2x Rear Delt Cable Flyes
    3x Hammer Curl

Day 3
    4x Leg Press
    4x Calf Raise
    3x Leg Extension

OFF

OFF

Does that say over-training all over it???
    My Transformation
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=50238

Banned
    This is a bad workout. You are to high in volume here. Your splits are all wrong and the approach is ill informed and ineffective.

The leg extensions will cause you to develop arthiritis in your knee. The flyes are a bad chest exercise. You have no break for your muscle to recuperate. Who showed you this awful routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tucker
    The leg extensions will cause you to develop arthiritis in your knee.
    Riiiiiight...
    The flyes are a bad chest exercise.
    Since when are flyes a bad chest exercise?

This is a bad workout. You are to high in volume here. Your splits are all wrong and the approach is ill informed and ineffective.

The leg extensions will cause you to develop arthiritis in your knee. The flyes are a bad chest exercise. You have no break for your muscle to recuperate. Who showed you this awful routine?
    i don't get it! you've been quoted on your posts before but never come up with a valid answer! please explain!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by brewski053
    Does that say over-training all over it???
    No. It depends on conditions of nutrition and rest.

You could cycle heavy weight/low reps for one of the three day cycles and lighter weight/higher reps on the other if you want.

I would switch the push and pull days; squats the day after deads is not a fun thing.

Ignore Chris Tucker.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Deadlifts work the same muscle groups as squats. Whoever told you they are primarily an upper back exercise is misinformed.

I do agree that you are doing too high volume. You don't need to do BB bench, db incline, and machine flyes all for your chest. Pick one of those (I would recommend incline DB bench so that you can work your chest and shoulders).

If you're going to do rear delt flyes, then get rid of DB lat raises on day 1. Hell, get rid of it, anyway.

Then the next time through you have cable lat raises on your push day before you do your pull exercises. Seems a little crazy to me. Remove that.

Maybe throw in Straight leg deadlifts on day 3 the second time around.

I was playing with your routine to try and offer suggestions and I noticed it is remarkably similiar to a routine I created with the help of aka23 back in May of 2004. He followed a similiar routine and made amazing gains. This routine works VERY well. All my lifts were at their peak and I was making gains on a weekly basis with this routine until I was injured. Here is the routine. I can't use it because my shoulder is still messed up but I hope to some day go back to it.

Pull Day A - Emphasis Back
    Chinups - 2 worksets
    Strict Barbell Rows - 2 worksets
    Hammer Curls - 2 worksets
    Seated Rear Lateral Raises - 1 warmup set, 2 worksets
    Dumbell Shrugs - 3 worksets
    LOW/MODERATE INTENSITY CARDIO

Leg Day A - Emphasis Quads
    Squats - 2 warmup sets, 3 worksets
    Leg Extensions - 1 warmup, 2 worksets
    SLDL - warmup set, 3 worksets
    One Legged Calf Raise - 2 worksets
    Ab Machine(Ab Resister) - 2 worksets
    Ab Wheel - 2 worksets

Push Day A - Emphasis Bench Press
    Bench Press - 1 warmup set, 3 worksets
    Dumbell Bench Press - 1 warmup set, 2 worksets
    Arnold Press - warmup set, 2 worksets
    Bench Dips - 2 worksets
    One-Armed Overhead Tricep Extension - 2 worksets

Pull Day B - Emphasis Lats
    Pullups - 2 worksets
    Dumbell Rows - 2 worksets
    Uni-Lateral Dumbell Pullovers - 2 warmup sets, 2 worksets
    Incline Dumbell Curls - 2 worksets
    One Armed Lateral Raises - 2 worksets

Leg Day B - Emphasis Glutes
    ATF Squats - 2 warmup sets, 3 worksets
    Barbell Lunges - 2 warmup sets, 4 worksets
    Lying Leg Curls - 1 warmup set, 2 worksets
    One Legged Calf Raise - 2 worksets
    Situps with db in hand - 2 worksets
    Twisting Crunches - 2 worksets
    Vertical Leg Raises - Dropsets

Push Day B - Emphasis Incline
    Dumbell Incline Press - 2 Warmup Sets, 3 Worksets
    Partial ROM Flys - 2 Worksets
    Seated Dumbell Shoulder Press - 1 Warmup Set, 2 worksets
    One Arm Strict Dumbell Front Raises - 1 workset seated, 1 workset standing
    Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions - 1 warmup set, 3 worksets
    HIGH INTENSITY CARDIO

And this is the routine.
    1. Pull A
    2. Legs A
    3. Push A
    4. HIIT
    5. Pull B
    6. Legs B
    7. Push B
    8. Rest or Active Recovery Low Intensity Cardio

I work out at home so I couldn't use aka's routine so he helped me create this one. The workouts are very short. Make sure you take something post workout and you will be able to recover very well and move up on the poundages. If you can, split up the cardio and workout sessions. For example do the workout in the AM and the cardio in the PM. If not it's ok also. I was cutting at the time and still made gains with this.

If your really interested you can look in the journals section to find aka's exact routine, it is much harsher on the body though because he did alot more cardio than this one calls for.

Edit - You can also make HIIT day a rest day if you like so it isn't too much at first. Again the workouts are short and heavy. It works well, have fun
    Last edited by Dedicated; 05-21-2005 at 10:01 AM.

I was just reading this BB 101 book that I had found under my bed. It was published in 99 or 01. I was just looking through some diff routine splits and thought Id throw somthing together to see what you guys thought...

I got this good full-body routine from my physical therapist ill prolly be trying that enxt if anything
    My Transformation

Quote Originally Posted by brewski053
    I was just reading this BB 101 book that I had found under my bed. It was published in 99 or 01. I was just looking through some diff routine splits and thought Id throw somthing together to see what you guys thought...

I got this good full-body routine from my physical therapist ill prolly be trying that enxt if anything
    I don't care too much what the physical therapist has to say. My next door neighbor has a personal physical therapist that goes to help them workout every day. Up until he went to Duke and started learning about fitness, his routine was awful and it was no surprise I was gaining much faster than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    I don't care too much what the physical therapist has to say. My next door neighbor has a personal physical therapist that goes to help them workout every day. Up until he went to Duke and started learning about fitness, his routine was awful and it was no surprise I was gaining much faster than him.
    Well its the dude I went to for rehab on my neck. He has backround in power lifting as well as training other bodybuilders.
    My Transformation

Anyone that is suggesting you perform deadlifts the day before squats is just misinformed... Go look at what Phil Harrington or Latman or some of the other guys that At Large sponsors do. Nobody trains deadlifts and squats on 2 consecutive days without doing some very odd kind of loading routine (which you're not doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    Anyone that is suggesting you perform deadlifts the day before squats is just misinformed... Go look at what Phil Harrington or Latman or some of the other guys that At Large sponsors do. Nobody trains deadlifts and squats on 2 consecutive days without doing some very odd kind of loading routine (which you're not doing).
    That was the routine given to me. It was somthing I found in a book.

Stop trying to act like you know more then anyone. Lemmy jump on the At Large band wagon.
    It simply said chest, back, legs ect. I was bored and just filled in some compound exercises that work those muscle groups.
    Last edited by brewski053; 05-25-2005 at 04:16 PM.
    My Transformation