Thread: All in one day?

Wannabebig Member

All in one day?

Ok I have been wondering if you could do like your shoulders, biceps, triceps, lats, and chest all in the same day. And then some other day do legs. Like only 3-4 excerises, 3 sets each with 5-8 reps for each muscle. Could you do this or would this lead to overtraining?
    Last edited by Honesty; 04-27-2005 at 08:58 PM.

Trying to learn on the fly
    that is quite a bit of work for one workout. if you do 3 sets of 3-4 exercises for each bodypart, you will do well over 40 sets in a single workout. personally, i have been doing a full body workout around 20 sets total, hitting all bodyparts and have found that to be taxing, but it works. more than 40 sets would be insane

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Dan, I think he meant doing several compound lifts to hit all the muscles. Or I might've been mistaken. But if my assumption was correct, yes you could do that.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 04-28-2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

I believe this is call the upper/lower split. But you may want to reconsider and lower your exercises and sets. Try it out for a few week or so.

3-4 exercises per muscle? No.

3-4 exercises total to hit everything, sure.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralDan
    that is quite a bit of work for one workout. if you do 3 sets of 3-4 exercises for each bodypart, you will do well over 40 sets in a single workout. personally, i have been doing a full body workout around 20 sets total, hitting all bodyparts and have found that to be taxing, but it works. more than 40 sets would be insane

I have to agree with the Admiral here. 40 sets in a single workout sounds pretty high if you are not on juice or have phenomenal genetics. I also do a full body workout once or twice a week doing at or around 20 sets. I used to do splits but I didn't feel like I was recovering enough in between workouts. The full body routine has been working for me for the last year or so and I have been consistently moving up in weights in all lifts.

i dont know i remember i used to do my entire workout in 1 day for a long ass time. i finally got smart and split it up and it worked much better for me