The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    you can never be too big...

remember that! Ronnie tells himself that everyday.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Yeah, 85's are ridiculous.

Guido, that's a big drop from seated to standing. I find standing more difficult, but only by five pounds or so. Then again, I'm def. not pushing anything close to 90's.
    That's only because I have much more difficulty getting the DB's to the starting position while standing. It's extremely tough trying to get 90lbs DB's up to your shoulders when you're doing it with only one hand!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

A literal fireplug on a stick.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Gman- yeah 193 is kinda crazy but im 194 now thank you it does feel good to get compliments from time to time huh

MM- yeah on DB they are very close with a slight and i mean 1-2 rep slight edge going to flat.. but its cause i dont like flat db but i LOVE db incline

3T- thanks mate.. yeah im looking forward to pics as well dont know when but hopefully soon

jake- get to 293 and tell me that j/k bro i know i fight it everyday man i wanna look jacked but i know i gotta go through a serious bulk to get to where i wanna be..

soba- what you calling me some kind weird firefly ?!?!? j/k bro appreciate the support..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

back 8/13/2005

t-bar row
    90x12
    135x10
    180x10
    225x4 >> 180x10 225 felt a little off so i dropped set

lat pull
    135x8
    150x8
    165x8
    180x8

hs shrugs
    3ppsx8 >> 2ppsx10
    3ppsx8 >> 2ppsx12

thoughts
    ok well i am gonna pat myself on the back. first time in a longg time i didnt let my social life come between a w/o.. i was supposed to w/o right after work whihc was 9pm tonight but a friend called and said lets go watch 4 brothers when you get off.. i said ok and was like damn i guess ill do my back w/o tomorrow.. well when i got home i said F it im gonna go do what i was in the first place and i did.. not a bad w/o kinda light and very short less than 30 mins again so very little rest which made for an intense w/o.. now i gotta go to bed cause i got work in the morning

oh yeah anyone who is thinking about seeing the movie 4 brothers.. GO it is a good movie IMO very funny whihc i wasnt expecting and had good drama and a lot of gun fights..
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

i agree mase sometimes we got to enjoy a little huh?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

GF- oh yeah. i know ive missed out on a lot of fun trips with the boys, cause i was too worried about losing a training session..

thoughts
    whoa i am so bloated today i just drank almost 2 gallons of water since ive been here at work (5 hours) and man i feel prego.. oh yeah my lat DOMs are the sh*t i love T-bar rows.......
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153
    a lot of gun fights..
    outnumber

Gun fights...sweet.

Great looking back workout, real heavy tbars.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Congrats for taking on that training session. Wow you're dedicated. I hardly ever turn down social gatherings so that I don't miss my session. I would probably just miss it or do a cheaper version of it.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Nice looking Tbars Mase. 5 plates is just sick for four reps.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Nice looking Tbars Mase. 5 plates is just sick for four reps.
    no doubt...that Mase is leapfroggin to newer levels!!

CP- thanks CP coming from you thats a big compliment

fix- yeah bro im not taht seriosu no more but ill tell you one thing when i was that serious my strength in bench and squat were sick.. now im more balanced at least i think so

MM- thanks MM it felt like a ton today.. but last time i did it i got 6 reps and that was after 5 sets of rows...

CoKe- tahts right i am maybe to a level near you
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Dang...T-Bars are awesome. I tried them for the first time recently and REALLY felt it in my lats the next couple of days. I may try to incorporate them and alternate them with BB Rows. Don't think I'm up to 5pps, yet, though.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Good Back session,great Tbar rowing too! IS that a chest supported number or no??
    Yeah man agreed you have to indulge and get a little entertainment when you can!

Sup masey. Hope yo ass in hanging in there.

I'm pissed as I'm having a car issue. I installed some aftermarket brake pads a while back, and ever since my car has been making a clunking noise every time I stop. I had it check out since my friend and I couldn't figure out the problem, and they said that it was the pads moving within the calipers whenever stopping or turning slowly. So...I spent $291 on an alignment and 4 new brake pads. Went to install them last night and eneded up breaking one of the caliper bolts trying to get it off. The head of the bolt broke off flush with the caliper pin. Anyways, gonna have to either get a new caliper pin, or drill out the rest of the old bolt, use my tap and die set to rethread it, and get the right size bolt. Ughhhhh...

Sorry man. Had to vent and you're the only other fellow car guy I know of in here
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

awesome workout man. 180x10 for tbars is beyond belief.

What are your goals?
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Nice rowing man

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Where for art though masey?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Gman- thanks Gman i gotta tell ya my back w/o changed the day T-bars came into my life.. i love them

wikked- nah bro i use that one too but i only had time for a short w/o.. with the chest supported i think i top out at 4plates its very very heavy..

Gman- dude taht sucks soooo bad.. but not the first time ive heard of that on suby's.. was your caliper stock? how you gonna deal with it?

john- thanks mang. 180x10 feels good and strong and believe me i do no cheating and i got the DOMS to prove it about my goals. i want to weigh in at 210 by end of oct beginning of november. than do a slow cut till i find out what show i wanna do next year. yes i wanna compete even if only once or twice just for fun.. but i do like winning

stacky- its easy being cheesy huh

cripp- im here bro just really busy at work lately so barely anytime to post.. but i have been reading through journals and i will get to them today during my lunch hour..

thoughts
    been very very busy as of late. also got another xbox and halo2 again and its taking up a bit of time not too much but kinda.. w/os have been blah at best heres some highlights. went heavy last couple w/os. db shoulder press 75x6,80x6,85x4,90x4 PR but felt too sloppy for my taste.. no help at all and was a beee I itch getting them up and going.. bench press 205x6,225x6,245x4,265x2x2x0.. and nothign else worth mentioning.. i think im doing legs tonight might go heavy on squat but my backs been at it again so ill warm up first and take it one step at a time..
    Last edited by lilmase1153; 08-18-2005 at 03:41 PM.
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153
    back 8/13/2005

t-bar row
    90x12
    135x10
    180x10
    225x4 >> 180x10 225 felt a little off so i dropped set

Damn, boy. You're gonna catch up to me on t-bars long before I catch up to you on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    Damn, boy. You're gonna catch up to me on t-bars long before I catch up to you on bench.
    i doubt it man.. catch me on bench i bet you already got me.. im not what i used to be on teh bench.. but im not going for strength no more just size..

oh and yes you better watch your rearview mirror cause im coming up on T-bars
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

NICE db shoulder press Mase. You're basically doing for shoulders what I'm doing for chest, sloppy or no.

I want a video game but I'm worried about exactly what you're taking about...
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Don't be getting carried away and think you will pass me up, lol - ...j/k bro, you may very well do just that.
    Last edited by Coke; 08-19-2005 at 05:03 AM.

Great work Mase, T-bars were awesome. I can't imagine loading 5 plates on one of those.

And G-man, I'm a bit of a car person too.

MM- i know what you mean bro video games sure can take away from time from the gym.. and thanks a lot for the compliment bro its really keeps me going

Coke- haha not anytime soon bro. your a beast and you know it. one day though

3T-you can do it bro it just takes time..

ok i had 2 w/os yesterday one with LittleJake and the second where i trained my buddy can couldnt resist training back..

chest

flat bb bench
    135x20
    135x20
    185x10
    205x8
    225x8
    245x3+5
    225x6+2

incline db press
    70x8
    75x8
    70x8
    75x10

db incline flyes
    40x8
    40x8
    40x8
    40x8

cable flyes
    110x10
    110x10
    110x10

second w/o

back

bb bo rows
    135x10
    185x10
    205x8
    205x8

V-bar pulldown
    135x8
    150x8
    165x8
    180x8

cable rows
    150x8
    180x8
    180x8

thoughtsalrighgt kinda of a bleh w/os nothing spectacular but had a real good chest pump and lat pump so its ok in my book. ok w/o number 1 with jake was crazy.. let me say hes looking freakin huge. even bigger than the last time i saw him, and strong as ever. i watched him hit 385x4+1 and the only reason i helped him out early was that if tha bar went down to his chest theres no way i could have helped him pull it back up. its just too much weight.. alright so im tired and a bit hung over from lastnight but i deserved to go drinking after my 2 w/os in one day. got hit on by a couple chicks grabbing my arms saying sh1t like wow your really big blah blah. I wasnt in the mood to talk to any drunken sluts so i excused myself and sat somewhere else. ok well today im gonna rest a bit than hit up some more bars tonight with a friend from cali...
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs