The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How much protein on non workout days?

I'm trying to mass gain. So my question is, do I need less protein on my non-workout days? LIke the day after I workout and do nothing?

Reason is, is becuase if I don't need all the protein than I can save a little bit of money.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

less? no!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

If you're trying to gain mass, EAT! Your body is repairing its muscles during your rest days too. Give it some protein to do it with.

Grasshoppa
    Just because you aren't lifting doesn't mean your body doesn't need the protein. Your muscles are still repairing on your rest days too, you know.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Yea, by all means, eat protein every few hours to remain in a positive nitrogen balance if you wish to be in an anabolic state

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Just because you aren't lifting doesn't mean your body doesn't need the protein. Your muscles are still repairing on your rest days too, you know.
    :withstupi

Keep your protien intake the same. The only thing you might want to fluctuate between training and non training days is carbs, but then again if your bulking you probably shouldn't do that either.

A friend told me you piss out protein every 3 hours...it sounded kind of fishy to me. Has anyone heard this or is it the BS i think it is?

It is most certainly BS. Do a search, it's been discussed many times. Kill your friend.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Sure you piss out protein on occasion...but just the crap your body didn't use...and you piss out everything else your body didn't use as well. That's kind of how pissing works. So piss away!...just not in the wind.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    Sure you piss out protein on occasion...but just the crap your body didn't use...and you piss out everything else your body didn't use as well. That's kind of how pissing works. So piss away!...just not in the wind.

Please explain to me how protein passes through the kidneys, or how the body would waste so much of the nutrients you take in. Do so in a scientifically corect way, not just spouting off your personal opinion. You are beyond mistaken.
    If you are pissing away protein, your body is not functioning correctly.

--Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    30th U.S. President

I didn't say that you piss away an insane amount of protein. I didn't word that correctly. I just mean that you naturally piss away whatever your body doesn't use. And I was trying to be facetious, but I failed. If you have too much protein in your urine, then obviously you should seek medical attention. I just meant a very small amount gets filtered through the kidneys. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    I didn't say that you piss away an insane amount of protein. I didn't word that correctly. I just mean that you naturally piss away whatever your body doesn't use. And I was trying to be facetious, but I failed. If you have too much protein in your urine, then obviously you should seek medical attention. I just meant a very small amount gets filtered through the kidneys. Calm down.

I am, as always, calm. Your still wording your statements poorly. Saying you piss away what you dont use may make people think if you get excess nutrients your body wont use them and pisses them away. Which is wrong. The body is very efficienct and does not waste what you give it. If your kidneys are functioning properly NO protein is being filtered through them.

--Abraham Lincoln

30th U.S. President

Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    I am, as always, calm. Your still wording your statements poorly. Saying you piss away what you dont use may make people think if you get excess nutrients your body wont use them and pisses them away. Which is wrong. The body is very efficienct and does not waste what you give it. If your kidneys are functioning properly NO protein is being filtered through them.
    Ahhh!! Ya know...you're right. If any protein gets into the urine, something is wrong with your kidneys. The kidneys filter your blood, but leave the protein. <----- for myself.

Yeah...sorry for the wording.

No problem, glad we got it cleared up. Also thanks for not taking my statements too harshly.

--Abraham Lincoln

30th U.S. President

Also thanks for not taking my statements too harshly.
    No problem.

Banned
    only thing i do on non lifting days is take the post workout drink out of my plan

Grasshoppa
    Then replace it with whole food.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park