The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

CNS adaption & fighting & strength question

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=208

Good article about bascially CNS adaption that I just learned about.
    Since I'm skinny and trying to put on bulk, I was lifting completly wrong, and that is why recently I am gaining strength but not gaining any weight. But its good to read that article before answering my question, but its not necessary if you know about what I'm asking.

Well here is my question, say your in a fight and your adrenaline kicks in where you bascially get super strength. WIll this bascially give you muscle recruitment in the upper 90% like it said in the article. So bascially during a fight where both opponents are high on adrenaline, strength will come down to mass becuase muscle recruitment will be close to 100% for both individuals?

SO all my strength gains are only good for when my adrenaline is normal, and I'm not in a fight or flight situation?

What would you guys have to say about this?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would not agree with your statement.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

'your' should be 'you're'

There is more to fighting than mass and adrenaline.

you wont tap that much strength, adrenaline very rarely releases in those kind of levels (if it did, you could throw a car, and ive heard about people on pcp doing this and shattering their spine/tearing muscles from bones). so no, strength matters as much, if not more than mass. you dont want to be small, dont get me wrong, but the person isnt going to be very careful if your much stronger than you look. so youll get one hit before they realize, also you can move your own body better this way.

uggh, i think skill has more to do in a fight than muscle strength.

Quote Originally Posted by hoser813
    uggh, i think skill has more to do in a fight than muscle strength.
    This all depends, because I can't see how I can beat a 225 pound huge muscle guy when I'm only 150 pounds. I don't care how much skill I have.. I'd have to really get lucky.
    IF this guy grabs me than I have even that much less chance.

Disciple#1
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie500
    This all depends, because I can't see how I can beat a 225 pound huge muscle guy when I'm only 150 pounds. I don't care how much skill I have.. I'd have to really get lucky.
    Easily....IF you know how to Fight. Although it does depend alot on wether or not either party are 1. Trained in fighting techniques 2. Type of techniques and 3. Overall experience. Strength plays a part but speed/smarts and delivery play the bigger part imo.

No good having alot of strength if your coordination/speed are that of a little girl lol
    You never know what you can do, until you try to do more than you can.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    I would not agree with your statement.
    I agree.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

There's a kid that was in my dorm that was like 115 lbs and a black belt in karate. He will be the first to admit that I (i'm almost twice his size) would knock the crap out of him even if I knew almost nothing about fighting.

Of course technique plays a role, but you don't see any of the 170- lbers in any big time fighting sport (wrestling, boxing, MMA) challenging the 200+ lbers. And trust me, if one of them could, they would for the prestige.

YOu guys don't know anythign!! Bruce Lee could kill anybody by ripping out their heart, and he's only 70 lbs.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Anyone thats a skinny 150, no matter what martial arts they know, will stand a chance against someone whos a lean 225.
    Last edited by Ares; 05-23-2005 at 12:10 AM.

^ so, can you explain to me why there are weight-divisions in contact sports?
    Last edited by Praetorian; 05-23-2005 at 04:04 AM.

I think it depends on how badly you want to win the fight. If your mouth ends up by his neck will you take a bite out of it? If your fighting for your life you might, fighting over a spilt drink, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    ^ so, can you explain to me why there are weight-divisions in contact sports?
    these are professional fights, these fighters have trainning, they have refs, coaches, cut men etc. They are not in a life threatenning situation like a street brawl. Most of contact sports also have protective equipment on their hands and sometimes their heads. A boxing glove is made to rattle your brain sort of speak or it least feels like it does, who to say what a bare fist might do in the same punch. I dont think there is a bare nuckle league that is legal, i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure there isnt one just yet.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

DOn't know the last time you guys were in a fight but when your in a real fight fear takes over. You can't really pull all those fancy fighting moves like you have been training. YOu bascially freeze up..
    You just do your regular punches usually aiming for the face.. even though its not the best place to land a punch for many reasons.

3:16
    I have been around that weight and strong for my size as well and i trian with some one that size who does not do weights. yet he can beat sometimes.
    Hes just very quick and skillfull, okay he does cage fight professional as well and people with a similar skill level to me, but weigh as much as him get beat far easier.
    But if you trian hard at a good club your be surprised.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

3:16
    DOn't know the last time you guys were in a fight but when your in a real fight fear takes over. You can't really pull all those fancy fighting moves like you have been training. YOu bascially freeze up..
    You just do your regular punches usually aiming for the face.. even though its not the best place to land a punch for many reasons.
    well go to a good mma club, if it stays one on one in your fight. then you get used to being attacked and you can relax more.
    some fighters i watch are so relaxed they look like they are going to fall asleep. But these ones are highly dangerous ones as your tire very quickly and leaving a opening and there be in there.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

**** is real
    i don't think you'll get an adrenaline hit that big but i think you'll get a noticeable amount of strength increase from the adreneline...
    yesterday i was sitting in physics and i was thinking about how i was going to approach this kid in my math class, who has been making fun of my friend and his gf (because he's jewish and she's chaldean) and my friend thinks he stole money from him on saturday, so i was just thinking about the kid and i got angry and i had the biggest adreneline hit of my life. my heart started beating really hard and everytime it'd beat my vision would blur a little. if i could only get those type when i needed them...lol
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf