The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Summer Football Training

This will be my journal for the summer until football starts. I'm entering a new phase in my road to being a piece of iron. I'm really exited about this one, because I've had my first training day for football (mon thru thurs every week this summer).

We did alot of speed/explosion type training, then we lifted weights and did some running. I like it alot. I took it easy today, so the #'s will be a little lower than last time. But by the end of this week I'll be back full steam.

Bench
    135x10
    225x4
    245x4
    275x4 a little difficult, but hey, I've been gone awhile.

Squat
    135x5
    225x4
    245x4 easy, all easy. Just taking it lightly the first couple of days.

These were the only exercises worth reporting. I will keep a running log of my football experience every day. THIS WILL BE FUN!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!

The team's a winner already with U on board!! - Off and running with it in a big way man...good luck all summer.

Thanks alot bros, you're support means alot.

I'm super pumped for tomorrow's workout! Suck I have to sleep until then!
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Let me make one thing clear, I LOVE THIS! I hurt worse than I ever have in my life right now, and it's been about an hour since I got off training. Here's what we did, and I'm probably leaving crap out.

We ran ladders in the gym
    Did jumping up and down and in bursts on the plyo boxes
    We did explosive techniques with a medicine ball, LOTS of throwing in sets of ten in different explosive movements. Like a 4 point stance, then a burst up, then throw. again and again and again.
    Then we lifted.

Power Cleans
    135x4
    155x4
    165x4
    185x4 This pwned. It's so exhausting, and that's what makes it so fun.

Hex bar (1st time in a year)
    225x4
    275x4
    275x4 Felt good. I was probably good for 3 plates though.

Supermans, 3x10
    Reverse pushups, 3x10 ( you laid down underneath the squat rack, grabbed the bar which was sitting on the safety bars, and did 3x10 pullups to where your neck almost touched the bar.)
    Partner neck stretching

Jammer ext. (also been about a year)
    55 per side x3
    90 per side x3
    100 per side x3 Did some other weight too, can't remember.

Other crap I can't remember we did. It was very fun and I will enjoy it all summer.

My Exploits

I was super sore and super hungry after this, so here's what I've eaten today.

Pre-training
    1 glass of water

Training
    some drinks of water, very little

Post-training
    5-6 potato chips, 1 ae strawberry milk

2 and a half cans of tuna, 3 slices of bread

2 more glasses of water

1 glass of milk

2 protein shakes (my grannie bought them for me, bless her heart. I drink them because she bought'em, but if they help me any I may just keep getting them).

I think I've done quite well today. I'm not hungry anymore, and almost all of what I ate (excluding the chips) will help me recover. Let's see, water for hydration, milk for bones and muscle condition, tuna and shakes for muscles. Bread for fiber. It's all good.

My Exploits

This football thing has got us all hyped as well bro...I really like what I see here, we may very well have an explosive NFL prospect on our hands - U seem to be made for this stuff, lol.

Coke: As always, your support helps alot bro. Thank you.

I went outside for awhile, then all of the sudden, whoa, this incredibly sleepy feeling hit me. So I took a 2 hour nap, then when I woke up, surprise surprise, I was HUNGRY. So I began eating again.

1 glass of water
    1 can sierra mist (ain't perfect lol)
    2 turkey sandwiches, plain
    2 large chunks cheese

I feel supercharged now. I wish I could meet up with my coach again, a guy whom I really respect, and hit.....the weights or something again.

A brief overview of my school's history. We have no Permian football dynasty, no feared team. It's because of 2 things: Our 2 coaches in the past 4 years have sucked. And the guys haven't been trying because they think they will fail. So they don't practice hard or lift hard. That will change, or they won't be on the team. That's our new coach's point of view, and I like it alot. This is my first year playing (grandpa forbid me previoius year, thought I'd get hurt. I will. But the other guy is ****ed) and I"m really exited.

I just want to go out there and do my job, which will be either or both nosegaurd and center. I will be going up again 350 lb guys, but I can gaurentee I'll be off of that line before them, and bury my shoulder in their guts. Damn I just want to play, and the season's a ways off. Besides, I'll be stronger than most of them by that time, and hopefully faster. You guys may already know this, but my rage is insane when I get hit. I scare people. It's just going to be in a good sense this time. Which reminds me, I haven't kicked anybody's ass in a long time. Must be all the lifting and stuff keeping me busy doing constructive things lol. Whoever gets this far in this post, thanks lol.

My Exploits

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    sounds badass dude. How are you a quarterback murderer at guard or center though? You'd be the quarterback's best friend.
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

me thinks he's playing D-Line. Defense = the position for the angry guys and the kids who cant catch.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Yeah, I'd be the QB's best friend when I was on offense, but if I get through on defense...he's ****ed. I really think I have what it takes to make a hole and murder the ****er. At least that's the plan lol.

JT, yeah man, after the first play I have a feeling I'll be the maddest dude you don't want to see on defense. I'm gonna love this game. The training for it is a blast.

Here's what is left of today's intake.

2 more protein shakes, they make me sick so I gulp them in 2-3 seconds.
    1 walking taco
    1 can dr. pepper
    2 glasses of water

I kept things fairly clean today, I'm just trying to eat plenty and flood myself with protein for optimal gains in speed, strength, agility, everything I'll need for football.

EDIT: btw, since i started drinking protein (yesterday) I've been farting fit to kill people. It's bad.
    Last edited by SW; 06-07-2005 at 08:14 PM.

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    after the first play I have a feeling I'll be the maddest dude you don't want to see on defense. I'm gonna love this game.

EDIT: btw, since i started drinking protein (yesterday) I've been farting fit to kill people. It's bad.
    I'm completely a mild-mannered person, but as soon I step in on D, I get angry. I can't help it. I want to hurt someone.

And I notice a great increase in my stinkage when I suddenly increase my protein intake, maybe move more gradually into a high-protein diet?
    ..Nah, farts aren't so bad.
    Now if only I could get that damn Haz-Mat crew off my lawn...
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

What position do you play?

Right now I stink normally

Today was easy, I wish it was harder. First we talked for a half hour about plays, then did 10 minutes of warmups, then did some special teams stuff. I found out I can kick the ball farther than our punter, which is cool but I won't be doing it. I am learning how to snap the ball. EDIT: then we played some flag football.

But hey, I was skins and caught the ball several times. I ran one of our gaurds completely over, but before i did he scratched me in 1 long, sick line from the center of my chest over my left pectoral. It started bleeding pretty good. I kept on playing, with pink sweat running from the wound all over my body. It was sweet. No one else got close enough after that for me to run into lol.
    Last edited by SW; 06-08-2005 at 10:58 AM.

My Exploits

Better update teh diet

pre training
    1 glass water (anything else and I puke)

drank some water during training, but little

post training
    2 glasses of milk, 6 slices of bread w/ pb laid thickly on it, 1 gatorade, 5-6 doritos.

i will eat plenty more today if I have my way. It's going quite slowly....

My Exploits

Good luck dude. Keep up the big work and don't let anything keep you back. May you average 3 sacks a game. And break OLers like they were kittens (evil kittens).

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I read about the whole ordeal bro, lol - its gonna be real vicious on the field come fall and you'll get a rep beforehand.

drew: Thanks alot man. BAD KITTY! lol

Cokemonster: I hope I get a rep, I want them to know the pain that will befall them. I just can't wait to get out there and terrorize teams that have ****ed us over in the past.

I want them to bleed when I hit them over and over again. To reel in shock when our team is much better than it has ever been. To feel...FEAR. Fear of us, of me, of what we can do to them and our potential.

The first reason I wanted to play football is because I've always been a big, aggressive guy who just loves to pound people in sports. When I get hurt, it screws the other team (in wrestleing at least and flag football) over worse than us. It just motivates me. I want them to hurt me when I slam into them, I hope they're 100 lbs bigger than me, it'll just add to their shock when I slam them on their asses. AGHGHGHG!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, I just want to play soooo badly.

My Exploits

Lol, you seem pretty motivated. One thing about getting a rep though, I know this because I played lacrosse and whenever there was a player on another team that had a reputation whether it be for being the best shooter or the meanest defenseman then coach had us "take him out of the game" If you are soo badass that the oposition see's you as a threat they will play dirty to get you out as quicly as possible. So be carefull. Other than that your training is looking very good. Whats your age stats etc?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Yeah, I've thought about the take him out thing. That will suck. But if I'm on the line and can only crash into the guy ahead of me, hopefully they won't have any time for tricks. I have lots of friends, I'll just tell them to watch my back lol.

My stats

Experience: 1 1/2 years training.
    Bench: 285 2x5
    Squat: 290 2x5
    Seated row: 400 2x5 my best lift.

Cold and unflexed

Neck: 18 inches
    Thigh/upper leg: 27 3/4 I think, it's in my old journal. I'll check to be sure.
    Calves: 18 inches
    Upper arms: 16 inches
    Forearms: 13 3/4 inches

Chest is something like 53-55 inches (those were the measurements for prom).

Those are teh stats.

EDIT: Had to edit forearms and weight is 245 @ 20%
    Last edited by SW; 06-08-2005 at 02:09 PM.

My Exploits

Will, if you haven't already, you should check out www.elitefts.com they have a ton of articles on strength and conditioning especially relating to football.

drew: hey thanks man, I didn't know that. I will drop by. You're just fortifying the fact that wbb has teh best ppl!

Holywars, I was looking again and it looks like bench is only 280 2x5, not 285. oh well lol.

Just for documentation purposes, My entire body still hurts like Hell. I've never crosstrained weights and conditioning like this before. The coach be knowin' 100% more than the last one.

My Exploits

Learn to work through the hurt, the payback will be tremendous.

hey, thanks for the advice bro. I will work through the hurt and I expect there to be plenty of it.

My Exploits

Well, got my handle changed to my real name, and went fishing and caught some big ole bass. Had a couple more pops cause I'm bad lol. It's been a good day. My legs feel terrible. It hurts so gooood.

My Exploits

1 protein shake, 1 more glass of water, 1 more of milk, and a big plate of roast beef + broccoli, potatoes, carrots, and onions does me for the day. Not to mention the fact that a few hours before I ate the same thing.

Exept for the pop, I've done well I think. I'm just trying a half hearted clean bulk here. Just to keep protein available for any muscle that wants to be built lol. I can feel my body getting faster and more explosive already.

My grandfather made some cake today. He makes really good chocolate cake. I'm not eating any
    Last edited by SW; 06-08-2005 at 07:56 PM.

My Exploits