Thread: Frozen/Regular Veggies/Fruits

Hybrid View

Frozen/Regular Veggies/Fruits

Is their a difference? Just wondering if its better to go fresh or frozen or if it even matter.

Fresh is preferred, but frozen is cheaper and cheaper is good. As long as you eat plenty, it's all good.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

ok good b/c its easier to buy frozen and just throw them in the pot. Their both the same veggie one is just colder then the other=)
    Last edited by YungLifter; 06-08-2005 at 06:50 AM.

If I can, Ill go fresh at all costs. Theres nothing like getting some squash out of the garden and stuffing it with hamburgh, rice, cheese and mushrooms... and maybe toppin it with a bit of red sauce. If theres nothing but frozen, ill eat those. I guess fresh is my fav, then canned, then bag frozen.

Fresh > Frozen >>> Canned

I agree with you^^ but in some cases frozen can be better then fresh for one reason, if the veggie or fruit your buying is not in season, thats what I learned when I googled it few mins ago, correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by YungLifter
    I agree with you^^ but in some cases frozen can be better then fresh for one reason, if the veggie or fruit your buying is not in season, thats what I learned when I googled it few mins ago, correct me if im wrong.
    That's a good point. Kind of self-explanatory, but still valid nonetheless.

Nasaan ang unggoy? bigsethmeister's Avatar
    frozen tastes like ****

Quote Originally Posted by bigsethmeister
    frozen tastes like ****
    in most cases I'd say that's true

i never buy frozen i prefer to buy what's in season and fresh that's just me
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I read a few studies that have tested frozen against fresh for the nutritional content and..... In almost all the cases and almost all the studies.... frozen wins.

Why? Well most "fresh" stuff is picked, shipped and then sits in a store and looses some of it's nutritional content all along the way. It might have been picked a week or 2 ago. Frozen stuff is picked and frozen within minutes if not hours, preserving everything that in it.

Taste-wise I really don't think there's much competition, but something to think about...