Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Natural Hormonal Enhancement.. ?

Eh. It would be keto if you didn't do the carb up on Weds. and Sund. Plus you never enter ketosis because your fat to protein ratio would not be 1.5:1 or higher.

Originally posted by aeckhardt
    Eh. It would be keto if you didn't do the carb up on Weds. and Sund. Plus you never enter ketosis because your fat to protein ratio would not be 1.5:1 or higher.
    I haven't read NHE yet (on order also), but isn't the diet described in it a TKD?
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

bone crusher
    Originally posted by aeckhardt

also your taking in 30-60 g of carbs/day

I personally have not gotten to the part about the specific diet that Faigin reccomends. But I know that to optimize insulin every 72 hours (3 days) you eat 2 carb meals with 100g of carbs in each meal.. I am not positive but I am pretty sure.

Well see what happens.. Ill continue to read and keep posting. Great reading so far!!

Even the Anabolic diet by Di Pasquale is described as a CKD diet and it still limits carb intake to 30 grams per day.

the doc-
    I really need your help bro. I have not fully read in detail the specifics about the diet and training with NHE, but I am going to start the diet today..

He suggests doing a 7-day ~under 20g carbs per day, metabolic switch - to switch from sugar-burning to fat-burning. Should I do that? I mean immediately afterwards he goes into the NHE Bodybuilding Eating Plan and I cant decide if I should do the 7-day basically Atkin's plan or not.. help me out bro.

Also he suggests every 3rd day, then every 4th day, the last 2 meals of the day consuming 100g of carbs per meal - while minimizing fat and protein to optimize carb uptake. So every 3rd day, then every 4th day Ill be consuming my 2 carb meals, 2-4 hours apart from each other. He says that at least 70% of the carbs should be starchy carbs (i.e. - potatoes, rice, etc.)

Thats the diet aspect of it. Then postworkout he suggests whey protein with a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream along with a tablespoon of flax seed oil. I have never heard of a recommendation like that be according to him and studies this will optimize horomonal output which is exactly what were trying to do.

When it comes to training I really cant find any specifc recommendations... I am just going to do the following..
    day1- chest, delts, tris
    day2- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
    day3- quads, hamstrings, calves
    day4- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
    day5- back, traps, biceps, forearms
    day6- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)

Does this look alright to you? I dont know what he recommends about reps and sets so I am just going to go with 6-8 total sets per bodypart and reps of 6-8. Please correct everything I am doing if I am wrong it would be a BIG help.

No cardio on training days either right?

the doc-
    Also the supplements that I will be taking are..

...2 Xenadrine 3x per day, for 1 week, then the following week Ill be taking 1 Adipokinetix + 15 mg. ephedra 3x per day
    Multivitamin 2x per day
    1g Vitamin C 3x per day
    5g creatine postworkout
    5g glutamine peptides postworkout
    1 GNC Calcium Complete 3x per day

Does this look alright to you bro? Should I add anything or take anything away.. also my journal is over in the Online Journal's section so you can check it out if you have the desire.

Thanks alot for the replies bro.

I can't help you with the diet cause i haven't read the book [although i'd like to] but i can say that cardio the day before and after leg training = tuttut

although i guess it also depends how much intensity you put into leg workouts.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Thanks for the reply bro.. yeah I have considered that...

Actually if I were you I would do a 4 day split. This way you could maximize the hormonal enhancement by getting its effects after two workouts then a carb up. Plus, if you workout on the same day as the carb up, you will not have as good of a carb up becuase your muscles will not have had any time to recover and when muscles are sore it is harder for them to uptake the carbs.

bone crusher
    He suggests doing a 7-day ~under 20g carbs per day, metabolic switch - to switch from sugar-burning to fat-burning. Should I do that? I mean immediately afterwards he goes into the NHE Bodybuilding Eating Plan and I cant decide if I should do the 7-day basically Atkin's plan or not.. help me out bro.

*** I have done the "metabolic shift" a souple of times over the year... Basicly i would eat meat, eggs, and cheese-limiting carbs to less than 20/day... this gets me into ketosis and then i would work up to the carb ups...

Also he suggests every 3rd day, then every 4th day, the last 2 meals of the day consuming 100g of carbs per meal - while minimizing fat and protein to optimize carb uptake. So every 3rd day, then every 4th day Ill be consuming my 2 carb meals, 2-4 hours apart from each other. He says that at least 70% of the carbs should be starchy carbs (i.e. - potatoes, rice, etc.)

***Yea, they're pretty intense meals. I would eat sometimes 400-500 g of carbs over the latter half of a day. Also on this plan i found nuts and nut butter to be incredibly useful foods. THey are calorie dense/low carb/high fat (but low sat fat/chol.) I like to to eat as much fat as possible from non animal sources. I would also try to eat as much fish and chicken as possible, but made liberal use of olive and flax oils. I definitely was able to add some good muscle during that phase- I cant wait to starting upping cals again soon.

Thats the diet aspect of it. Then postworkout he suggests whey protein with a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream along with a tablespoon of flax seed oil. I have never heard of a recommendation like that be according to him and studies this will optimize horomonal output which is exactly what were trying to do.

When it comes to training I really cant find any specifc recommendations... I am just going to do the following..
    day1- chest, delts, tris
    day2- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
    day3- quads, hamstrings, calves
    day4- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
    day5- back, traps, biceps, forearms
    day6- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)

Does this look alright to you? I dont know what he recommends about reps and sets so I am just going to go with 6-8 total sets per bodypart and reps of 6-8. Please correct everything I am doing if I am wrong it would be a BIG help.

No cardio on training days either right?

*** well rob isn't as specific about training but he is big on adequate recovery time. OVertraining results in high cortisol levels and this means lost muscle which means we dont wanna do that. Indeed is you read those parts he does describe though that on off days some light-moderate cardio is desired. He also mentions hiit cardio but I think this is more in terms of lifting like activity (thus needing to be limited). Also , you can do cardio the same day but try and space it as far away from lifting as possible. THe best thing is for you to try and test your bodies limits. See what you recouperative abilities are. If they are high then you can make ambitous plans. I would start low and work my way up in frequency and volume. Also i think the hiit cardio is more for losing fat... Just workout with intensity and things will fall into place! Read some more on training and you'll see what i'm saying

bone crusher
    Originally posted by MonStar1023
    the doc-
    Also the supplements that I will be taking are..

...2 Xenadrine 3x per day, for 1 week, then the following week Ill be taking 1 Adipokinetix + 15 mg. ephedra 3x per day
    Multivitamin 2x per day
    1g Vitamin C 3x per day
    5g creatine postworkout
    5g glutamine peptides postworkout
    1 GNC Calcium Complete 3x per day

Does this look alright to you bro? Should I add anything or take anything away.. also my journal is over in the Online Journal's section so you can check it out if you have the desire.

Thanks alot for the replies bro.

Hey man rob says the diet operates independant of the workout plan. Thus dont worry about timing your carbups. Your muscles will be starved for glycogen and you will get an insuline rush with damn near anything starchy you can find

I use his workout shake idea instead i just eat some walnuts with a protein shake

I like to take the creatine with carbups and lots of glutamine

also the calcium is for fat loss purposes? Are you not planning on eating any dairy products?

also you need to visit www.extique.com and scroll down to the "ask rob" link

the doc-
    Yeah what a great book though I am really glad that I got it. I think I am going to be taking 5g per 100g carb meal.. do you take protein and fat in that meal too or just carbs?

Also I just did some interval training on the stationery bike this morning. Really brent my quads out pretty good though.

Don't you have this book? Just read what it says.

When you eat the carb meal you eat very little fat and very little protein. As a general rule you shouldn't eat carbs with fat anyway. And in this case, Rob wants you to limit protein becuase it will blumt the insulin response and you will not have as good of a crab up.

bone crusher

whilst massing i was taking 15 g over the carb ups with ALA
    also i dont use a fat burner (ephedra)

dont eat protein and fat on carb ups as mentioned... It will e hard to eat that many carbs but i enjoyed it very much

ALso i would eat 2- 4 lbs of pnut butter/ week whilst massing

the doc-
    Whatsup bro? Yeah I have just gotten to the part in the book where hes talking about how to change your bf% set point and become a fat-burner rather than a sugar-burner.

Also I am wondering okay heres whats going on this week for me diet wise I need your recommendation.
    Sun ~under 20g carbs
    Mon ~under 20g carbs
    Tues ~under 20g carbs
    Wed ~under 20g carbs
    Thurs ~under 20g carbs
    Fri ~under 20g carbs
    Sat ~under 20g carbs

Now I am wondering should I take in my 2 carb meals Saturday night.. 100g starchy carbs per meal then 2-3 hours later another starchy carb meal.. ?

Or should I start the regular cycle of 3 days then 2 carb meals on the 3rd day, and then 4 days of low carbs, and 2 carb meals on the 4th day?

Also you said something about taking ALA with your carb-meals. What kind of dosage would you recommend? Please reply.

bone crusher
    Originally posted by MonStar1023
    the doc-
    Whatsup bro? Yeah I have just gotten to the part in the book where hes talking about how to change your bf% set point and become a fat-burner rather than a sugar-burner.

Also I am wondering okay heres whats going on this week for me diet wise I need your recommendation.
    Sun ~under 20g carbs
    Mon ~under 20g carbs
    Tues ~under 20g carbs
    Wed ~under 20g carbs
    Thurs ~under 20g carbs
    Fri ~under 20g carbs
    Sat ~under 20g carbs

Now I am wondering should I take in my 2 carb meals Saturday night.. 100g starchy carbs per meal then 2-3 hours later another starchy carb meal.. ?

Or should I start the regular cycle of 3 days then 2 carb meals on the 3rd day, and then 4 days of low carbs, and 2 carb meals on the 4th day?

Also you said something about taking ALA with your carb-meals. What kind of dosage would you recommend? Please reply.

bone crusher
    after a week of no carbs (less than 20) then you can increase to less than 30-35 g carb/day for 2 days then do your 1st carb up
    wait 4 days then on the end of the 4th day carb up then wait 3 days and so on

carb up with at least 100 g/ meal

start eating early afternoon as it really bloats you otherwise..lol

ala-wiz advocates ~300 mg i believe

btw - doc - still looking for.....

A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Tryska-
    Whatsup? Yeah check out www.bodybuilding.com... then go to the cyberstore, click on Categories or whatever and go down to Books. Its right there.

the doc-
    I am going to do something like this I think...
    Sun ~under 20g carbs
    Mon ~under 20g carbs
    Tues ~under 20g carbs
    Wed ~under 20g carbs
    Thurs ~under 20g carbs
    Fri ~under 20g carbs
    Sat ~under 20g carbs
    Sun ~under 30-40g carbs
    Mon ~under 30-40g carbs
    Tues ~under 30-40g carbs all day until afternoon when Ill eat 2 meals spaced 2-3 hours apart, that consist of 100g of starchy carbs.. Ill be taking 300 mg. ALA per meal

That look okay bro?

I was curious what does everyone think that Rob Faigin thinks about low-carb protein bars.. like Protein Diet bars or Atkin's bars that are low in carbs..

Girlz Luv 2 Ride With Me
    i just ordered it today!

i like protein diet bars. toasted coconut rocks. i don't eat them often tho.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Tryska-
    Yeah I dont eat protein bars all that often either. I try and avoid them for the most part because theyre artificial food or whatever.. well see though. Yeah coconut is great.. tastes like Almond Joy. You know a trick that someone told me was to microwave the protein bar for like 10 seconds... heats them up and makes them really soft... haha you should try it.

HighlyFanatic-
    You wont regret it. Im 1/2way through and its a GREAT book.

Although I am just finishing up the diet section of the book now.. I must admit that it is an OUTSTANDING book...

Hopefully I am doing the diet right because I feel really fat..