The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cross Burning in Durham, NC

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/26/cro....ap/index.html

This is the straw that broke the camels back. I am getting the hell out of North Carolina. I saw the klan have a rally down at the capital in Raleigh a few years ago (happened to be downtown for work). These idiots are from the deep, deep woods down here. I listened for a bit, just out of curiosity, it was mostly them bitching about hispanics taking jobs and working at McDonalds (5 star restaurant for these guys), and Jewish people transplanting to Cary, NC, I think a synagogue opened or something. Anyways as much as I hate illegal immigration, this is no way to look at other human beings (stating the obvious). Anyways what do you guys feel about free speech, do you think there are times when people or the media should not be allowed to spew falsehoods or hate, which could possible hurt other people?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Take solace in the fact that these morons will probably try to do this again and get the living **** beaten out of them by some brothers.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    If You Dont Liek Our Meatings Then Leeve, You Dam ******! Or Mabe Your A ***! Or A ****!!!! Get The Hell Out Of Are Town You ****.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

If some people want to be ignorant and burn a cross or two, it doesn't really effect me much. Doesn't change my views. I don't think anyone should be able to tell them what they can and can't say, since no matter who is talking, someone will always be able to find something offensive about it. If we start by not allowing them to do this, where will it stop?

And although these guys are shown as a hate group (which they very well may be), there are lots of groups which show hate toward whites and other ethnicities. I get tired of people telling me I'm not supposed to see color when I look at people. I see color because I'm not going to deny what I see. This guy is white, that girl is black, those people are asian looking.

Noticing differences in appearance between people isn't racism, it's only when you attach a negative or derogatory thought or action to the difference that racism occurs. IMO.
    Last edited by Wierz; 05-26-2005 at 08:18 AM.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

Man, North Carolina would kick so much more ass if it wasn't filled with so many rednecks. If only the weather were nicer in northern VA and MD..

I think it should be legal to beat the **** out of these type of people. Seriously: sometimes you just want to **** someone up, and the sight of some racist redneck in a white mask would make these little synapses in my brain go haywire. It's pissing me off just thinking about it.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

The KKK lost any revelance they ever had decades ago. They are a bunch of 45 year old rednecks that want to feel important.

well, i'm an nc resident and native and would say that the percentage of the public who are cross-burning "rednecks" is minute

but if you want to lambast a whole state due to the actions of a very very very small minority

then go ahead

i tend to agree with shooter - the Klan is irrelevant.

But free speech should always be protected.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I find it funny that the Klan is a "registered terrorist group" within the U.S.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

I think it's irrelevant on a political level, but not at an individual level.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Some of us (i.e. "me") are not too proud to be from Durham today.
    My mom told me about this **** about 45 minutes ago.
    It might be kind of irrelevant to most of you, but it means that tensions will undoubtedly be a little higher for awhile.
    The thing is- so many people in NC are good people- even the majority of the dumbass rednecks, it's just the stupid racist turds that **** everything up.

don't pay them any mind, and keep reinforcing equal rights for all people, and eventually they themselves will realize they are irrelevant.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Sure, we have the right to free speech. But why protect something that is clearly organized hatred? These people think they are better than others because they came out white and raised in the U.S.A. I don't know, I think this thread could go south in a hurry.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Is this really national news?
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Tim: Man, I agree, but you know that if we stopped them (the gov did) then hundreds of other groups would come into question and create quite a mess.

I absolutely hate the Klan. With the same passion I hate Brown Power and the Black panthers. And the NAACP. Any group for the special favoring of a certain racial or ethnic group makes my ****list. Of course, I'm excluding groups for the advancement of America as a whole.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Nissen
    Sure, we have the right to free speech. But why protect something that is clearly organized hatred? These people think they are better than others because they came out white and raised in the U.S.A. I don't know, I think this thread could go south in a hurry.
    and there are black gangs that have viewpoints much like this for themselves...

until someone commits an actual crime, i could care less how much they hate, but when they do, let 'em have it.

Banned
    Let them burn what they wanna burn...Let them think what theywanna think...We should pit the KKK and the black panthers (both extreme rasisct groups) and let them kill each other off...A person is a person...take em one at a time

I stand by my original comment that the Klan is completely and utterly irrrelevant. Anything resembling a goal that they may have had in the past 50 years has failed miserably. There was a stretch of maybe 40-50 years following the civil war where they had any sort of effect on national matters by forcing segregation.

After WWI they basically became a Redneck Fraternity and fell apart from there. From 1920 onward they showed up at their meetings to talk about how wonderful White Males were, got drunk, went home to pass out and continue their miserable lives.

They certainly have the freedom in this country to continue to demonstrate their ignorance to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    I absolutely hate the Klan. With the same passion I hate Brown Power and the Black panthers. And the NAACP.
    You equate the Klan with the NAACP? This is troubling.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Couple days ago read how some black society that is doing the 10 million march this fall, had a speaker, who said he teaches his children that whites are the enemy.
    It goes both ways. Except your probably looked down apon more for challengeing a black rascist group.

Where I work, when awarding contracts, 25% weighs if your a minority. Seen some incomptentant people get contracts. Its unfortuante, it makes the goods ones hard to take seriously. We also have an entire department that looks for diverse suppliers. So not only are we buying one product over another, we are going to them begging them to take our money.

Not saying I agree with burning crosses. But I can sure see how some people are angry.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    You equate the Klan with the NAACP? This is troubling.
    Why? Because the NAACP is a leftist group? This alone would make me dislike them. In that respect, they're no different than the NRA. But I like the NRA due to their right wing causes.

The KKK and NACCP are both racist groups, on is just better organized and backed by a major political party.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    The KKK and NACCP are both racist groups, on is just better organized and backed by a major political party.
    One of these groups is not like the others: Nazis, KKK, NAACP. Can you guess which one?

(Hint: The NAACP does kill other people based on genetic makeup and fought for equal rights for minorities when they were being oppressed by racists.)
    Last edited by MixmasterNash; 05-26-2005 at 05:50 PM.

the NAACP is a racist group

most definitely

Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    the NAACP is a racist group

most definitely
    Yeah. The NAACP rode through town and murdered 23 white people yesterday.

You people are absolutely insane if you think the Klan and the NCAAP are in any way comparable.