Thread: Cutting/Bulking

Wannabebig Member

Cutting/Bulking

Is it possible to build muscle in a calorie deficit, or on the other hand, is it possible to lose fat while on increased calories(bulking)?

I think you can still build muscle while watching your calories (IOW, not bulking), but you won't gain very fast at all...

In order to get big you HAVE to eat, and eat, and eat... As long as you're lifting hard and sleeping good, the food will do its job and you'll gain muscle.

I think it'd be somewhat hard to LOSE fat while increasing calories but that's just me...

--Dan.

Grasshoppa
    Can you? Yes. Should you expect to? No. Genetics plays a part in this, plus it isn't the most efficient way of approaching cutting or bulking.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Most people who do this are experiencing the newbie honeymoon.

I was one of 'em, waaaay back almost 4 years ago.

It was nice while it lasted, though!

in almost 4 weeks, Ive lost 13.5lbs of fat and gained 1.5lbs of LBM going from 29 to 24% bf, but since i started out with 75lbs of fat on me Its easier then when you are much leaner than I was.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!