Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
I have a strange question about the GRE, my girlfriend was a little help on the question but I'm still curious. I've always planned on leaving public accounting after I made manager in the Big 4, but due to agreements with Atlanta-area schools, I never had to take the GRE for my MAC.

One option that I've left open is going back to get a PhD in economics. I probably would only leave the business world to go back to grad school if it were a top school for econ (i.e. Uni of Chicago or MIT), otherwise it wouldn't be worth the 4-5 years it would take.

The question I had was directed towards those that have taken both the SAT & the GRE.

How did your scores compare? In other words, what relation could I expect in my SAT scores from long ago in comparison with my GRE scores?

Edit: Added proper punctuation.
Actually, I've read that there is a 99% correlation between your SAT and GRE scores, though I'm not sure that is entirely accurate - I noticed a slight drop-off in my personal scores, though that is likely due to the vagaries of computer based testing (I prefer to go back and check answers, etc.)