Thread: Bulking / Cutting Q's

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Bulking / Cutting Q's

Hey guys , i just turned 16, i've been working out for about 7 months now , and have gotten some tremendous gains. iv'e lost 19 lbs, brought my max bench up 100 pounds ( now at 220 ) , brought my bi's up 2.5" 's , tri's have grown alot and so on.

im usually about 170 ( varies day to day lol ). Im just starting to peak in my bi's, traps and such, im thinking this would be a great time for me to bulk then cut. The only thing is im concerend about cutting. During my cutting phase, i plan to be jogging everyday for at least an hour or two.

Would it hurt me to be training for big lifts and cut at the same time ? or should you just stop your bulking workout, cut, then restart. Im new to the whole cutting / bulking thing. Can you give a noob some advise. Any critques appeciated. Thanks, MIke

First of all why do you plan to jog for so long?

addressing the original question: yes mike, at least around here, there is a bulk phase and a cut phase. separated. and on your cut phase it would be a good idea to do less cardio than what you suggest. in fact, i personally (many will disagree with me here) do not do any cardio on a cut, i simply manipulate my diet. cardio will slowly eat away at your muscle if you dont take in enough protein (something that often happens on a cut if you aren't careful). you should also look into HIIT.
    delete this account

Wannabebig Member
    That is a lot of jogging maybe look into some HIIT. I'm not experienced enough with cutting and bulking to advise you on that but im pretty sure going for big lifts is not going to work to well on a cut, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable on that will chime in here pretty soon.

Cutting, like bulking, is diet.

Some need to do SOME cardio during a cut, but not that much. I'm doing 20 minutes of fast walking empty in the AM most mornings, and 15 minutes of fast incline walking after lifting, and that's it.

The amount of jogging you are doing will catabolize your legs. I urge you to reconsider your strategy.

Bulking = An excuse to become a fat **** for the sake of believing your putting on muscle to others and yourself (and you probably are at a ratio of 50/50 ratio of muscle to fat - wow thats awsome!)

Cutting: 3-5 months wasted muscle building time (trust me you'll be building very little muscle mass during this) in the quest of turning yourself back from a fat slob you turned yourself into someone presentable.

Courtesy of Dante
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Wannabebig Member
    Hey man i just lost 15 lbs in 2 months cutting from dieting and doing HIT 4 times a week and the HIT only takes 20-25 Min a session that would be your best bet. If you have questions on dieting or running ask Built she knows what shes talkin about she helped me out alot.

Wannabebig New Member
    whats this HIT or HIIT everyone is talking about, ive never heard of it. Thanks for the advice so far