Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have to work legs

azboy you are soooooooo far off you dont evn know it. keep working on your biceps and abs dude, we know thats prob all you do anyways
    the grass could be greener, and itll always be greener on the other side, but you just never know....this could be the one

Quote Originally Posted by AzBboy
    Tons of people are huge and don't work their legs, which disproves the you 'MUST' work your legs to get big theory, and also disproves the 'the body grows as a whole' theory. I don't believe you HAVE to work your legs, in fact, unless you wanna be a bodybuilder, you don't have to work every muscle group. Just work the muscles you want to develop, if your not after competition, theres no need to kill yourself to look 'proportionate' and develop muscles which youve stated you don't even care to attain. Just cus some random people on a weightlifting forums tell me i'll look dumb if I don't train legs doesn't mean I have to change my whole routine just to fit suit their opinions.
    Bad advise

Age-17
    Height-5'8.5"
    Weight-160

Maxes as of-5/26/05
    Bench-205x3(estimated 225)
    Squat-305x1
    Deadlift(sumo)-335x1
    Hang Clean-225x3(estimated 245)

Check out my journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65381

Tons of people are huge and don't work their legs, which disproves the you 'MUST' work your legs to get big theory, and also disproves the 'the body grows as a whole' theory. I don't believe you HAVE to work your legs, in fact, unless you wanna be a bodybuilder, you don't have to work every muscle group. Just work the muscles you want to develop, if your not after competition, theres no need to kill yourself to look 'proportionate' and develop muscles which youve stated you don't even care to attain. Just cus some random people on a weightlifting forums tell me i'll look dumb if I don't train legs doesn't mean I have to change my whole routine just to fit suit their opinions.
    So you're saying you want to Spongebob squarepants? big upperbody and skinny legged. I guess working legs or not is a choice. Some make that choice, and some don't. A guy can have bigger body and tiny legs (could be a genetic factor)... i have seem them, but they can be much bigger if they had given their legs some decent works. Surely if you wanna look dumb with skinny legs, by all mean that's your choice.

BY THE WAY PITCHING baseball requires tremendous leg strength. The push off the mound is where pitchers get their velocity. Throwing a baseball w/ velocity requires the total body. Just look at Roger clemens's ass.

as you can see your getting back alot of negative responses on your post!

read up,learn,listen, why it's important to work your legs
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    AzBboy- If you are casually just building up some mass just for the hell of it (nothin wrong with that), than not working the legs is fine. The case I am trying to make is that their is a lot of benefits to legs for overall health, overall atheleticism and overall appearence that shouldn't be ignored because they aren't on "show" like biceps are. If you are only gonna hit the weights once a week, no problem with just hitting what is on show I suppose. But if you are really trying to do anything beyond just fooling around with weights and become an athelete of any form, legs and core body is the foundation. The rest is frosting!
    Last edited by AnOddParadigm; 05-17-2005 at 04:56 PM.
    height: 5' 5''
    weight: 140
    Deadlift: 225 (straight leg)
    Squat: 265
    Benchpress: 160 (w/dumbbells on incline. It has been a while since I tried w/Barbell, the only reason too seems to be so I can post it here in a pissing contest, ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by AnOddParadigm
    AzBboy- If you are casually just building up some mass just for the hell of it (nothin wrong with that), than not working the legs is fine. The case I am trying to make is that their is a lot of benefits to legs for overall health, overall atheleticism and overall appearence that shouldn't be ignored because they aren't on "show" like biceps are. If you are only gonna hit the weights once a week, no problem with just hitting what is on show I suppose.
    Don't let him off that easy.

His argument was that "there's big guys that don't work legs, therefore working legs doesn't help you grow."

Which is bull****.

If he wants to be a curl jockey that's his business, but don't come telling a skinny kid that's concerned about getting bigger that he doesn't need to work his lower body to grow, because that's a damn lie.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Banned
    There is no reason to get all upset about this question i asked and for people to take it all serious, i dont want to be huge i just want to be like 170lbs with a big bench and strong upper body, if i have to work my legs to get to that then that is what ill do, you people on here dont have to get all offensive about a question that i asked. All you had to do was explain to me why i had to work them

Oh, I don't think it was directed at you bodybuilderdw - you asked a reasonable question, and it was answered. I think that was directed at AzBboy.