The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Fedor Emelianenko vs Aleksander Emelianenko grappling

This is a clip of the match between Fedor Emelianenko (21-1) vs Aleksander Emelianenko (6-1). These guys are among the top in the MMA world and this is an older clip of them facing off in a SAMBO competition. SAMBO is a Russian martial art, not a Caribbean dance, that involves a gi jacket and many joint locks, submission grappling.

Link here:
    Fedor vs Alexander - Combat Sambo final
    http://dl.infobox.ru/get/http://www....ideo/fedor.mpg

Edit: Oh yeah, those win/lose records are in MMA competition.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 05-17-2005 at 06:51 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i've always thought this sport would be a good addition to a street fight experience. Or for a smaller guy bring somebody down to their level , like myself. I think both of those guys are Master of Sport (In Russia) which is very impressive. When you coach you get level(s), like level 1 up to level 5. Level 1 to 3 is easy to get if you know your sport, but level 4 and 5 take some dedication.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

that dude in Red is cheap.. pretending to shake his hand then grappling. I'm glad the guy in blue pwned his a$$.
    Last edited by Wierz; 05-17-2005 at 02:35 PM.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

Great match, fun to watch!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Banned
    It doesnt load up for me...

Are those guys brothers?

On the subject of MMA, I watched The Smashing Machine last night...very good documentary and required viewing for any MMA fan. There's a great deleted scene on the DVD where Mark Kerr gets Bas Rutten to teach Rico Rogriguez a lesson in sparring practise.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    Are those guys brothers?

On the subject of MMA, I watched The Smashing Machine last night...very good documentary and required viewing for any MMA fan. There's a great deleted scene on the DVD where Mark Kerr gets Bas Rutten to teach Rico Rogriguez a lesson in sparring practise.
    I haven't seen the DVD. I saw it on HBO though and thought it was good. What happened in that scene with Bas an Rico?
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Rico was supposed to be dedicating 12 days of his life to help Mark train for a tournament, and it showed Mark training with Bas one morning, talking about how pissed off he was that Rico wasn't there when he got up (meanwhile cutting to shots of Rico out partying in a bar). So Mark tells Bas "I want you to beat the crap out of my friend". Rico turns up later for training and Bas spars with him. Bas gives him a tough time and eventually punches him hard in the face which sends Rico to the canvas.

It seemed like Rico was supposed to feature much more in the film, but they cut a lot of his scenes out...I wonder if they fell out at some point.
    Last edited by aidano; 05-17-2005 at 04:10 PM.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Heh, well it was a combination of Rico walking into a stick left and a hard punch from Bas. Slow it down and you can see Bas' really shocked expression.
    There's a pic somewhere online

Quote Originally Posted by Wierz
    that dude in Red is cheap.. pretending to shake his hand then grappling. I'm glad the guy in blue pwned his a$$.
    Did you catch the fact that I mentioned they are brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by darius19
    It doesnt load up for me...
    Right Click-> Save-As

Wannabebig New Member
    Those are some bas a$$ brothers . Fedor is a great fighter , probably the best right now . But I love to watch alexander , because he looks like a chump but is tough as hell .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .