The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Kneeling Squats??

http://www.shanepower.com/kneeling1.htm

this guy has got to be over-rating them, hes not even doing the full rom on zerchers... lol. but really, has anyone tried these at all or are they just some stupid thing that this guy thinks are good?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WS uses them, and they are on the Squat Workout tapes. But, I think they've gotten away from them lately.

I think it's a good movement, but it's not something I was ever able to go heavy on comfortably (and to be an effective exercise, IMHO, you need to go heavy).

my knees hurt just thinking about it

'That guy' is a friend of mine.

He's probably been lifting longer than you've been alive. It would serve anyone well to read through his website and apply many of the ideas there.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Country Boy
    Those are awesome, I like to use them esp. w/ I hit a sticking point.

'that guy' looks to be getting on in years paul, i would think that what you said is true... and then a close look reveals that his 26 years of lifting is indeed longer than my 15 years of living. hey, he started lifting when he was 15 too

anyway paul, a search i did when i found this revealed just that part of his site, and he ISNT touching his knees w/ the bar on zerchers (i have been told to do this, i dont know whether its right or not) so it only makes sense that FROM WHAT I SAW my conclusions about the man made sense. please dont accuse me of writing this guy off because i didnt, i came here and asked about an exercise that my initial observations told me was questionable.

The kneeling squats are good for getting your glutes involved if you have a problem activating them. I've used the exercise with some of my clients.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 06-22-2005 at 09:08 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Shane has a very impressive resume as a power lifter and bodybuilder. He is also one of the finest human beings I have the privilege of knowing. His methods are definitely "old school” but they are highly effective. You are lucky that you stumbled across his site. There is a lot to be learned there.

Heh, I dont know about putting my knees on the ground but if it works for them...

Welcome To Jamrock!!!! bIgHwN86's Avatar
    so.....where would this exercise be placed in a westside template?....Max effort?...he said hip extensors....Lower back hamstring movements?

Welcome To Jamrock!!!! bIgHwN86's Avatar
    never mind just read his site.....sorry