Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitrean spoiled my tastebuds so now Atlarge must make whey.

Nitrean spoiled my tastebuds so now Atlarge must make whey.

Chis and Dan. Please make Atlarge Whey available soon. I recently bought some Brand X whey, and after having my palate spoiled by Nitrean and Opticen, my taste buds were insulted. It would be nice to have a less expensive yet tasty alternative when whey is the order of the day.

Also, have you guys thought about making an unflavored Nitrean so that you could throw it in lets say gatorade, and having it still taste like gatorade. That would be nice.

Last edited by DoUgL@S; 06-09-2005 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling.

Thank you very much!

One comment, there is no time that a whey-only product would be better for you than Nitrean or Opticen. I truly mean that. If I thought otherwise I would sell a whey-only product because I could do so and make a lot more money.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Thank you very much!

One comment, there is no time that a whey-only product would be better for you than Nitrean or Opticen. I truly mean that. If I thought otherwise I would sell a whey-only product because I could do so and make a lot more money.

Chris
    Law of dimishing returns? Also, I would really really like to see an atlarge whey product, but still offer nitrean as well.

Slaughter of the Soul METALASIAN's Avatar
    Yeah. Whey-only definitely wouldn't be as good as say Nitrean, but wouldn't it be a lot less cheaper? This coming from a high school student.
    Weight:160 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"

So this is it, my time to live.

Thank you very much!

Chris
    I have come to realise that fact. But it is a cheaper alternative, and sometimes (like when $ is tight) we need an alternative that supports WBB.

edit: unless of course you plan on having Nitrean specials often. :evillaugh
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 06-09-2005 at 11:21 PM.

I was just wondering the same thing Mr. Molina, when I came to look in here. I want to start ordering opticen, because I'm cutting and 52g of protein per 90g serving sounds like a good deal.

But $35.00 for a 23 serving supply? Don't most ppl take 2 scoops per day? That's 11.5 day's supply for too much $$ IMO. Chris, can you justify this?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Can I justify it?

Well, first, I can tell you that supplement sales on the internet have permanently skewed people's ideas of what a good deal is.

What people don't realize is that what you are paying for products on the net is, in many cases, very close to a distributor's cost for the product. They can sell the products at these very low margins because they have very little cost associated with the sale other than the dead cost of the product.

Go to a local store and see what they are charging for a product comparable to ours in quality. You will see prices of $55+.

I don't think that the vast majority of you have ANY idea what AtLarge's actual cost is for the products we sell. Trust me, whatever you think it is MORE.

We make a profit, absolutely. We are a BUSINESS and need a profit to stay in business.

In addition, quality costs money. We don't sell crap and never will. We pay for top dollar ingredients in our products so that we can offer the best products on the market. We then have gone out of our way to price ourselves competitively even at the cost of making a relatively small margin.

If you want the best buy our products. If you don't feel you are worth the best then buy elsewhere. The choice is yours, we hope you make the right one.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield
    I was just wondering the same thing Mr. Molina, when I came to look in here. I want to start ordering opticen, because I'm cutting and 52g of protein per 90g serving sounds like a good deal.

But $35.00 for a 23 serving supply? Don't most ppl take 2 scoops per day? That's 11.5 day's supply for too much $$ IMO. Chris, can you justify this?
    I think you are confused, either that or perhaps your budget is really just extremely very tight. I am not sure. In case you are confused, let me break it down for you.

Opticen is a 23 serving supply. Each serving is 3 scoops.

Personally I take one opticen per day at 11 am and and 2 x Nitrean servings per day post workout.

So thats $1.56 for the Opticen serving and $0.94 for the Nitrean servings.

So a total of $2.50 per day for a total of 100 grams of high quality protein. Not to mention the other macronutrients, vitamins and minerals that come with Opticen.

In our honest opinion thats a very good price for a high quality protein.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

35.00 for 23 servings just seemed high to me. When you put it into perspective like that, it does make more sense.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

The whey I take is $30.00 and for every 70 grams it has 54g of good Protein with vitamins and minerals. Sounds like you're getting a raw deal.
    Last edited by Pasha; 07-08-2005 at 03:12 PM.

I get so tired of this crap.

First, the protein you are referring to only contains 70% protein by volume and that is crappy. Our product is 80% protein by volume (when you take out the carbs and small amount of fat---i.e. the protein matrix is 80% by volume).

Our product is an MRP (Meal Replacement Powder), not a protein-only supplement. It also contains carbs, a very small amount of fat, and various vitamins and minerals.

Next, our protein matrix contains whey, casein, and egg protein which is superior to any whey-only product.

Last, we use a superior quality protein source. We pay more for a better product, that is the way it works.

You can buy the best or you can shortchange yourself. The choice is yours.

35.00 for 23 servings just seemed high to me. When you put it into perspective like that, it does make more sense.
    Pretty much any MRP will be about $2 a serving. Think about it - a quality meal for under $2.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Truthfully you can't beat this product, the only product that is as good as opticen in terms of quality ingredients and taste (not so much) is at least twice as much, $3-4/serving.

My point was that IF I decided to buy whey, I'd like to buy it from Atlarge. I am sure that I am not the only one that feels that way.
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 07-13-2005 at 06:23 PM.

I get so tired of this crap.
    I know, it's such a hassle educating your customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha
    The whey I take is $30.00 and for every 70 grams it has 54g of good Protein with vitamins and minerals. Sounds like you're getting a raw deal.
    Sarcasm aside, I think you missed the point and the tone of the post above yours. "I think you're getting a raw deal" clearly shows that Pasha does not understand what the going rate is of meal replacment products. Had he known he would then understand that Opticen is a great product for what it's priced at. Plus he was comparing a whey product to an MRP product which has a blend of proteins.

On top of this, Pasha went on to make a very stupid comment which only further shows that he is either trying to stir things up or is lacking brain cells.

I think Chris does an excellent job educating AtLarge customers. And, with all the bull**** these two guys have to cut through you have to understand that sometimes it can be quite tiresome.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 07-13-2005 at 04:24 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts
    You have to understand there is a difference between legitimate inquiries and questions meant to be projected in a negative light.

In addition, as Maki stated, certain individuals might be prone to repeat the same comments which get tiresome to me. Again, I am NOT speaking of legitimate inquiries.

I imagine it just took me by surprise. Just don't let them get to you, sometimes it's difficult dealing with morons...I do it all day long. No hard feelings I hope.

How about different flavors?
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Their choclate flavor is uncomparable its like comparing a really good quality choclate that costs you10bucks for small peice, to a choclate you just buy at the supermarket the cost 25cent.

You know what - F*ck the price. I use Nitrean because it works. Some of the greatest strength gains I've made have been while I've been on this product. This coming from someone who has been doing this for nearly 20 years. I have dumpt a ton of garbage in my body over the years, so I know the difference. It is, flat out, the best quality protein on the market.

DJ

That's what I'm talking about!

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

PLUS!!!!! it taste good=)

Since I have switched to Nitrean from regular whey only products, I have found that a blend seems to work better for me at any time of day so I will not be going back to whey only. Also if you consider price, quality, taste & conveniece, I think Nitrean and Opticen can't be beat.

Hmm, I think I will get some of this next month.
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.