The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    mmm... discipline

Analyze my super weight gain shake

Okay. I'm a skinny guy and am in the process of bulking. Like many of you I have a busy schedule. To improvise and save money I have created a diabolical wonder of a weight gain shake. I would like your input on how I could improve it. My biggest concern is the amount of olive oil and sugar, even though it is mostly monosaturated fat, and the store-bought weight gain shakes have comparable amounts of sugar.

Here are the ingredients: 3 cups oats, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, some water (I never figured that out), and usually some berries of some sort.

Here's the nutrient breakdown: roughly 2500 calories :evillaugh half of which are from fat and the rest from carbs, 123 grams of fat, 305 grams of carbs, 26 grams of fiber, and 39 grams of protein. I plan to add protein in as well; probably from eggs, as I am allergic to both soy and milk.

Unfortunatly, I have calculated (and my nutritionist agrees) that I can gain weight at a good rate at 4500 calories a day. That's why I have given life to such a monster (and I used to use a cup of olive oil!!! lol).

That's it. Input is appreciated.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dizzam, I like you already bro. I would sugest whey+milk but that sucks your allergic. Are you planning on using an egg protein powder or actual egg's. Personally I would break that down into two shakes and get a lot more protein in each one, but that's just me. I would also drop the sugar and add more fruit (banana's)

I have been using this shake about 3-5 times per day
    2 scoops whey
    1 scoop egg white powder
    2.5 cups milk
    1.25 cups oatmeal
    1 tablespoon olive oil (not added in every shake)

I prefer to keep my meals under 1200 cals, due to the bloat and digestion etc.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

mmm... discipline
    Dizzam!! lol only cool people say that.

Yeah I agree about the sugar. Fruit is a good idea, yet somehow I never considered more fruit.

And I already do drink the shake in two sittings. It makes me feel cooler than everyone else as I sit there and chug down my two liter meal with eyes all over me. lol

Thanks smalls, my man

edit: I'm not sure about the eggs. To use so many raw eggs could be stupid, but to buy an egg protein powder could be expensive. I've heard selmenella is really uncommon... what the heck, I'm a man. (I think) I'll down those suckers like candy.
    Last edited by Spartan936; 04-21-2005 at 08:53 PM.

that's wicked man. holy crap. but if i were gonna eat so many calories, i wouldn't use a drink. i'd eat whole pies and cheesecakes all day. lol.
    let us know how it goes man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan936
    Dizzam!! lol only cool people say that.

Yeah I agree about the sugar. Fruit is a good idea, yet somehow I never considered more fruit.

And I already do drink the shake in two sittings. It makes me feel cooler than everyone else as I sit there and chug down my two liter meal with eyes all over me. lol

Thanks smalls, my man

edit: I'm not sure about the eggs. To use so many raw eggs could be stupid, but to buy an egg protein powder could be expensive. I've heard selmenella is really uncommon... what the heck, I'm a man. (I think) I'll down those suckers like candy.
    I would suggest an egg powder, you can get them with no fat (I think your set with the olive oil) and there really not THAT expensive, do some searches online, there are some good threads here about inexpensive sites. But defenitly add more protein.

Have you been taking in 4500 cals lately or what? How has the bulk been thus far.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

I would drop the sugar completely. You could also think about throwing in some peanut butter if you have a blender

Spart!!! :d

mmm... discipline
    smalls: Alright, I'll do just that. I can' be cheap when it comes to protein, lol.

My bulk has gone great thus far. For three weeks on 4000 calories I gained 10 pounds (I think I was underweight big time) and my big lifts all went up twenty pounds or so. I'm just bumping it up to 4500 now because my progress hit a brick wall, and because I somehow have the same amount of bodyfat as I did when I started bulking. Being a little chubby is not something I'm worried about anyways. And besides, I have teenage metabolism
    Thanks for asking.

Thetopdog: I am going to reduce the sugar. Funny, that I used to avoid the stuff like the plague though. Probably why I never gained any weight. Thanks!

Spanky: haha pies! I do the shake for the complex carbs, the fiber, the good fats, and the protein. Not something banana cream pies have.

Dissipate: Dissipate!!!!! yay!!! Nice to see you again too, sweetie pie. mmmm... pie.