Thread: On 2 years at WBB

On 2 years at WBB

I just realized it's been exactly 2 years that I've been here at WBB. SO I thought I should say something.

Here's what I've learned in the last 2 years:

No matter how strong or smart you think you are, there is always someone stronger or smarter.

If you don't train your whole body, you will never meet your physical potential.

No amount of training can substitute for proper nutrition.

8-minute abs is a DVD at Wal-Mart, not an exercise routine.

One bad injury can be the end of a lifting career or the beginning of one.

It doesn't matter how much you lift, only that you lift as much as you can.

Listen intently to all advice, then decide whether you should follow it.

I still know very little about lifting, life, and everything else; but I'm learning.

Here's what I've accomplished in 2 years:

Have brought body weight from 197 at ~ 25% fat to 186 and ~11% (Lean mass from 148 to 166)

Have not only squatted 405 and deadlifted 455, but have helped others to increase their numbers on these lifts.

Have gone from severe depression to acceptance of life and all it's pitfalls.

Have battled back from severe injury to improve all of my lifts.

Have learned to love myself again.

Will compete in my first power meet in 4 weeks.

Thanks to WBB for everything these last 2 years. You've all helped my transform my body, mind, life.

Special thanks to Maki, Daniel, Chris Mason, CoCoa, Moose, Dedicated, Brian, Callahan, Justin, Anthony, Narcissus (or whatever he calls himself these days), and really everyone whom I've ever had the pleasure to interact with here.

Good luck to everyone. May all your goals be lofty and difficult to achieve. And may you attain them and surpass them at every turn.

All love to WBB.

-Drew

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

That is a really nice post Drew!

I am happy you have gotten so much out of this site and I hope you continue to enjoy it and to help others here.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

That's excellent, Drew.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Nice post. It's neat to see what some of the members take away from this site.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drew
    , Narcissus (or whatever he calls himself these days),
    Dude. You are confusing me (Formerly Nevermore) with Narcissus.
    That was my IM handle.
    that is so ****ing cool. <Gloat>

I was wondering why you kept referring to me as "Narc" in my journal.

Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

WOW. It has been exactly two yrs for me as well....
    I'd post what I have taken but that would be hijacking the thread. (would it?)
    Hmmm well seeing as I don't really care...
    (And there will be some things that mirror Drew's)
    In 2 yrs I have :
    Gone from 6'2" 186 @ 13%bf to 6'2" 240 @ 13% bf.
    gotten my bench from a struggling 135 to 335
    deadlift from 375 to 545.
    Squat from 135 to 405 for reps.
    My life and attitude including my work ethics and patience have all changed for the better due to my Bodybuilding lifestyle.
    I have made more friends on this board that I consider to be true friends than in anyother point in my life.

I have learned:
    Like Drew,
    Your results will only be as good as your diet;regardless of your workouts.

That Having Drew call you a Chicken-Legged-Bodybuilder is a lot of damn motivation.

That denouncing and rejecting that term a year later feels damn good.

Deadlifts and Squats really do make you grow more than any other lifts.

Cardio is always important,nothing is as sad as a 250 lb guy wheezing after sex or jogging.

Liquid diets are sometimes a necessary evil and actually work regardless of what anyone tells you. (Weightgainers/shakes)

Supplements only work when you actually take them.

I'd have to thank Rookie,Wikked1 especially in the beginning for motivation,CoCoa,Galileo,
    I'd thank Budiak but he didn't really like me back then,Callahan,Severed.
    Ties,Drew,BCC,And Twisted Dendrite for being so ****ed up.
    Without this site I would be quite a ways from my goals and terribly uneducated.
    SO , thanks to Dan,Chris and Maki as well.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Thanks guys, and no worries about a thread hijack. It's all good.

Good post, drew. To come back after injury and set some PRs ... that's just awesome.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I know there are more testimonies out there...

TESTIFY!!!!

Man ive been on here longer and havent learnt 95% as much as everyone else...thats because I finally started to lift seriously a few months ago
    Nice post guys, it really is nice to see people progressing!

I'm just waiting for you guys to do some sort of cyber hug. The pansy-meter of this forum just shot up a couple notches

Hell, it's been 2 years for me too. Can't say I've improved as much as Drew or the others, but it's been the only forum I've found that's worth sticking to for years. I'd like to think I've become a better person since June of '03, in all areas.
    Last edited by Tim Nissen; 06-03-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Drew, that is a great post. It's great to see you time here has worked out so well and now you're even getting ready to compete. ACE!

Hatred, *big hug*

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

*Squirt*

(Usually I reserve those messes for Kimpy but she gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    *Squirt*
    Super, now I've got banana-muscle-juice all over my thread. lol

BTW, I've added 20lbs on my squat in the last month.

Drew, you are such an a-hole!
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Thanks Max.

Better than a MASS hole!
    Last edited by drew; 06-04-2005 at 07:54 AM.

I've just realized I've been on a year. What I'll learn in 2 years..will be awesome.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

i havent been here quite 2 years about 19 months. but i have learned a HELL of a lot while i have been here. Mostly about nutrition.

When i first started out, i had lots of trouble with my knees and other things...since i have been working out regularly...those problems have disappeared.

I look forward to finally attaining my goals and could not do it without wbb.

I especially want to thank drew, justinf, bruteman, chubrock, cphafner, cocoa, canadianhomer, and getfit...they have always been there supporting me and keeping me rolling along.

I just realized it's been exactly 2 years that I've been here at WBB. SO I thought I should say something.

Here's what I've learned in the last 2 years:

No matter how strong or smart you think you are, there is always someone stronger or smarter.

If you don't train your whole body, you will never meet your physical potential.

No amount of training can substitute for proper nutrition.

8-minute abs is a DVD at Wal-Mart, not an exercise routine.

One bad injury can be the end of a lifting career or the beginning of one.

It doesn't matter how much you lift, only that you lift as much as you can.

Listen intently to all advice, then decide whether you should follow it.

I still know very little about lifting, life, and everything else; but I'm learning.

Here's what I've accomplished in 2 years:

Have brought body weight from 197 at ~ 25% fat to 186 and ~11% (Lean mass from 148 to 166)

Have not only squatted 405 and deadlifted 455, but have helped others to increase their numbers on these lifts.

Have gone from severe depression to acceptance of life and all it's pitfalls.

Have battled back from severe injury to improve all of my lifts.

Have learned to love myself again.

Will compete in my first power meet in 4 weeks.

Thanks to WBB for everything these last 2 years. You've all helped my transform my body, mind, life.

Special thanks to Maki, Daniel, Chris Mason, CoCoa, Moose, Dedicated, Brian, Callahan, Justin, Anthony, Narcissus (or whatever he calls himself these days), and really everyone whom I've ever had the pleasure to interact with here.

Good luck to everyone. May all your goals be lofty and difficult to achieve. And may you attain them and surpass them at every turn.

All love to WBB.

-Drew
    Awesome post D...you have come a long way since your accident bro...keep rolling along man...you keep me motivated to attain my goals man. seeing what you have done since the accident is IMPRESSIVE as HELL.

Thanks Bri. I use the accident to motivate myself and others. You've gone through your share of adversity, as have most people here. It's all in how we come back from it that makes us who we are.

Thanks Max.

Better than a MASS hole!

I'm from Texas biatch!! HA!
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400