The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Bulking Diet?

Im 17, 125-130(skinny), 6ft Im guessing I should bulk 1st since im skinny. Heres my routine.

Meal#1(7am)
    2packs Oats, 1Banana, 1/2 cup NF Cottage Cheese, 4egg whites, 1cup Hoods lowcarb milk(I choose this milk b/c has more protein and alot less sugar then normal milk only 3g) Cals:512/ Fat:4g/Carb:68g/Pro:50g

Meal#2(9:30-10am)
    Apple, 4tsp of natty PB, Cals:492/Fat:33g/Carb:36g/Pro:16g

Meal#3(12, Noon, Pre-Workout)
    1pack Oats, 1Banana, 1/2 cup NFf Cottage Cheese, 2 Slices WW Bread,
    Cals:394/Fat:5g/Carb:61g/Pro:30g

Workout WBB#1(1-1:30pm untill 2-2:30pm)

Meal#4(PostWO/2-2:30pm)
    2Scoops Whey mixed w/ lowcarb milk Cals:250/Fat:3g.Carb:7g,Pro48g

Meal#5(4-4:30)
    2 Chicken Breasts, 1 WW Wrap, Cals:330/Fat:5g/Carb:17g/Pro:46g

Meal#6(6:30pm)
    1/4 cup Brown Rice, 1Chicken Breast, 1Serv of Turkey Breast, Cals:400/Fat:6g/Carb:36g/Pro:45g

Meal#7(8:30-9pm)
    1can Tuna, 2WW bread slices, Cals:290/Fat:5g/Carb:16g/Pro:49g

Meal#8(10-10:30)
    1/2 cup NF Cottage Cheese, Cals:80/Fat:0g/Carb:4g/Pro:15g

Sleep(10:30-11pm)
    Totals: Cals:2648/Fat:57g/Carb:247g/Pro:277g[21%Fat/34%Carb/45%Pro]

Good, Bad? Too much food? Do you think ill be abl to consume all this? any pointers?
    Last edited by YungLifter; 04-25-2005 at 02:52 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Trying to learn on the fly
    try it and see if you are growing with it. if you aren't gaining, then add more food

Ok thx, how much lbs should i be gaining weekly, 1-2lbs? I put in what i reguarly eat daily and it came out to 1200cals i was surprised i eat alot. but its mostly chicken breast so i guess that doesn't add up alot lol. Does the Fat/Carb/Pro ratio work out good?

I wouldn't eat tuna everyday. It goes back and forth on if tuna contains to much mercury from the tuna being deep in the ocean. But lets be honest...that does make since.

Mercury builds in your system and is never released. Cancer. horrible death.
    I'd say tuna only 2 times a week.

o ok i can just substitute that w/ chicken or turkey. My dad eats tuna alot, for all his life and hes in perfect health

Any1 else got some advice?

Quote Originally Posted by YungLifter
    Im 17, 125-130(skinny), 6ft Im guessing I should bulk 1st since im skinny. Heres my routine.

Meal#1(7am)
    2Cup Oats, 1Banana, 1/2 cup NF Cottage Cheese, 4egg whites, 1cup Hoods lowcarb milk(I choose this milk b/c has more protein and alot less sugar then normal milk only 3g) Cals:512/ Fat:4g/Carb:68g/Pro:50g

Meal#2(9:30-10am)
    Apple, 4tsp of natty PB, Cals:492/Fat:33g/Carb:36g/Pro:16g

Meal#3(12, Noon, Pre-Workout)
    1Cup Oats, 1Banana, 1/2 cup NFf Cottage Cheese, 2 Slices WW Bread,
    Cals:394/Fat:5g/Carb:61g/Pro:30g

Workout WBB#1(1-1:30pm untill 2-2:30pm)

Meal#4(PostWO/2-2:30pm)
    2Scoops Whey mixed w/ lowcarb milk Cals:250/Fat:3g.Carb:7g,Pro48g

Meal#5(4-4:30)
    2 Chicken Breasts, 1 WW Wrap, Cals:330/Fat:5g/Carb:17g/Pro:46g

Meal#6(6:30pm)
    1/4 cup Brown Rice, 1Chicken Breast, 1Serv of Turkey Breast, Cals:400/Fat:6g/Carb:36g/Pro:45g

Meal#7(8:30-9pm)
    1can Tuna, 2WW bread slices, Cals:290/Fat:5g/Carb:16g/Pro:49g

Meal#8(10-10:30)
    1/2 cup NF Cottage Cheese, Cals:80/Fat:0g/Carb:4g/Pro:15g

Sleep(10:30-11pm)
    Totals: Cals:2648/Fat:57g/Carb:247g/Pro:277g[21%Fat/34%Carb/45%Pro]

Good, Bad? Too much food? Do you think ill be abl to consume all this? any pointers?

I eat 2600 cals before lunch, unless you have a super slow metabolism I would be quite suprised if you could bulk at a decent rate with that few of calories, 3k might be a better bet for someone your height.

Only thing i would do is get some complete protein in meal 2. 1/2 c. of Cott. Cheese atleast.

Oh Ok I can add that 1/2cup I love cottage cheese and how much should I look to gain weekly or how ever often I should check , so that I know if I should add more cals or not.

Quote Originally Posted by YungLifter
    Oh Ok I can add that 1/2cup I love cottage cheese and how much should I look to gain weekly or how ever often I should check , so that I know if I should add more cals or not.

I'd look to gain about 1-2 lbs a week. You will know though when you start bulking, if you are gaining too much fat you should cut calories a bit, if you arent gaining weight fast enough you need to eat more, its not an exact science but with a little bit of experimentation you will find what works for you.

ok thx for that info im going to go out and purchase one of those electrical scales just to see exact number

aif mercury is in it as much as some say...
    mercury poisening is not fast. slow. very slow. google it. I would stay away. canned chicken seems to have more protein in it too.

I guess I can give canned chicken a try but I like tuna. I wouldn't be having it everyday.

I just Googled this mercury poisioning in fish thing and this is what I found,

Fish high in mercury are: shark, swordfish, tilefish, king mackerel, Spanish mackerel, or canned white tuna (albacore tuna); or blackfish (bowfin), largemouth bass, or jack fish

Fish low in mercury are: Flounder, Canned light tuna and other canned fish(which is the tuna i eat) and so many more, shellfish to like shrimp etc

So i guess i can keep my tuna b/c I eat light chunk tuna and they say you can have up to 5 times a week on safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cat McCane
    I wouldn't eat tuna everyday. It goes back and forth on if tuna contains to much mercury from the tuna being deep in the ocean. But lets be honest...that does make since.

First I want to apologize for having this rant..ok here we go.

Gahhhh everything is bad isnt it?
    Look I wouldn't listen too much about this whole mercury thing.
    How many deaths have there been because of eating large amounts of tuna.
    Yeah right I can just see it on the coroners report.

: time of deceased 10pm
    : cause of death: excessive tuna consumption.

Pfft advising someone to eat it only twice a week is a bit strange.
    It contains mercury, but hey eating it twice a week is OK....what complete and utter crap.Why is twice a week ok but no more? Explain please.
    Guess all of the world pros and athletes are living on borrowed time then.
    Can we all please stop harping on about the dangers of tuna.
    Right now I've gotta go because Im talking to someone on my cell phone and slowly develping a brain tumor, whilst at the same time eating loads of vegtables and fruit sprayed in pesticide giving me stomach cancer and chicken which will no doubt give me bird flu and washing it down with lots of milk thus giving me parkinsons desise.And lets not forget the street lights outside my window radiating me and giving me lukemia.

Paranoia is the biggest worry.

Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    Eat every type of protein, get big, die big. **** all the hype.
    Nuff said
    Last edited by Vitalize; 04-24-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
    George Herman "Babe" Ruth
    "You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
    Charles C. Noble
    "Aim for the top. There is plenty of room there. There are so few at the top it is almost lonely there."
    Samuel Insull
    There is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
    Muhammad Ali
    Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die.
    Machine

Banned
    eat a lot of tuna, and a lot of everything else.

well, if it contains small amounts. taking small amounts would seem to be ok right? but if it contains small amounts but you eat it daily....
    you seem to prove my point.

But cancer isn't exactly a death due to this or that, it's a build up bad ****. Seems like you should not purposely do excessive bad ****?

I wannabebig!
    i guess you better share this news with the 10000 people that eat 3+ cans of tuna a day and have been doing it for years.

LOL, dont post junk without at least having a base of what your talking about. Yes mercury has potential dangers in certain people who can't handle the levels their body's may get. Cancer is not caused by mercury, please dont tell noobs that it is. mercury builds up, but can be released over time, just like it accumulates over time. I've talked to plenty of nutritionists (who are almost all super conservative on the issue) and only one of them has ever heard of anyone actually having problems due to mercury, and it was one guy.
    If your really honestly worried about tuna, stay in your house with the humidifier and air purifier and never climb out from under the covers. It's a dangerous world out there. Thanks for the quote vitalize.

Young lifter, your calorie and content count does not match up at all. You say your getting 1 cup of oatmeal and 2 pieces of bread but only 61g of carbs in that meal, that doesnt add up. What you have listed is much more than 2600 cals bro. Just stick with a diet for a while and if your not gaining, eat more. It's that simple.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

well, if it contains small amounts. taking small amounts would seem to be ok right? but if it contains small amounts but you eat it daily....
    you seem to prove my point.
    Meaning what exactly?
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
    George Herman "Babe" Ruth
    "You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
    Charles C. Noble
    "Aim for the top. There is plenty of room there. There are so few at the top it is almost lonely there."
    Samuel Insull
    There is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
    Muhammad Ali
    Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die.
    Machine

i think your numbers are off??? is your 2 cups and 1 cup oats cooked??? meaning 1 cup and 1/2 cup raw??? 1 cup oats, a banana, 1/2 cup of cc, and 2 slices bread should be around 700 cals... not 394... and your breakfast sounds like it should be around 900-1000 cals.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thajeepster
    i think your numbers are off??? is your 2 cups and 1 cup oats cooked??? meaning 1 cup and 1/2 cup raw??? 1 cup oats, a banana, 1/2 cup of cc, and 2 slices bread should be around 700 cals... not 394... and your breakfast sounds like it should be around 900-1000 cals.
    exactly what I was thinking..

who wheat bread i have has 5net carbs and 60cals a slice, oatmeal is dry and has like 100cals per pack

Ok, well you where putting cup instead of pack. And IMO a young man should be staying the **** away from all the lowcarb alternatives you are eating. Drink milk and eat real WW bread.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    Ok, well you where putting cup instead of pack. And IMO a young man should be staying the **** away from all the lowcarb alternatives you are eating. Drink milk and eat real WW bread.

Cant agree more, young people should be eating everything and anything that is put in front of them, as I try to.