The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: New here

Wannabebig Member

New here

Hey all,
    I guess I'll just introduce myself.

I am a 16 year old male that has been lifting weights since i was 13. I started out at the local YMCA, as soon as I was old enough. When I transfered from a prep school to the local public, I started the school lifting program, with free wieghts-basically bench, squat, power clean, dead lift, and military press. Then when I was 14 I joined the only gym in out town other than the Y, which only has machines. The Fountains, is a small family owned business, and that is where my real lifting began. I got the basic run through by one of the local's, do this and that and this, 3 to 4 times weekly. Since then I've developed a diet and schedule, and added a little bit of supplement, under instruction of a girl that works out at the gym, and is a trainer in St. Louis.

As follows:
    Mondays: bench, incline dbs, decline dbs, 2 pulling exercises for my back, dont know names
    Tuesdays: smith machine squat, calf push ups, quad curls, extensions, i think i'm gonna add lunges
    Wednesdays: db curls, preacher curls, sometimes bar curls, and always cable curls slow with light wieght and 15 reps, and tri's workouts, dont know names and i vary a lot, can't find stuff i like much
    Thursdays: shoulders - arnold press, machine press, barbell chin ups, and db shrugs
    Friday: rest or chest

Also, 2.75 miles run walk over a period of 43 minutes, mon through fri

Diet:
    Meal One: 2 egg whites
    Meal Two: protein bar, started with Luna, went to Pure Protein, now on MesoTech, next box will be NitroTech i think
    Meal Three: 5 egg whites, one egg yolk, baked potato, broccoli/califlower
    Meal Four: cup of cottage cheese/yogart
    Meal Five: a chicken breast, salad, usually
    My 6th meal is supposed to be a piece of fruit, but usually dont get it in

Supplements:
    Creatine, loading right now, have GNC Pro
    Hydroxycut, started it yesterday, 4 pills a day

Stats:
    last checked: 225 lbs., 23% bf
    started out at: 250ish, a lot more bf
    just short of 6ft, big frame

Looking to lose more bodyfat, and upsize my muscles.
    I need to get back to my diet, and I was looking for inspiration and found a board in my favorite style, vB, so here I am. Looking forward to a good time and lots of learning on this board.

Check ya later
    Denny
    Starting over

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Welcome aboard!

And good luck!

Wannabebig Member
    i just did a calorie count, and stuck to that diet 100%, i'm only getting about 1100 calories

according to some calculator my BMR is 2265 calories

i am wanting to lose body fat, but should i up my calorie intake?

Also, does any mod want to be super friendly and move this to Journals, if not i'll just start a new thread over there, but it would be cool if you could
    Starting over

all done

And good luck!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Simplistic
    I would increase your calories to about 2000 and adjust from there, 1100 is way to little. Also cancel the fruit before bed, replace it with a some sort of quality protein source. Eat that peice of fruit with breakfast along with about 6 egg whites instead of 2. Try to count your protein, I'd go for about 210-250g a day spaced at about 2.5-3 hours inbetween doses. Don't load on the creatine, take 5-6g postworkout and thats it. The loading will probably only make you hold more water. Use the money you'll save on creatine to buy some glutamine. I take 20g a day of it although that is on the high side, probably 10g a day in 2 5g doses would be good.

Wannabebig Member
    well today at school this hydroxycut is making me hyper as heck and on minimum dose, its 1 in the afternoon and i've only eaten 2 protien bars, didn't have money or time yet, after school i will do the eggs and something, then lift about 4.30 or 5

i read the creatine article last night, 2 g a day, i need a scale or something

lots of water, lots of water, keep the comments and advice coming if you have it, all is welcome

-denny
    Starting over

Simplistic
    2g a day? I guess I must have missed that study.

Wannabebig Member
    topped the day off with math team practice, a visit to the doc, a salad, 3 small pieces of pizza, and my serving of creatine, no workout cause i got about 2 hours of sleep last night
    Starting over

Wannabebig Member
    chest, shoulders

diet, blah dont feel like typing it out, ended up being bout 2000 calories, 2/5 of them protein, wanted about 50 g's more but i suck

oh well

oh and check... lost 1.something% of my bodyfat this month
    Starting over