The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

A day in the life by Dave Tate - June 5th 2005

How dedicated are you to the iron game? "Massively!!!" I hear you scream! Well.. Step into Dave Tate's shoes to find out what it REALLY is like to live, sleep, eat and breathe weight training.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=212

Discuss away!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Nice read
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Very nice.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Very motivating. I respect Tate for his dedication and love for the sport , I have to ask though, even if its more philosophical than realistic because as I lifter I know that the we can only go all the way, is there a threshold, a kind of rule, a system (perhaps to avoid the chase of the biggest lift) by which we can lift through our 30's and 40's without risking serious injuries and without worrying if we'll be able to walk in our sixties like Dave said? I really love lifting and I dont want to sound lighthearted but sometimes I get frustrated with the vanity of living in constant pain for nothing

Straight up, this kind of article makes me so very sad because it makes weightlifting so horribly unappealing...

It is a good article but at the end of it he says he loves training at the start makes it sound like he would rather be doing anything but. I look forward to the gym everytime i go but im only 19 maybe that is to come with age?
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer