Thread: HELP! Mothers day...

The Big Wang

HELP! Mothers day...

Ok, So this is my second year in college and I have always managed to find time to spend a day with my mom on mothers day... however, this year.. I'm just too far and i work on that day as well..
    what is a good gift or somethin u guys are givin to ur mothers? I need some ideas and suggestions..
    my mom likes the simpler things and since we've been tight on money, i want an idea more economical

any idea helps.. thanks.

*goes back to studying...*
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

i always get a bouquet of flowers for my mom!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

The Big Wang
    does she really like it?
    call me selfish.. not sentimental or whatever.. but i dislike buyin flowers.. they die within a couple of days.. my gf has only gotten like 6 flowers from me in the 14 months we been goin out..
    i dunno.. i see lotta sales online and free shippin for mothers day.. maybe i'll do it.. she'll most likely enjoy it till she finds out how much i spent haha

^^Tis I.

http://www.silverjewelryclub.com

great site for good jewelry for cheap. Each item is worht like $60-70 but you only pay $5.99 for shipping. I bought a ring for my girlfriend that was worth $70 and only paid shipping. got here a couple days later and it was great. Real sterling silver, good looking gem stone and she loved it. Cheap as hell and no one is the wiser

well my mom adores flowers, she dries them out afterwards so for her they never die i guess
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I'm writing my mom a letter but giving it to her in person. I'm not great at telling people how I feel. I think it will probably be one of the best gifts I've given her, seeing as they usually suck.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Yeah.. last year I gave my mom some cake pans and muffin pans.

Too bad she's diabetic kekekekekekekekekeke.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

The Big Wang
    rofl thats messed up man ^^

hoser- omfg.. that site is crazy.. do they have offers all the time.. cause it says this offer is ending in like 10 mins!!

^^Tis I.

Grasshoppa
    I try and give my mom a different gift every year if I can. Keep the variety up. Giving the same thing is very boring. I'm sure my mom would appreciate it nonetheless, but always nice to change it up. I know my ex girlfriend would have been mad if I just got her flowers all the time =P.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

buy her a massage. or just take her to lunch and hang out, mom's dig that.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Oh yeah, and I don't know about your mom, but my mom loves gifts that show that I'm really thinking past the surface.

(for reference: my biological mother is a dirty crackwhore, and all further references on this board to just "mom" are referring to my angelic and cherubic grandmother who raised me from shortly past utero until present day )

My mom's husband- my grandpop- died back in September. She acted very "tough", but signs easily discerned that she was quite beat up. For Christmas, I got her a pair of toenail clippers, with a note included:

"I know that with daddy gone, you won't be able to resist your strong, rutting son; here- trim those nails so that next time you play footsy with me, you won't dice up my shin.

Mischievously yours,
    John"

EEEEEH, but my mom and I have an unusual relationship.. I imagine, however, that this could work on the "look for things beneath surface" level for most mothers.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Quote Originally Posted by abwowang
    rofl thats messed up man ^^

hoser- omfg.. that site is crazy.. do they have offers all the time.. cause it says this offer is ending in like 10 mins!!
    yeah they change it every 15 mins to a different piece, so if your looking for something specific you might have to wait a few mins to find what you want, but theyve got some good stuff on it, and its legit.

Banned
    OMg...when is mothers day? I missed it last year lol...my mom was pissed...which reminds me of how I forgot her bday once too...god I felt like an ass.

it's the 8th of may

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by darius19
    OMg...when is mothers day? I missed it last year lol...my mom was pissed...which reminds me of how I forgot her bday once too...god I felt like an ass.
    You're a bad child...shame on you, hehe.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

organichu: maybe she can bake with equal and splenda then :P

My mothers bday is on the 11th of May. Makes it hard to forget. Except for last year. I was working 16hr shifts and totally forgot. I didn't call her until three days after her bday, which means I also missed Mothers Day. She wouldn't even come to the phone when my dad answered. Bad timing (menopause). Man, did that take a lot of sucking up.
    Last edited by meltedtime; 05-01-2005 at 10:08 AM.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    my mom gets a card...nothing else, should be glad to get that...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -