Thread: Weight Flucuation

Weight Flucuation

Whats a normal swing in weight to see? When I weighed myself on Tuesday I was 219 at the beginning of my cutting/strict diet. Weighed myself this morning, and was 209. Either I was full of **** last time, this diet is working wonders, or something. I've been plataued at 218-220 for the past 5 weeks, so I guess this is a good sign. I guess I'll have to weigh myself monday and see if it magically goes back up to 218-220 where I've been.

In the morning you have less water weight... plus you could be getting dehydrated. Did you just go to the bathroom before you weighed yourself.

Weigh yourself at night, having consumed about 60oz of water 5-7 hours before weigh in.

No need to weigh yourself at night specificly. Just make sure that you are weighing yourself at the same time, and under as similar circumstances as possible, each time. So if you first weighed youself after a meal, then do so all the time. The important thing is to get things as close to the same as possible, and if this is not attainable then take the differences into account.
    Victory belongs to the most persevering.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I like weights. You know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but you see, you KNOW they'd crush you if they could. There's honesty.
    T. Campbell and Gisele Lagace

I did just urinate, but I did drink 32oz of water right before that, so it probably evened out.

How much can a meal/urinating/etc shift weight? I would figure 2-3lbs is my best guess.

Unreal-
    Alot depends on your body size, and not just the immediatly past meal, but what you ate in the past couple of days. Say you first weigh yourself after a week of eating salty foods and drinking a lot of water, not to mention say a bunch of fatty foods.

You then eat nothing but long chain high fiber carbs and very very lean protien, chicken and such, and cut almost all of your salt out. Well your weight might flucuate a lot in this case as water retention has gone way down, with a lack of salt, and your insides are probably pretty clean from all the fiber.

Weigh yourself over the course of a couple of weeks, it is always best to get as much data as possible.
    Victory belongs to the most persevering.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I like weights. You know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but you see, you KNOW they'd crush you if they could. There's honesty.
    T. Campbell and Gisele Lagace

I usually flux about 3 lbs at any given time.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

I have been weighing myself weekly for the past 8 months. For the past 5-6 weeks I've been stuck at 218-221. Hell, on Tuesday I weighed myself to get a baseline for the new diet/program and was 219. Weigh myself this morning and its 209.5. I normally weigh myself once a week, as I noticed daily it goes up or down 2-3lbs.

Ohh well, I guess I'll just see what the scale says next Saturday morning and go from there.