Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: equipment free organization?

  1. #1
    big pimpin biggimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    omaha
    Posts
    1,762

    equipment free organization?

    do any of you think there will ever be an equipment-free org for powerlifting? i really like usapl and how its drug free, but i like to lift drug free and equipment free. i just dont get why usapl would say steroids are banned because of the unfair advantage, while equipment does basically the same thing. i just really wish they would make an equipment and drug free organization so people could really compete with EACH OTHER, not with which equipment is better. ill probably get flamed for this, but oh well.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.


    journal

  2. #2
    Senior Member debussy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    1,388

  3. #3
    As I Am Paul Stagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    Posts
    8,668
    Why don't you lift in any org, and lift how you want?

    There isn't a rule that says you have to wear equipment in the USAPL.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

  4. #4
    big pimpin biggimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    omaha
    Posts
    1,762
    i did lift in usapl and had a lot of fun. it just kind of pissed me off when i went to nationals and was warming up w/ more than a lot of other people, only to have them put gear on and blow me away lol. i lift for my pleasure and enjoyment, but it just got old when everybody else was getting all the recognition because they were good with equipment.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.


    journal

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,644

    aau

    I think the AAU has a raw division.

    I think your only options are: find feds w. a raw division OR suck it up and deal w. the fact that no one else is going to get rid of gear just because you don't like it OR give it up and go buy your own equipment to compete on an even keel.

    There's just no money in raw lifting - for promoters or for the athletes. If there was, you'd see more raw lifting... People like bigger numbers.

  6. #6
    Country Boy
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CenLa.
    Posts
    424
    What are the highest numbers for someone who is totally raw?..no equipment an no drugs.

    I've seen old pics of Anderson in street clothes with what was supposed to be 800+ Squats.Always wondered if they were accurate weights in said pics.

  7. #7
    I'm big fat and ugly! Eric_Yager's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Plattsburgh or canastota ny
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    do any of you think there will ever be an equipment-free org for powerlifting? i really like usapl and how its drug free, but i like to lift drug free and equipment free. i just dont get why usapl would say steroids are banned because of the unfair advantage, while equipment does basically the same thing. i just really wish they would make an equipment and drug free organization so people could really compete with EACH OTHER, not with which equipment is better. ill probably get flamed for this, but oh well.
    theres the RAW powerlifting federation

    and equipment doesn't "do the same thing" as steroids. learn about assisted lifting and then make claims like that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,644

    drug free?

    Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    i really like usapl and how its drug free, but i like to lift drug free and equipment free.
    Btw, and I'm not trying to start an argument (really!), drug testing does NOT mean drug free...

  9. #9
    I'm big fat and ugly! Eric_Yager's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Plattsburgh or canastota ny
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    Btw, and I'm not trying to start an argument (really!), drug testing does NOT mean drug free...
    haha you will run into many many problems then unless you have a federation where all lifters are monitored 24/7 and tested daily.
    Last edited by Eric_Yager; 06-02-2005 at 05:14 PM.

  10. #10
    big pimpin biggimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    omaha
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Yager
    and equipment doesn't "do the same thing" as steroids. learn about assisted lifting and then make claims like that.
    what are you talking about? i know they are not directly the same thing but they both basically alow a person to lift more than they are capable of lifting. yes you can give the whole argument of "protection from injuries," but thats so much BS. the equipment being used goes way past just protection. i have a titan bench shirt, i know how it works. if i need 315lbs just to get the bar to my chest, which was my raw max, i think that thats a little phony. equipment is getting to the point where forklifts will be the next big thing... i mean rychlak gets 300lbs out of his bench shirt.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.


    journal

  11. #11
    I'm big fat and ugly! Eric_Yager's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Plattsburgh or canastota ny
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    what are you talking about? i know they are not directly the same thing but they both basically alow a person to lift more than they are capable of lifting. yes you can give the whole argument of "protection from injuries," but thats so much BS. the equipment being used goes way past just protection. i have a titan bench shirt, i know how it works. if i need 315lbs just to get the bar to my chest, which was my raw max, i think that thats a little phony. equipment is getting to the point where forklifts will be the next big thing... i mean rychlak gets 300lbs out of his bench shirt.
    Assisted lifting and raw lifting are two exactly opposite things. Assisted lifting allows a lifter to take advantage of the fact that he/she has better strength capability towards the top of their lift so it makes is so that the lift is lighter at the bottom and heavier at the top. At the bottom of an assisted lift, the lifter should be pressing the same as his/her raw lift and at the top of an assisted lift they are pressing considerably more.

    Steroids give someone more of an opportunity to do an evenly weighted full press (or more muscular capabilty for assisted lifting). They are two completely different things in all respects.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ks
    Posts
    1,262
    Probably not, Gear is here to stay use it or get beat. Thats just how it is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •