The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Matt04

Sternum problem.

i was playing rugby on saturday and i tackled this guy and i was at the bottom of the ruck on my side. and the guy who i tackled was on top of me and he weighted about 220lb and heaps of other guys piled on to try and protect the ball.

this was crushing my sternum and i could feel it pushing my shoulders together and when i got up i had a great pain in my sternum. i kept playing cause there was only like 5 mins to half time but the pain didnt go away.

3 days later when i push my sternum it hurts, could i of cracked it? i am going to see a doctor today to see what he says, but was wondering if any of you guys and gals have had a problem similar to this and what did u do to recover?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

hah no, not likely. if you cracked your sternum you would have been in some real pain. ive felt my sternum pop when stretching before and its kind of painful. i bet the pain goes away in a few days

Yeah playuing lacrosse Ive hurt my sternum as well, chances of you cracking it are very slim.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Be careful with it and it should heal fairly quickly.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Matt04
    yeah doctor said i brused the tissue around it or something, he said i can just do normal stuff and it will go away eventually

Good man, glad to hear its nothign serious.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    ditto.
    Mine finally quit hurting me.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Matt04
    thanks guys, yeah its starting to calm down now.

so now off to the gym to see if i can train normally.

good luck.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011