Thread: Hammer curls = pain in forearm

Beaver ******

Hammer curls = pain in forearm

A couple months ago, I noticed some pain in my forearm, and up my elbow. I thought I was just getting you're regular soreness. BUT, it started to hurt pretty bad, especially when going to grab something (Grip) The doc said it was a problem with the tendon and he gave me something called a "tendon blocker" He couldn't explain to me what it was, or what this shot did exactly. He just said cut back for 2 weeks. I did...but as soon as I did hammer curls the other day, the pain came back. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be. It only happens with hammer curls, and I like hammer curls.

Gotta find a good doc...

I know back about a year ago I got a mild tendonitis in both my forearms. I just had to lift through the pain for the most part (could have been dumb idk..) but doing some forearm work certainly helped me out. Try doing some wrist curls foward and reverse. I do them with my forearms resting on the tops of my upper legs and my wrists hanging off.
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavereater
    A couple months ago, I noticed some pain in my forearm, and up my elbow. I thought I was just getting you're regular soreness. BUT, it started to hurt pretty bad, especially when going to grab something (Grip) The doc said it was a problem with the tendon and he gave me something called a "tendon blocker" He couldn't explain to me what it was, or what this shot did exactly. He just said cut back for 2 weeks. I did...but as soon as I did hammer curls the other day, the pain came back. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be. It only happens with hammer curls, and I like hammer curls.

Gotta find a good doc...

It might be tendonitis (though unlikely if it only hurts on hammer curls). Regardless, I would suggest dropping the hammer curls and find exercises that do not hurt you...or you may wind up being unable to train at all. I'd also see a doctor, preferably one that trains and knows his stuff and get an idea as to what exercises you can and can not do. Hope things work out for you.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 06-16-2005 at 10:01 AM.