Thread: Clicking???

tyrtl guard

Clicking???

Hey guys I started to feel and hear a clicking sound around my elbow area when I do push ups and over the head tricep extensions. It only happen to my left elbow. anyone ever have this or know what this is? Should I see a doctor? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tyrtlpwr; 05-26-2005 at 02:19 PM.

i used to train with a lad whose elbow clicken it made me feel sick but i dnt even think he noticed it unless it hurts you i wouldnt worry or you could see your doctor if u are concerned
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

I could be wrong, I am most of the time. This coulb be kinda like cracking your nuckles, you know what i mean? When i squat really low somtimes one of my knee cracks, sometime both.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

i've had that lately but in my wrist hasn't healed properly!
    as hill said if it does concern you checking it out at the doc's wouldn't do any harm
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

both my knees sound like rice crispies when I walk up stairs and do squats. I wear my iPod and crank it really loud so I don't have to hear it...doesn't hurt, but the sound makes me sick.

My right wrist clicks because I was in a fight a few years ago. I have no problems with it or pain at all.

Your elbow might be something else though. Does it hurt at all, or it just clicks?

When I straighten my left arm out it cracks. My knee's do the same while squatting

Wannabebig Member
    I personally have that all the time, for as long as i can remember, to stop the clicking, when you bench or do pushups or whatever (although this is a little confusing) all you have to do is keep your elbows directly under your wrists, the clicking occurs when you push on an angle.
    WEIGHT: 70kg
    BF%: Unknown
    HEIGHT: 167cm

training since 15th April 2005

more than likely its the tendons just snapping around your joints...unless its painfull, I wouldn't worry to much about it....as soon as it becomes painfull you better see a doctor and/or give the injury time to heal.

my IT band which runs up and down parts of your leg does the same thing where it attaches to my knee..... it doesn't hurt, but the more i stretch it out, the better it feels, as it loosens up.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    My elbows and wrists have been clicking ever since I remember picking up weights. I can have them click anytime.... some people have commented on it but I feel no pain so I just keep on keepin' on.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

tyrtl guard
    It dosent hurt at all and when I do the same movements without weights theres either no sound or minimal sound. I going to try what bigwhitecancer says and see if it makes a difference.

but growing daily!
    I woke up once with a tendon in my leg stuck on the knobby part of my ankle. When I moved my foot it unstuck and snapped back a few cm's onto my leg bone. Hurt like a rubber band and scared the crap outta me

Zygote

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote
    I woke up once with a tendon in my leg stuck on the knobby part of my ankle. When I moved my foot it unstuck and snapped back a few cm's onto my leg bone. Hurt like a rubber band and scared the crap outta me

Zygote
    Holy ****, I hope that doesn't happen to me

I click all over.. shoulders, elbow and knees

most of the time the clicking is just gas escaping from your joints. my ankles click and crack every time i take a step. it mostly pisses me off just because i can never be a stealthy ninja
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by Reinvented
    more than likely its the tendons just snapping around your joints...
    I have the same problem, and when I went to a chiropractor he told me pretty much the same thing, only he called it the warning signs of tennis elbow.

There haven't been any problems since I first noticed the clicking, no pain, nothing. The sound though... is intolerable!
    Last edited by kangerue; 05-29-2005 at 09:07 PM.
    Future SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN. [futuristic moving sound]