Thread: Should I lift?

Banned

Should I lift?

Ok, Im not sure wheter I should lift 3 days in a row and Im turning to you guys for help. Now before you say anything, let me explain my small (but nevertheless important) dilemma.

I have 3 training days and here is my schedule:
    Day1: Chest/Tris
    Day2: Rest
    Day3: Cardio/Abs
    Day4: Back/Bis
    Day5: Legs
    Day6: Rest
    REPEAT...

Now, I want to know whether or not I shoudl get rid of Day 6 and do chest/tris on that day. That would mean I would workout 3 days in a row, however my arms are completely fine after one day of rest after doing then on day4 because I only do bis that day. Should I go ahead and bench on Day 6 or not?

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    If you change Cardio/Abs with Back/Bi's, you could get a day of nonlifting between every lifting day. Which might prove a little better.. maybe?
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"

So this is it, my time to live.

Banned
    I was thinking about that as well, however for some reason Im still sore 2 days after doing chest/tris (both my chest and my arms) because its a pretty intensive day. Not that my back/bi day isnt, however that is nowehre near as bad on my arms as the chest one.

i think your main problem is that there are 7 days in a week

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darius19
    I was thinking about that as well, however for some reason Im still sore 2 days after doing chest/tris (both my chest and my arms) because its a pretty intensive day. Not that my back/bi day isnt, however that is nowehre near as bad on my arms as the chest one.
    What about switching Legs with Back/Bi, since your legs aren't exactly going to be sore from a Chest/Tri workout.
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"

So this is it, my time to live.

Banned
    Well my routine is fine, the only problem Im having here is whether or not I should take an extra day off today or lift. I feel fine so Im compelled to lift, but I want to know if it will hurt my gains or anything.

Banned
    Sigh..cmon, somone suggest something :\

Quote Originally Posted by darius19
    Ok, Im not sure wheter I should lift 3 days in a row and Im turning to you guys for help. Now before you say anything, let me explain my small (but nevertheless important) dilemma.

I have 3 training days and here is my schedule:
    Day1: Chest/Tris
    Day2: Rest
    Day3: Cardio/Abs
    Day4: Back/Bis
    Day5: Legs
    Day6: Rest
    REPEAT...

Now, I want to know whether or not I shoudl get rid of Day 6 and do chest/tris on that day. That would mean I would workout 3 days in a row, however my arms are completely fine after one day of rest after doing then on day4 because I only do bis that day. Should I go ahead and bench on Day 6 or not?
    Keep it the way it is. Rest is good.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Banned
    Yeah I know rest is good and that is why im not sure whether or not I should lift.
    However on the other hand I feel great and neither my chest or arms feel sore, and I feel 100% (my upper body at least, my legs are sore as hell).

Banned
    Ahh u guys are killing me. A simple yes or no will do If im gonna go I have to within the next hour, and Im leaning towards going...

just do it. no need to ask

Banned
    better to go...

Banned
    I know I know this prolly seems like a ******ed question, but I just dont want to overwork myself. But since I feel great Im probably fine, although lifting 3 days in a row is a lot. Oh well IM gonna go

yeah lol just go lift, I lift 4 days in a row take one off anf repeat. And I have no problems
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Sure do it, chest/tri every 6 days, or every 7 days, wont make much difference.

I'm planning on working out 5 days in a row this week. Upper / Lower / Upper / Lower / Upper / Rest / Rest. That'll put on some beef, surely.
    Age 29 | Height: 5'11 | Weight: 176 lbs (a while ago) | Weight: 180 lbs (2-Nov-05) | Weight: 181 lbs (8-Nov-05)