Thread: WBB1 8-10 week reveiw/results.

Hybrid View

WBB1 8-10 week reveiw/results.

Well guys i am wrapping up with WBB1.

Overall rating: Its OK.

Its really not the greatest routine i have ever done. No where near in fact. We all react to working out differently, so to say that WBB1 suits everyone would be a lie. While on WBB1 my Strength Soared. But in terms of growth...meh its the only 2 month period where I DID NOT GAIN ANY MASS. Though this may be in part to some cardio which i included 2-3 times a week.
    I feel fitter, but i never got any really noticeable growth out it. Just kinda stayed the same.

I'm contemplating going back to my old Higher rep less weight + less rest routine, which got me the stunned silence reaction from people who hadnt seen me in a while.

My old routine really seemed to pump PUMP PUMP my muscles up.

And actually tonight i did my old routine, and found that i had difficulty completing reps... .... so yeah...

Nothing ventured nothing gained, it was cool to see my strength soar, but its time for something new where i'm going to see results.

I'll post up my old routine shortly. and eventually i will post my new routine.
    Last edited by Roddy; 05-16-2005 at 08:43 PM.

So yes here is my old routine. This routine literally got me absolutly jacked! And yes it misses alot of body parts. and no its not great. but it worked. and yes i will tweak and change it if i go back to it.

This routine took me from a skinny 148lbs to over 175lbs in 6-8 months. with extra food and 1 month on Meta-cel Creatine.

Flat Bench Press 4x12
    Machine Fly's 4 x 12
    Hammer Curls 4 x 12
    Concentration Curls 4 x 12
    Chin ups: 2 x 4-6 (it was all i could do at the time)
    Pistons: 2 x 24 (its a shoulder exercise from mens health)

I did this 3-4 times a week and it took me on average 35-40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy
    So yes here is my old routine. This routine literally got me absolutly jacked! And yes it misses alot of body parts. and no its not great. but it worked. and yes i will tweak and change it if i go back to it.

This routine took me from a skinny 148lbs to over 175lbs in 6-8 months. with extra food and 1 month on Meta-cel Creatine.

Flat Bench Press 4x12
    Machine Fly's 4 x 12
    Hammer Curls 4 x 12

C'mon man... you can't be serious. I mean this is a fine chest/bi day routine. But, you should seriously consider adding a back/tri day and shoulder/leg day. Your choice though, Good Luck.
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

Flat Bench Press 4x12
    Machine Fly's 4 x 12
    Hammer Curls 4 x 12

Are you kidding me. This is about the worst routine i've seen on here yet. Give me a break man.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar

Flat Bench Press 4x12
    Machine Fly's 4 x 12
    Hammer Curls 4 x 12

This takes the cake for the worst routine ever posted on WBB. And that's a damn hard position to take.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

cut block extraordinaire
    One reason that your mass gains may have slowed is you may now be out of the newbie phase. That means no more quick, easy "newbie gains." Along w/ you weights you need to examine you diet if you truly want to gain.

:withstupi

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Your old routine sucks.

No leg work whatsoever, very little back work and no tricep work. Almost all chest and biceps, making it look like your typical curl jockey routine. Just my $0.02.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66
    Your old routine sucks.

No leg work whatsoever, very little back work and no tricep work. Almost all chest and biceps, making it look like your typical curl jockey routine. Just my $0.02.
    werd, i see no compounds cept for maybe the chest exercise
    My Transformation
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=50238

Well I wont critizie your old routine but I will suggest that you evaluate just how much you gained in strengh... as well as how long it took you to get there. If your lifting for size and mass then go for hypertrophy with higher reps and lower weights.

Diet has more to do with growth then a routine. Good luck with the curl and chest routine, you will look awesome with twiggy legs and swole arms.

LOL, yeah guys if its so bad then why did i get such great results. On paper it may look bad but my body responded. When i first started this i had no idea what to do, and this routine is what i started to do, with alomost no breaks/rest in between. I already stated that it misses alot of body parts and if i do go back to it that i will tweak/revise it.
    And beleive me, i love working out the legs so there will be a specific day for that.

And yeah i feel that a higher rep workout will give me the best results.
    Last edited by Roddy; 05-17-2005 at 11:15 PM.

If you gained strength but no mass on WBB1 then you didnt eat enough, period.

If you went from 148 to 175 or whatever it was then i got a news flash for you, your daily caloric needs went up. If youre eating the same as it took you to get there then you cant expect to keep gaining at the same rate without steadily increasing your calories. That combined with you probably being out of your newbie gain phase is probably why you didnt gain mass. Whether you gain or lose "weight" is 100% diet. Whether you gain muscle or not is a combination of diet and lifting. You were doing WBB1, so you obviously had one of those dialed in correctly. So what does that leave? You be the judge.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

^^^ LOL, yeah and i look great. I think that takes the cake.

^^^ LOL, yeah and i look great. I think that takes the cake.

Never knew chickens legs were hot. Well KFC legs are...mmmmmm.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

A fool and his gains are soon parted...
    Last edited by Shark; 05-20-2005 at 11:34 AM.

It's ok to have chicken legs..... if you are a prepubescent girl.

Body Under Construction thalakos84's Avatar
    I'm going to just save everyone a lot of grief. Roddy, your routine isn't terrible, but it SUCKS if you're doing it exclusively. You're going to plateau. Swallow your pride and listen to the people here. A lot of them have been at this for 10+ years. And THEY have made size gains. They know their stuff. Be patient my young Padawan.
    Growth
    5'10"
    150lbs
    Bench - 225
    Squat - 247x5
    Deadlift - 315

I was always under the impression that it was spelled "Paduan"...? Maybe I'm just a bad starr wors speler?

Roddy: do you really trust things you read in Men's Health Magazine?? They're sort of wack. I mean, they'll probably tell you to do something crazy, like to hit the bi's and chest 3-4 times a week..
    Last edited by JTyrell710; 05-22-2005 at 07:24 PM.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I do listen to the people here. And i'm pretty new to this.
    But i can tell when something workes over a 8-10 week period and when it does not.

I have varied my program extensivly.

And am working on two specific body parts on each workout day, with a specific day for leg. I'm using lower weights and higher reps. I can tell you in 3 weeks i have made gains, and maybe the 8 weeks of WBB1 layed the framework for it. I am up 3lbs as of today over a month ago. Gains i had not seen in a while. I really swear by the Hypertrophy take on weight lifting. For me it just pumps me up, and gets me cut.

Thanks for the input. i know my routine wasnt great, but the higher reps are what my body responds too. and that is something i would not have learned if i did not try the heavy weight low rep set up. so thanks!