The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How often do you

Take time off from lifting and how much do you train?
    My Transformation
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=50238

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Simplistic
    I take time off whenever I feel tired or have had a stressful day/week. I usually train twice a week.

I have just started training super low volume once every month or so. I find that my current routine is so demanding that if I keep it up then I end up getting sick, regardless of how much time I spend sleeping/eating/recovering, so when I see the first signs of sickness I change to a full week of one set per exercise instead of the usual 5 and do only 1/3 of my cardio.

I train 4 times per week. I take time off when I go on vacation. Usually 3-7 days off once per year. I sometimes take time off during finals when I really need it and feel hammered..
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

i take time off when i want, i dont have a system. I've been off for about 3 months, and i look besically the same, actually probabaly gained a few pounds over all (mostly fat, but i'm bulking anywayz). I'm really blessed with the ability to maintain my physique for a very long time without much upkeep. I think it's because my mom was an olympic gymnast and my dad was an acrobat.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

i do 4 lifting days

i take time off whenever i feel it's needed goes to 3 days to a week!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I Take a complete week off about ever 6 weeks. Always have come back stronger after that week off.
    NOt only stronger.. but much more psychologicaly ready to lift again.. which is much more important. This will make sure you stick out the weight lifting for years.

I take time off whenever I get burned out or get too stressed from work. WHen I start getting ansy again, like I have way too much energy or I want to start moving furniture around, I start lifting again.
    22 y/o out of Puget Sound area of Washington
    6'2", 205 and putting on

If I take time off, it's usually only a day or two. I only do that when I feel really crappy.
    I train with weights 5 days per week.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties