Thread: How much protein do I need PWO?

Wannabebig Member

How much protein do I need PWO?

I'm 135 lbs...how much protein do I need PWO? I was thinking about getting Myoplex Lite MRP's to mix with Gatorade for PWO. They have 25g protein and 20g carbs (from Maltodextrin mainly), and then mixing it with Gatorade would give me Malto and Dext.

Just wondering if the 25g protein is enough...I would get regular Myoplex but it has more protein than I need pwo (42g)
    Last edited by TooSmall; 06-06-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Depending on how much you get in your diet, 42 g may not be too much. The stuff I use has 20g per shake (whey) and I usually use 5-7.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSmall
    I'm 135 lbs...how much protein do I need PWO? I was thinking about getting Myoplex Lite MRP's to mix with Gatorade for PWO. They have 25g protein and 20g carbs (from Maltodextrin mainly), and then mixing it with Gatorade would give me Malto and Dext.

Just wondering if the 25g protein is enough...I would get regular Myoplex but it has more protein than I need pwo (42g)
    Since you way 135lbs. Your right on target with 25 grams. Read my reply to your other post. If you calculate it using what I posted it comes out to 24.54 grams, so 25 is perfect.

More is always going to be better than less when trying to put on muscle. Also, dont forget the carbs bro. Currently your postworkout shake is what? 300 cals, Are you gaining weight on your current diet?
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Wannabebig Member
    Well, from various calculations, i've figured that I need about 50g carbs PWO, and anywhere from 25-30g protein. Since you're not supposed to have fat in the PWO shake, that leaves about 320 cals. I have another meal in about an hour.

I guess I could add more carbs, but i really dont think i need 60-70 carbs from extremely high GI-sources. Considering that I eat a meal an hour before I workout, and then an hour-90 minutes after my PWO shake, isn't the fact that it's only 320 calories ok?

Well it depends more on your total cals and macronutrient breakdown. How has your current diet been working for you? I assume your trying to gain, if you are not currently gaining weight adding cals to your PWO meal would be a great start.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

w8t your suppose to have 0g of fat in your pre/postWO shake?
    Last edited by YungLifter; 06-07-2005 at 05:06 AM.

erm, you're not supposed to have fat in a pwo shake? damnit, Chocolate ON with a bit of Natty PB tastes sooooooooo damn good. I figured it'd be a good idea since your body needs it to produce test. Also on leg day I crave fat after a work out (especially pizza for some odd reason lately).... don't tell anyone but I've cheated just once or twice on leg day

Im guessing a little wont do anything but I never knew that your not suppose to have fat pwo.

well, you're probably not since it slows it down and alot of people like to raise their insuline PW. I don't subscribe to this theory though, I figure a 45 minute window to digest a fast protien, I don't really need the attack on my liver.

What attack on your liver?