Thread: [B]Protein in the middle of the night?[/B]

Hybrid View

[B]Protein in the middle of the night?[/B]

Protein in the middle of the night?

Do any of you actually wake up to drink a 50 gram slam of protein? or eat turkey or anything?.. I know tha'ts how Coleman and Cutler do it.. But i was wondering if it really helps THAT much!?!

i'm thinking about waking up at 3am for a 46g shake and at 6am for some egg whites
    -deltoids anonomous

i know some people that do it but i prefer to sleep as i don't get much of it!

if i do wake up in the middle of the night it's to go to the washroom and get water
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    An idea. If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night, whether its to drain the lizard or whatever, you could go and make a quick shake. But don't force yourself to.
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"

So this is it, my time to live.

Quote Originally Posted by METALASIAN
    An idea. If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night, whether its to drain the lizard or whatever, you could go and make a quick shake. But don't force yourself to.
    Or even better, have a shake pre-made. If you wake up, down it. If you don't, have it the next morning.

There's no way i'am disrupting my sleep to get a shake.
    Never Giving In.

Its weird, most nights I wake up around 4am with a stomach ache and the only thing that makes it go away is a good ole protein shake. This has been going on for a couple of years. If I go the whole night without waking up to have a shake I usually feel like **** in the morning. Its not like I plan on doing this, I don't set my alarm or anything.
    I am often asked by people at the gym "How do I lose fat from my tummy so my abs will show"
    My standard answer: "Get drunk and find yourself a sharp knife"

Bodyweight: 205lbs
    400lb Bench
    350lb Incline Bench
    605lb Deadlift
    285lb Push Press

hammin'
    Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    There's no way i'am disrupting my sleep to get a shake.
    amen
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

Simplistic
    I would agree that uninterrupted sleep is more important to me than getting a late night protein fix, but I have a hard time fallling back to sleep. If you don't feel it's affecting your sleep then I don't think it's a bad idea. I would suggest premaking a shake before you go to bed if you are going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by aormz
    Protein in the middle of the night?

Do any of you actually wake up to drink a 50 gram slam of protein? or eat turkey or anything?.. I know tha'ts how Coleman and Cutler do it.. But i was wondering if it really helps THAT much!?!

i'm thinking about waking up at 3am for a 46g shake and at 6am for some egg whites

It could help but you also have to understand that Coleman and Cutler are monsters. If you are their size, then it might work for you. I think you are better off down something that will digest slowly during the night (cottage cheese) than waking up and stopping your body from resting/repairing itself.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Im not that worried about it, if/when I start to get seriously big and strong then Ill re work my protein strategys. Right now I take in around 200 g min a day and 275 max and I really dont count each gram wrather I know that im getting them. Sometimes Ill eat a small meal before I take my bedtime protein shake so that it breaks down much slower and lasts a few hours.

When I'm bulking, I eat around 3am if I wake up to piss. For some reason I find this makes a difference, even compared to consuming the same amount of calories without the 3am meal.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310