Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Define Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by dxiw
    ... if your fat you are ugly.. I don't care about you as a person - I KNOW you are ugly because if your fat you lack self respect in the worst way and THATS a personality flaw. In addition, they're physically horrendous.
    Well, that's certainly how I felt for about 20 years when I was struggling with my weight. It's bloody hard to feel attractive when you're fat.

I surely was trying to lose it though. It just took me a while to figure it out.

some of the prettiest, and sexiest women i've ever been around were fairly fat..

i mean, more than "thick." it's all about personality, and how you carry yourself.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

my sister has been overweight most of her life but she's a knockout and a tremendously
    caring and loving individual!
    Last edited by getfit; 06-12-2005 at 04:40 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

enough said.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by XxH0LyWaRsxX
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Don't you mean beerholder?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironminded
    There are a couple of distinctions I thought might be inportant in this type of discussion.

One is the difference between beautiful and pretty. Many people think that beauty has something to do with personality as well as the physical, while pretty is often taken to be just the physical appearence. Notice I said many and not all. So that might be an inportant distinction, and one might think that something similar is in play with ugly and unattractive or not-pretty, that ugly has something to do with personality, while the latter does not.

Another usefull distinction might be between someone being attractive, as in they have th property of being attractive, and someone being attracted to another person, so attraction as a relation between two people, or one person and another. So while I think J. Simpson is attractive, I think most guys wouln't kick her out of bed for eating cookies, I am not attracted to her at all. Thus for me J. Simpson is attractive, but I am not attracted to her, she has the property of being attractive, but I do not stand in the relation of attraction to her.

I think Rock was trying to say that he is not attracted to J. Simpson, but I be he would still say that she is attractive, in that most guys would say she is hot, Darius might have been getting at something similar. I could be wrong here though so correct me if I am.
    Yeah, sort of. You basicly got it right, stating that I think she is good looking. There is no doubt about that. But the fact remains I have absolutly no attraction to her because she is so stupid, self centered, ignorant and generaly shallow that a relationship with her would be worse then being at a nazi concentration camp. Ok, maybe not even close to that bad, but you get the point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drai's
    I don't like when people say "oh she's so beautiful because of what's on the inside". Give me a break.
    I think that quote refers to someone who is some-what physically attractive in the first place.
    Have you never met a average looking person who had tremendous spirit and exhibited a form of natural kindness when you first met them or saw them?

I would pretty much agree with your statement a few years ago, but I've seen too much of "soda can man" personality to think that way now.

I really believe the old saying "watch how they treat others," especially if your in love with that person because when that fades, the next person they choose to shower their true personality on might be you.

Ugly to me means someone with a **** personality. When I meet a girl who has a great sense of humour, she becomes more physically attractive to me.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by largelegsbuthot
    I think that quote refers to someone who is some-what physically attractive in the first place.
    Have you never met a average looking person who had tremendous spirit and exhibited a form of natural kindness when you first met them or saw them?
    Sure, and that might attract me to them. But it doesn't make them "beautiful".

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    Ugly to me means someone with a **** personality. When I meet a girl who has a great sense of humour, she becomes more physically attractive to me.
    Your second statement is probably true for 99% of the people on this board.

It's the semantics of the first one I again don't agree with. But then again you said that's what it means to you, so I can't really argue.

Banned
    If you care to re-phrase this then I might not have a problem with it. The way it is currently written, however, implies that you think all popular people have no personality...which clearly is not true.
    I thought about that as I was writing the statement, your experiences may tell you otherwise, but from my experience (my highschool was really small)
    I hung out with this group...."like omigod, she is so dumb, like whatever..."
    of what I know, this group of people at best may have had a combined sub-par personality. I was shy, so I never did any teasing myself, but I was there sometimes (which makes me just as bad). I knew this guy from our shared friends, but he was a year older and I rarely ever talked to him, but the few times I'd see him, he was always very kind and polite.

So I should have re-wrote it with the thought in mind that popular kids elsewhere were not like this, but when I take into consideration of the behaviour of my friends (at the time) and ME, I think I could have tried harder to make everyone stop. I knew everytime someone cracked a joke at this person or that-usually when they were somewhere near, they could here it-I could have said something but I just wanted to avoid the whole situation altogether.

Sure, and that might attract me to them. But it doesn't make them "beautiful".

Your second statement is probably true for 99% of the people on this board.

It's the semantics of the first one I again don't agree with. But then again you said that's what it means to you, so I can't really argue.
    I know what you mean too though - it didn't always mean that to me. And it doesn't necessarily mean I'll find anyone attractive if they make me laugh..Rosanne for example...
    Last edited by aidano; 06-12-2005 at 08:08 PM.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

A girl is ugly when she refuses to sleep with me.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

hahahaha, i like that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    I can find something beautiful in nearly everything.

I see ugly more as pertaining to personality. A great looking person can easily become ugly to me after getting to know them or seeing how they treat others.
    Nice.

Almost exactly how I'd put it. I'd also emphasize how people with a lot of goodness inside of them tend to become better looking the longer you know them.

Ultimately we're all just fleshy bags of mostly water, ya know?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerManDL
    A girl is ugly when she refuses to sleep with me.
    I thought that just meant she "must be a lesbian".

Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    I can find something beautiful in nearly everything.

I see ugly more as pertaining to personality. A great looking person can easily become ugly to me after getting to know them or seeing how they treat others.

I wouldn't call them ugly....I prefer a-holes.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    some of the prettiest, and sexiest women i've ever been around were fairly fat..

Yup. REAL women have curves.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    I thought that just meant she "must be a lesbian".
    She can also be a stupid slut, too.

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    I hate to break it to you, but this line is only funny when Dave Chappele says it.
    You're my new hero.

Thank you.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

Novice WBB Member
    I've always believed that NO human being in this world is ugly. Ugliness is mearly an opininion or a point of view taken from an individual. All humans are the same: we have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a mouth and a nose- unless something unnatural were to occur such as people who unfortunately were born with some defect, NOBODY in the world is ugly. Now, living in the society of perfection that exists today, we may view some people to be more "attractive" than others or PREFER someone over someone else, but that does not make anybody "ugly". It is obvious that from the messages sent through media in our society today portray healthy people to generally look better than overweight people, but this is something people can change for themselves. I've always followed that everybody looks different and some may look better to you than others, but nobody is ugly and calling someone that would just hurt.

That sounds like hippie bull****.

Lol

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Arn't we attracted to people because it is a biological instinct in are brain, pheremones and all that bs. On a subliminal level, we opt for more healthier, good looking people because they have the best chance of producing offspring that will survive aka darwinism.
    Last edited by bgs1154; 06-13-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    ugly is just ugly. it doesnt matter on whether they're fat or not. some of the skinniest or most built people are dogbutt ugly. some fat people are pretty but their body's are ugly. ugly is someone that looks bad. crackwho'res are ugly because they look strung out and scrawny. etc etc..
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I wannabebig!