Thread: No Energy

Wannabebig Member

No Energy

I would like to start lifting soon, however I have a real lack of energy. I don't know why, because I eat 3 good sized meals per day and usually get plently of sleep. Also, kind of off topic, even though I get 7-8 hours of sleep per night, I ALWAYS am tired during the day. There is never any point where I feel wide awake. Like today, I got 8 hours of sleep, and I have been awake for a good 6 hours now and have eaten and all, but still feel very sleepy and tired. Should I get this checked out? This happens everyday and its having an effect on me starting to lift. Please help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Are you depressed at all? When did you start noticing lack of energy? I've been there and I know that feeling but what was cuasing mine may not be your case.
    Never Giving In.

Wannabebig Member
    I have never really felt depressed before. There is nothing to be depressed about! This all started many months ago, maybe sometime last summer when I noticed I felt fatique almost instantly in the hot sun.

Avengd-
    First off I would look at your diet. Try eating 5 or six times a day, and in half of the amounts you are currently eating. A lot of people get really sleepy and run down about three hours after they eat, eating 3 times a day. Eating more and smaller meals will give you more energy. Also really take a long hard look at your diet.

This is the hardest part of getting into really good shape, the diet thing. I know, trust me. If you can take a couple of weeks and figure out how many cal's a day you are eating, and you need to take everything into account, and be really accurate. Then try cutting like 200 cal's a day out of your diet, and eating more often, 5-6 times. This should really help with the energy thing.

Also when looking at your diet really try to clean it up. Most people only have a vague idea of what a good diet is, they think its eating three times a day and just getting enough to be full. This is not the case. If you can, and you have the dedication to keep it up, really clean out your diet as this will also help with energy and gains in the gym, and losses on the scale.

One finale thing, and this is going to sound weird. You might be getting to much sleep. I know if I get more then 8 hours a night I don't have the quality of sleep I need and get tired. Take a good look at how much sleep you are getting, and the quality, this might be a problem. Also; caffeine can be a sleep killer so take that into account. Note I said can be, not is.

Hope this helps, good luck with getting into training and getting into shape!!

i'm no doctor but maybe you have CFS? (CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME) just a guess though
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    I do not have time to eat 6 meals per day. Mainly because I have school from 7-3 Mon-Fri and then work 5-10 3 nights per week. And diet, well, I was on a diet from maybe November or December 2003 until May of 2004 I think. I cut back on my portion sizes and lost 60Lbs. Even to this day, all I drink mainly is water, except for milk at breakfast and lunch, and an occasional can of pop ever y week or so. Also, I do not eat a lot on junk food to begin with.

Wannabebig Member
    In respone to getfit. I am looking at the CDC's website on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it may be important to mention that I do suffer from anxiety based IBS. However, I have had that for 2.5 years and haven't had fatique all the time. But here is what the CDC's site says for CFS:

1. Have severe chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration with other known medical conditions excluded by clinical diagnosis, and
    2. Concurrently have four or more of the following symptoms: substantial impairment in short-term memory or concentration, sore throat, tender lymph nodes, muscle pain, multi-joint pain without swelling or redness, headaches of a new type, pattern or severity, unrefreshing sleep, and post-exertional malaise(defined) lasting more than 24 hours.

Well lets see. Number one suits me. And for number two; I do have trouble concentrating in school a lot of times, especially because of my fatique; I do have multi joint pain, especially in my knees; definetely unrefreshing sleep ( I go through that almost nightly); and since I have IBS with anxiety I have Malaise a lot when I am in stressful situations or anxious situations such as school. I may have this? I probaly should e-mail my doctor about this, kinda intersting. BTW thanks and here is the link for anyone who wants to see. Sorry about the lengthy posts.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/cfs/

i'm glad you checked it out good idea to get in touch with your doctor!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    Are you depressed at all? When did you start noticing lack of energy? I've been there and I know that feeling but what was cuasing mine may not be your case.
    hey dude, u take allthewhey? i just got 25 lbs for 80 bucks shipped. the chocolate is good. you know if thier other flavors are good?

I know how you feel A7F, I'm constantly tired and have no motivation throughout the day, I really do believe it's all the mercury in the tuna I consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFMAN 2
    hey dude, u take allthewhey? i just got 25 lbs for 80 bucks shipped. the chocolate is good. you know if thier other flavors are good?
    I've taken their isolate unflavored and now I am taking the concentrate unflavored. Absolutly no taste to the isolate. Slight tast to the concentrate but nothing to get sick over. I chose all the whey cause I wanted a whey protein with no added ingredients. Just whey so I don't go for taste. love their proteins though.
    Never Giving In.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengdSevenfold
    I have never really felt depressed before. There is nothing to be depressed about! This all started many months ago, maybe sometime last summer when I noticed I felt fatique almost instantly in the hot sun.
    My main issue was low blood sugar. Made me tired all the time untill I found out what was causing it. YOu may want to check if your blood sugar levels are normal.
    Never Giving In.

read up on the consumption, and proper manipulation of low-GI carbs to maintain energy througout the day...

I've got a good book called "good carbs vs bad carbs"

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

not saying you have to do this.. but the slump that I'm always in and feel un motivated. I took 1 ephedrine about 45 minutes before I went and worked out. when I was in there I felt so alive, hardly felt fatigued and was actually excited to do the sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Den Fisher
    not saying you have to do this.. but the slump that I'm always in and feel un motivated. I took 1 ephedrine about 45 minutes before I went and worked out. when I was in there I felt so alive, hardly felt fatigued and was actually excited to do the sets.
    you're 15! you should have energy of a life time unless you have some physical-health problem check up on your diet carefully

gain 50lbs-Anthony

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengdSevenfold
    I do not have time to eat 6 meals per day. Mainly because I have school from 7-3 Mon-Fri and then work 5-10 3 nights per week. And diet, well, I was on a diet from maybe November or December 2003 until May of 2004 I think. I cut back on my portion sizes and lost 60Lbs. Even to this day, all I drink mainly is water, except for milk at breakfast and lunch, and an occasional can of pop ever y week or so. Also, I do not eat a lot on junk food to begin with.
    I start school at 6 am and end at 3 pm yet I am constantly eating every 1-2 hours. Just pack your lunch. Bring peanuts, beef jerkey, lean meat sandwiches, protein bars, protein shakes. Just eat inbetween classes while you're walking from one to the next. And if your teachers let you, just eat in class.

And before you go to work, just pack some more shakes and food and stuff. I'm sure you can work it out.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 04-25-2005 at 08:10 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

working out will actually end up giving you more energy. just make sure your diet is in order. try taking a multi vitamin too. good luck.

At 15, I doubt you've eaten enough tuna to cause damage from mercury. I'm sure there are people on this board who have eaten several times what you ate. And none of us have died yet.

you might have a minor iron deficiency. Iron helps your blood cells carry oxygen through out your body, so try supplementing a little bit of iron into your diet.

ayo for yayo
    delete this account

Well lets see. Number one suits me. And for number two; I do have trouble concentrating in school a lot of times, especially because of my fatique
    damn i was like that for a while, tired all the time, not concentrating in school, failin everyhthing, no energy. i dont nkow im not as bad as i was but ive had the same problem. its possible u might just get over it and thats what i think hpapened to me. maybe try running to build up ur stamina.

Eat Low Gi