Thread: Not gaining weight, so Making big changes!

Not gaining weight, so Making big changes!

OK, the beauty of taking a week off is that I get to think a lot about what I"m getting out of weight lifting. And than to plan how I'm going to take the next phase of the weight lifting, usually with a new rebuilt enthusiasm.

My goal is to gain mass.. and weight, as when I started I was 5"10 at 130 pounds (nov 04). Now I'm about 150 pounds. The thing is I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple months now! I've gotten much stronger though but not gained any weight.
    Because I've not gained any weight I noticed it is starting to take its toll on me PSYCHOLOGICALLY! I Just realized that now.. I am actually starting to feel small to myself, as small as when I was 130 pounds! The crazy thing is a couple months ago I didn't feel small, felt prett big.. but not now. I know if I gain weight to 160 pounds I will have that confidence boost again, and feel large etc.
    SO I decided for the next phase of my working out I'm going to eat.. and eat and eat, than eat some more, than eat, than eat again.. I don't really care anymore. I'm going to drink tons of milk, protein powder, I"m also going to eat meat/fish/pork at least 3 times every day (I've been eating it 2 times a day). I don't care how unhealthy milk, pork, peanut butter, fish is.. I'm going to eat it, than eat some more of it.
    I plan on doing this until I'm at least 155 pounds.. My short goal is 160 pounds by end of July. I have no excuse not to be able to get my diet in order, I don't work and have so much free time.

hey I feel fer ya I've been at about 141-143 for a long time! You'll gain now. Just have to make yourself eat more.
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattanshrager
    yo, i mean its cool having big goals and all, and this might not be your biggest interest but ill say it anyway---- ITS ALMOST BEACH SEASON BRO!
    All the more reason he wouldn't want to be 5'10 150lbs.

Keep yourself motivated and you'll get to 160 faster than you think.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Keep track of your calories so you know exactly what you need to eat to maintain, gain, or lose weight. It will make things easier down the road.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    :withstupi

Eat boy. Just make sure you eat the right things.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.