3x Clean and Press
    3x Deadlift
    3x BB/DB Rows
    3x BB/DB Curl
    3x Dips/CG Bench
    My Transformation
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=50238

No.

A powerlifting routine is one that, presumably, is specifically intended to increase the weights you move in the big 3.

There is nothing in that routine that is really different from any other full body routine. That is not to say it won't increase your lifts, but it's pretty generic.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

I'm big fat and ugly! Eric_Yager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brewski053
    4x Squat (1set warmup)
    3x Pullovers
    3x Bench
    3x Clean and Press
    3x Deadlift
    3x BB/DB Rows
    3x BB/DB Curl
    3x Dips/CG Bench
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    No.

A powerlifting routine is one that, presumably, is specifically intended to increase the weights you move in the big 3.

There is nothing in that routine that is really different from any other full body routine. That is not to say it won't increase your lifts, but it's pretty generic.
    Oh ok I wasnt sure if could be considered a PL routine. thanks
    My Transformation

4x Squat (1set warmup)
    3x Pullovers
    3x Bench
    3x Clean and Press
    3x Deadlift
    3x BB/DB Rows
    3x BB/DB Curl
    3x Dips/CG Bench
    In this routine you are starting with 3 working sets of squats, which generally means that by the end (if you are looking for strength..since this would be geared for PL) you would be fairly leg-fatigued, even without low rep training (just assuming since theres just 3 sets). Right after this you are working your lats/upper chest/triceps with pullovers and then going right into bench which incorporates all three of those. By the time you hit deadlift you will already have hit your legs with some volume/intensity, and your chest/triceps/shoulders/back with some volume/intensity (cleans and press and pullovers and squats) so while I'm sure that you can get some good work out of the deadlift, you are already quite fatigued. After this I'm sure that you will be quite drained for the rows/curls/and cgbp.

In my opinion, if you want to do an allover powerlifting routine (meaning training all 3 lifts in 1 training day) then make it a 2 day split that would look kinda like this:
    1:
    bench 3s to 1s
    squats reps
    triceps/lats for reps

2:
    Squats 3s to 1s (alternating with deadlifts)
    bench reps
    lower back/abs for reps

or if you really want to do all three in one workout then either follow squat into deadlift into bench (contest style) or else switch up the order each time so that you can hit each one individually fresh.

^^this is all my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Yager
    In this routine you are starting with 3 working sets of squats, which generally means that by the end (if you are looking for strength..since this would be geared for PL) you would be fairly leg-fatigued, even without low rep training (just assuming since theres just 3 sets). Right after this you are working your lats/upper chest/triceps with pullovers and then going right into bench which incorporates all three of those. By the time you hit deadlift you will already have hit your legs with some volume/intensity, and your chest/triceps/shoulders/back with some volume/intensity (cleans and press and pullovers and squats) so while I'm sure that you can get some good work out of the deadlift, you are already quite fatigued. After this I'm sure that you will be quite drained for the rows/curls/and cgbp.

In my opinion, if you want to do an allover powerlifting routine (meaning training all 3 lifts in 1 training day) then make it a 2 day split that would look kinda like this:
    1:
    bench 3s to 1s
    squats reps
    triceps/lats for reps

2:
    Squats 3s to 1s (alternating with deadlifts)
    bench reps
    lower back/abs for reps

or if you really want to do all three in one workout then either follow squat into deadlift into bench (contest style) or else switch up the order each time so that you can hit each one individually fresh.

^^this is all my opinion

Does fatigued mean over-training leading to injury?
    My Transformation

Does fatigued mean over-training leading to injury?
    Mostly I was just going by the fact that you'll have worked the muscles most likely close to failure so you won't get all you can get out of a lift. Injury wouldn't necessarily happen, but you wouldn't perform anywhere near your peak, which is something fairly important when training for powerlifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Yager
    Mostly I was just going by the fact that you'll have worked the muscles most likely close to failure so you won't get all you can get out of a lift. Injury wouldn't necessarily happen, but you wouldn't perform anywhere near your peak, which is something fairly important when training for powerlifting.
    Im not really training for powerlifting. I was giving the routine by my Physical Therapist who is a big name in the industry as far as training and rehab is concered and alos powerlifted himself. I just wanted to see what people would comment on
    My Transformation