The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Some anatomical studies after 2nd year University

Here are some studies made from life, me as a model. My technique changed this year quite distincley, i think for the better. Once i get my hands on a camera i'll post some paintings i've done about 4 by 4 feet. Project for the summer is a painting close to life size of a descent from the cross with help of little cartoon characters, combining the style of jesus as rubens while the cartoon characters will have a graphic/stylized sensibility
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Very nice... but what the **** happened to the second toe on your right foot???

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Very nice... but what the **** happened to the second toe on your right foot???
    I thought that too, then I saw it was just that gap between his toes. If you count there are 5 toes there.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

lol, the second toe is fine, i drew the foot while it was resting on a ledge so the second toe is flexing a lot.

WOW!!!..., wish I could draw like that. So good!! What medium will you be using for the painting? What do you think about abstract art? Im into realisim...it stuns me what you guys can do.
    Last edited by copper_handshak; 05-10-2005 at 08:08 PM.

Banned
    Nice drawings. I'm not sure if you want constructive criticism or not, but if you want to make them more realistic you have to smooth out a lot of your lines. If you don't understand what I mean look at the bottom edge of the center foot. It looks like your foot is extremely bumpy and that effect is carried out through most of your drawings. Just my 2 cents.

One of my teacher said somethign like this to me "anybody can learn how to draw, but not everybody can draw from the inside out" The trick is not outlining, but drawing from inside out. My drawings look like outlines but i develop them from inside out, after some anitomical studies of bones and so on it makes the a huge difference. All the old masters may have outlined but they also knew anatomy, so they drew from inside out rather than outside in like a lot of high school students and some professional artists.

The painting i'm doing is goint to be done with oils with acrylics as the base colour to warm up the oil.

as for abstract art, which is a complicated question. Original obstract emerged out of resistance/rebellion of photographs. So that subject has been protrayed for many years and so i think obstract and its origional point os no longer relivant, if that makes sence. Now there are a few artists who are rebilling against computer generated images. Some use photoshop filters over paintings/prints/photos and than painting them. Some just load up an image and stylize it with photshop than print, thye print it out without the use of a physical "paint brush"

I dont have a thesis yet, but have been contemplating two ideas. One about the human body and its movement, the other is aobut art evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    Nice drawings. I'm not sure if you want constructive criticism or not, but if you want to make them more realistic you have to smooth out a lot of your lines. If you don't understand what I mean look at the bottom edge of the center foot. It looks like your foot is extremely bumpy and that effect is carried out through most of your drawings. Just my 2 cents.
    yeah i know what you mean, that used to be my style back in the day, have everything smooth and so on. Than i realized with the foot is not smooth, there are a lot of bumps, the lines that i used are a representation for the skin tension and direction over the muscles,bones etc. I belieave it adds to the character of the object drawn.

That was very interesting, thank you!