The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Biceps Bet with my buddy

Lol, one of my old time budies has informed that he's making a bet with me for the summer. "I bet my biceps will be bigger than yours by the end of summer" So he's pretty going to be in his basement doing biceps curl sand tri for the next 2 1/2 months, while i'll be in the gym. Instead of discuraging him i told him i''m even going to give him a head start, i wont be able to get to the gym untill unde of June.

What do you guys think of this? I almost pissed myself laughting, kidna feel bad thoe :evillaugh
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Do the 2 hour arm blitz everyday like that one guy posted. Or buy some synthol.

How big are your arms?
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Its not that easy, as long as you increase somewhat he'll be struggling. Say your 18" now and hes only 16". If you grow to 18 1/2" he has to gain 2 1/2" in less then 3 months, which is almost impossible. Work for hypertrophy and do higher reps and sets.

The bet is for measurments gained not the size as origonally posted, typo. So we'll see who will gain the most on their arms, inches/cm wise.

My advice is eat good, im lost when it comes to size gains but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    The bet is for measurments gained not the size as origonally posted, typo. So we'll see who will gain the most on their arms, inches/cm wise.

His point was that in most cases the bigger your arm is (in a muscular sense) the harder it is to make grow. It is much harder to go from 18 to 19" arms for most folks than it is to go from 12 to 13" arms.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

man i wish i had 18" guns.

Its not all its cracked up to be.

I'm big fat and ugly! Eric_Yager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    Lol, one of my old time budies has informed that he's making a bet with me for the summer. "I bet my biceps will be bigger than yours by the end of summer" So he's pretty going to be in his basement doing biceps curl sand tri for the next 2 1/2 months, while i'll be in the gym. Instead of discuraging him i told him i''m even going to give him a head start, i wont be able to get to the gym untill unde of June.

What do you guys think of this? I almost pissed myself laughting, kidna feel bad thoe :evillaugh
    haha the day before you both measure just do the stupid 8 hour arm workout you can find in m&f or some other muscle mag..it'll put in about 1-1.5" of useless size for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Yager
    haha the day before you both measure just do the stupid 8 hour arm workout you can find in m&f or some other muscle mag..it'll put in about 1-1.5" of useless size for that day.
    lol, nice.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Its not all its cracked up to be.
    Let me translate for those who may have missed it.

"I have 18 inch arms,envy me"
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Its the truth brotha... unless your like 22"+ then you just dont get that much attention about it.

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    Unless your bodyfat is low and you aren't very tall. In which case 18 looks very good.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

18 inch lean (sub 10%) arms are bigger and more impressive than 99.9% of the population of this earth. Pretty impressive IMO.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Its the truth brotha... unless your like 22"+ then you just dont get that much attention about it.
    Well to be 22" + you would have to be Ronnie coleman in the off season. You don't need arms even close to that big to be impressive. I mean a really lean 16" arm looks good on some people, 17 or 18 lean is nice.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I'm impressed more if you are a lean 16" than a sloppy 18+

edit : especially when your short. 16" on a little guy would be impressive.
    Last edited by RussianRocket; 05-29-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Arnold had a thing he did for his arms the day before a competition. It was something like a few sets every hour all day. Search and I'm sure you can find it.