Thread: question for anyone with this experience

question for anyone with this experience

when bulking, after a while there is no more weight gain (assuming caloric surplus is held constant). Basically i'm talking about the plateau. I was wondering if you maintained that plateau for let's say a month (same training, same caloric intake), would you stay the same weight, but lean out a bit. I'm assuming there's some sort of equilibrium between fat and muscle mass.
    Anyway, this question is mainly directed at anyone who intentionally or unintentionally didn't add calories once reaching a plateau.
    Thanks

Banned
    Yes, it's the same here.

heres how i view it, if your caloric intake is constant its like keeping water at constant 72 degrees. can it vaporize? NO, but some molecules will, by random bumps, be accelerated so fast that they can actually break free of the water and become gas (this is what triggers evaporation) now, so long as you maintain the temperature, the water will slowly leave. the point is, protein is NOT the first thing your body draws as a nutrient, so if you ate a set number of cals, sometimes youd eat too much and gain SLIGHT amounts of muscle, then you would lose primarily fat later to make up for it. so yes, you would lean out, but much like evaporation it would be slow (and unlike evaporation, the process would slow down and pretty much stop when you reached a certain level of leanness)

Mainteance cals + working out = slow transiton to more muscle and less fat yes.

thanks for the responses