to drink and eat it. but it's like after a few minutes it settled in my stomach, it felt like my head was all overheating and I was like awe hell naw, I'm not barfing! I should've ran out of the shower then and there and layed down in my bed and try to get it to settle. anyways, I barfed all that up, and my whole box of tuna helper I ate for dinner too.

hope I didn't hurt my precious muscles. think I did? IT WON"T HAPPEN AGAIN!

are you sure there's nothing serious going on with you? any food intolerances,allergies etc....
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

a thousand calories of peanut butter.. eh, maybe eat something that is more appealing to your taste buds. I don't think that eating alot really makes you throw up unless you're allergic, or if you dont like the food you're eating.
    think about it this way, say i like sardines. I'll eat one or two, but if i ate 100 sardines i'd probably puke my ass off too.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

nah, it's just that I stuff myself to try and get in my calories.. and sometimes I don't have the chance to really get them in 'til night time. so of course that's when I really start cramming.. here's my calorie intake. I estimate on these, but I know the number I have down there is the least about I get.

7:30) 500 cals for breakfast
    12:00) 500 cals lunch at school
    4:00) 500 cals after school
    6:00) 500 cals an hour before I hit the gym
    8:30) 500 cals after I get home from the gym
    10:00-11:30) 1000-1500 cals before I go to bed. (that's when I really hit the peanut butter, pecans and milk)

Quote Originally Posted by JTyrell710
    a thousand calories of peanut butter.. eh, maybe eat something that is more appealing to your taste buds. I don't think that eating alot really makes you throw up unless you're allergic, or if you dont like the food you're eating.
    think about it this way, say i like sardines. I'll eat one or two, but if i ate 100 sardines i'd probably puke my ass off too.
    yeah, I think a lot of it is mental too. like when I was in the shower.. everything was fine, til I started thinking.. last week at this time I barfed, I'm pretty damn stuffed.. hope it doesn't happen this week. Then I started getting all over heated, and panicing. then it happened, really depressing after you barf out 2000 calories worth of food.. and feel like ****.

maybe try to split up your calorie intake during the day differently
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Den Fisher
    nah, it's just that I stuff myself to try and get in my calories.. and sometimes I don't have the chance to really get them in 'til night time. so of course that's when I really start cramming.. here's my calorie intake. I estimate on these, but I know the number I have down there is the least about I get.

7:30) 500 cals for breakfast
    12:00) 500 cals lunch at school
    4:00) 500 cals after school
    6:00) 500 cals an hour before I hit the gym
    8:30) 500 cals after I get home from the gym
    10:00-11:30) 1000-1500 cals before I go to bed. (that's when I really hit the peanut butter, pecans and milk)

why not try bumping up all the other meals to 750 cals?

1000-1500 cals of peanut butter pecans and milk? that would make me puke too. gah.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    why not try bumping up all the other meals to 750 cals?

1000-1500 cals of peanut butter pecans and milk? that would make me puke too. gah.
    I'll try that.. hell I just ate 500 cals of rice and bananas 2 hours ago.. and I still feel too full to eat another 500 before I jet outta here.

Den, no need to stuff your face until you feel sick like we said spread out the calories and you'll see how much better you'll feel

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Den Fisher
    I'll try that.. hell I just ate 500 cals of rice and bananas 2 hours ago.. and I still feel too full to eat another 500 before I jet outta here.

perhaps if you got your calories from more calorie dense food? rice is heavy and it expands.

milk is just asking for trouble. perhaps use cheese instead?

perhaps if you got your calories from more calorie dense food? rice is heavy and it expands.

milk is just asking for trouble. perhaps use cheese instead?

are you suggesting milk isnt calorie dense?

i'm suggesting milk is hard to tolerate in large quanitites no matter how Northern European your genes are.

And no, considering volume - it's not that calorie dense. it's mostly water.

16 fl oz of whole milk to get 250 cals and 8 grams of protein or 4 cubic inches of cheese for the same calories and 15 grams of protein.

granted fat and carbohydrate levels are different - but what exactly are you eating for? I'm presuming to gain, but what are your ratios?
    Last edited by Tryska; 04-26-2005 at 01:50 PM.

i'm suggesting milk is hard to tolerate in large quanitites no matter how Northern European your genes are.

And no, considering volume - it's not that calorie dense. it's mostly water.

16 fl oz of whole milk to get 250 cals and 8 grams of protein or 4 cubic inches of cheese for the same calories and 15 grams of protein.

granted fat and carbohydrate levels are different - but what exactly are you eating for? I'm presuming to gain, but what are your ratios?
    not sure what my ratios are..

my 16 fl oz milk gives me 300 calories and 18 grams of protein. not 8 :O

what kind of milk is this? i used fitday for cal counts....